Flame Kits

Easty

There used to be kits where you could put a spark plug in the exhaust which would ignite the unburnt fuel, may be well more advanced than this depending on how big the flames were, but please....

NO

Unless you do it in the correct fashion and put a twin turbo kit on ;)

There used to be kits where you could put a spark plug in the exhaust which would ignite the unburnt fuel, may be well more advanced than this depending on how big the flames were, but please....

NO

Unless you do it in the correct fashion and put a twin turbo kit on ;)

Hasn't changed, will still just be burning unburnt flames via a spark plug/similar method.

Bumper will melt, will look like a tool, pointless mod.

I bought a flamer kit about 10 years back off the net but never got around to using it. It is indeed a spark plug you screw into your exhaust about a foot from the end, then if I remember correctly you wire it up to your car battery & a switch on the dash. I thought it might be a good way of stopping people tail gating me.

• Like 3

Some of the crap kits cut ignition timing to create unburned fuel, N/As don't run rich enough to have unburned fuel to ignite via just a plug in the exhaust so they need a fuel supply....so you can have a nice extra little tank of petrol in your boot to catch fire when some idiot runs into the back of you while watching your really cool flames :dry:

• Like 1

That videos hilarious...idiots lol fair enough a quick glimpse from say a supercar but even still... You see all these people on youtube with their cars bouncing off the rev limiters to do it. Someone mechanical help me out in case I'm talking rubbish but I was told that all it takes is for that pressure/flame or whatever to go the wrong way.. Ie back into the engine and your stuffed? Lol

Edited by AMT

You might just get a small blue flame on the overrun, but nothing like a turbocharged engine with a non recirc BOV and a MAF,

You will also find that Ferrari's and Lambos etc will also flame because of the cams and being mapped to inject a little fuel on the overrun, but in general as soon as the throttle is closed no fuel is injected.

And to answer AMT question, no nothing bad will happen.

• Like 1