No longer a potential 350Z owner...

...because I bought it today!

It's been a grotty day both for photos and for driving, so I didn't stop long for the snapshots, sorry about quality.

Azure Blue 04 UK GT.

64000 miles, LMGT4 wheels, Black Diamond Brakes, Scorpion exhaust.

I paid £7750, private sale

Only driven 50 cautious miles so far (snow and dark and wet and nervous anyway as it's my first RWD and my first petrol car bigger than 1.8l), and it's ACE.

Going to be the coolest car in the work car park tomorrow, sure there are newer and more flash posh expensive ones there but they don't SOUND like mine.

I call her J-Lo because she has a bulbous rear end and is getting on a bit in years but is still quite sexy ;)

I'll be posting a few basic questions in the next month or so.

Thanks for all advice so far.

post-27984-0-00871500-1453074117_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice one, well done on a well thought through and considered purchase!

You guys all helped me think it through and consider it !

Funnily enough the one I have bought is the first one that had a very well put-together advert - I remember in early December (when I thought I could get away with budgeting 5k - 6.5k) sharing the ads for this one on my Facebook page and saying "this guy saw me coming" :lol: all the photos were taken against scenic backdrops in Glencoe, and there were no spelling mistakes etc. in the ad. At the time I was ruling this one out as being beyond budget and "too posh" with its uprated wheels, exhaust and brakes, so it was initially only one of the "joke" or "dream on" cars.

And now it's mine!

Bit of bubbling on the alloys and the black plastic trip along the top of the passenger door is coming away at one end so I'll see what I can do with that, and aforementioned interior light issue (ditto) but no rush.

Higher priorities are to book Drive-Ride course (gotta see if my work can subsidise this, we get corporate perks for "self improvement" which can be a gym membership, a pair of trainers, an evening class etc.) and look at insurance costs for next renewal in 3 months (for now I just changed car on existing policy)