The Great LM Sticker Challenge

Ekona

Guys, I'm after inspiration here. Bunch of us going down to LM this year, and as usual we want to sticker the cars up. Previously there's only ever been two or three max so we've done individual stickering, but this year we want to do a theme. Trouble is, we've no idea what! :lol:

First off, the cars:

Silver 645 coupé

Grey 645 cab

White Gallardo Spider

Black Blobeye Impreza STi

Dark red Elise 111R

Now, the constraints:

Cheaper, the better! Maybe £100 each, perhaps £150 tops.

Everything will be applied by us, so nothing too complex.

Absolutely nothing offensive. Funny at first, but I'm not p*ssing off our French hosts. Which is a shame, because the car nationalities would make for some great WW2 decals...

One guy is a bit unexciting, so whereas I'd be happy to go down as the Spice Girls in full get-up, he would be less convinced.

If any one can come up with something reasonable and brilliant that fits the criteria, then we'll do it. Scouts honour.

Or do what the RX8OC twats did to me when I went with them in the 350z and covered it in Mazda decals....

So stick a variety of "rival" badges on cars.

Sorry, but that made me laugh :lol:

Trouble with the sponsor ones is the Gallardo, as it's a very long door and very little space to add anything else before or after. Same with the Elise, really.

Or do what the RX8OC twats did to me when I went with them in the 350z and covered it in Mazda decals....

So stick a variety of "rival" badges on cars.

Sorry, but that made me laugh :lol:

Trouble with the sponsor ones is the Gallardo, as it's a very long door and very little space to add anything else before or after. Same with the Elise, really.

Just put "PENIS" on the doors then ;)

I say do it, go the full WW2 thing. Last years "Team Churchill" started off with this idea but we bottled it on the full logos, cant actually remember why :lol:

My favourite was when we did the rude sponsorship stickers, below you can see Analstars, Penizoil, Agay, Bummer and Strap on, there were more as well :lol:

11150734_10155565275455615_3300564900674152209_n.jpg?oh=125c378b99fc5feb54d22d1df6789ab7&oe=573F30BF

IMAG0035_zpsldlif6xu.jpg

• Like 1

You have to do the clothes as well, we got so much attention witht he Churchill theme last year it made a great day even better - as well as the 1920's style clothes we started the day with a Whisky and Soda and then did a few bottles of champers, some gin, port and brandy and kept a 3 hour loop of old war songs playing in the background, rinsin like Winston :lol:

Here is Algie and Ken (the war music came straight off his "most played" iPod list, the old bastard) looking the part :thumbs:

11111128_10153289806841049_7372960041027300534_n.jpg?oh=c59ac91c916f3d7c23e7400bee19446c&oe=5747AE49

Edited by docwra

What about dressing up as different nationality fighter plane pilots?

You could then do the two BMW's in German fighter plane style, Lambo in Italian fighter plane style, Subaru obviously as the Japanese and then the Lotus as the good ol' British example. :D

Could decal up the cars in a similar fashion to the below example then (bar all the rivets as that might be a bit OTT). ;)

Lamborghini-Gallardo-fighter-paintjob-5.jpg

Edit: Can't really see that as being offensive to the French, ...I mean they do have a sense of humour at least, unlike the Germans. :dry: (Joke) :lol:

• Like 2

I say do it, go the full WW2 thing. Last years "Team Churchill" started off with this idea but we bottled it on the full logos, cant actually remember why :lol:

Ive checked and its because we couldnt figure out how to do the shark teeth on the front of the Allied "aircraft" :lol:

I liked the earlier suggestion of wacky races but then I'm that little bit older and remember watching it!

Dastardly and Mutley, penelope pitstop, anthill mob, the slag brothers and their boulder mobile etc.

Look it up plenty of images on line!