Japday Review - TT Article #13 **Page 8**

Grundy

Steve's choices get my vote. The MX-5 sounds like what I might choose for a track car if I had the cash for one, and I've always liked the E92 beemers.

I could never live with a 996 911 - they just made such a mess of a fundamentally decent shape, I'd cringe every time I looked at it :p

• Like 2

agreed the turbo'd MX5 sounds the best path to follow, but i'd go slightly different, and spend my £6 on an S2000, then 6k on a TTS Supersport Supercharger kit and have 400+bhp on tap :D

I think Dan wanted to do a similar path, but thought it was too close with Steve's MX-5

I did, and I even wanted an E92 M3 as well as my second choice by Steve beat me to it! :lol:

Still, I genuinely would like to have a 996 and modify the pants off it. It's got more than enough power, and with just a few mods you can make it a real weapon. It may not look as good as a 993, but the chassis is a massive leap forward. Certainly a better drive than either the MX5 or the Chevvy. ;)

Interesting..... oddly always had a soft spot for the 996. Looked great when it first came out!

For the MX5 I prefer the idea of a supercharger (instead of a turbo), but thats just me. Mine should be finished in a few weeks time :) And since its a mk2.5 I think its all in e for 10k

Edited by grahamc