Have you ever seen two uglier modern cars...

AMT

My god, I know its subjective but I studied design many moons ago and I struggle... as an object.. to call either these two pleasing in anyway. I can't decide which is uglier, I think the Merc may pip it. Despite 'the person' having more money than I'll ever have if I met someone with one of these.. I couldn't hold my 'opinions' in if I tried. "why the hell did you waste so much money on that thing for?!" I cannot stand ugly looking vehicles lol.

I do like MotorTrend vids :)

EDIT - The guy even notes this in the vid, the Merc being terrible looking from every angle.. I agree

Edited by AMT

The older X6 was no better looking lol I know these terrible niche markets are selling but these high crossover things people keep buying...WHY?! I can think of one thing... to protect the kids (but I'd rather get a proper thing...like a range rover or something) ..otherwise I struggle to see why. It can't be to show off as I 'think' a lot of people who are into cars will just go... :wacko::scare::lol::doh:

Yes but they're both highly obnoxious, which is really the point of them.

Similar to the Porsche Cayenne, stupidly large, expensive, and ugly. The point i feel is as a status symbol, showing that you've got so much money you dont even care how silly your car looks.

I'm gonna argue for the Juke even though I don't think highly of it at all, cars can have looks 'relevant' to their possible intended purpose. The juke looks like a little funky run around designed to be fun and you can kinda see that despite being a bit..all over the place. These two don't give over the feeling of fun or any other purpose than to lord it over.... again probably why their purchased. God I hate them and all others...that other Merc too the GLA? Its like a crossover but a giant sat on it making it flat looking.

God Aston Martin... this DB11 better look good.

Yes that... rather weird magazine mock up haha. I've seen its camo pics and its got the shape but hopefully its not fussy and bits all over the place. Also curious/worried on the noise, an Aston should roar. (I wish I was rich...). Do you know what, I'm NOT gonna say the cubes ugly...would I have one? Hell no, but its a kinda dinky designed thing for carrying stuff, I'm not gonna say ugly. Its hard ot make anything short of a sports car, sleek saloon 'pretty'. In my mind theres good looking and pretty. Good looking - 350Z (obviously haha), Astra VXR (shhh), Lexus Is new saloon, range rover sport. Pretty looking - DB9, XKR (newer ones), Gallardo, McLaren F1. Trinkets and bling can make a thing look good, pretty is usually with its main attribute being the style, profile, lack of fussy details. Sorry I forgot DB7. Despite its indicators being orange on older ones and the interior woeful, a neighbour has a relation who visits from time to time and they bring there burgundy coloured DB7 and just sitting there all simple sleek curvy shaped... it is pretty, old, dated, but pretty. Hopefully someone gets what I'm on about :lol: The two 'beasts' in the video are not even 'good looking'.

My god, I know its subjective but I studied design many moons ago and I struggle... as an object.. to call either these two pleasing in anyway. I can't decide which is uglier, I think the Merc may pip it. Despite 'the person' having more money than I'll ever have if I met someone with one of these.. I couldn't hold my 'opinions' in if I tried. "why the hell did you waste so much money on that thing for?!" I cannot stand ugly looking vehicles lol.

I do like MotorTrend vids :)

EDIT - The guy even notes this in the vid, the Merc being terrible looking from every angle.. I agree

IMHO, these sort of "cars" aren't designed for car enthusiasts but status symbol seekers.

Pete

I like the X6, has a massive GET OUT OF MY F-ING WAY look to it.

The back is not amazing but better than the X5, and miles better than the tumor on wheels merc.

Mercedes new design language just isn't doing it for me. Too rounded on everything. Their lights all look the same, have no real shape or aggression to them. I used to draw lights on my cars like that when I was about 7 - Jelly bean shapes coloured in red for back and left clear for the fronts....

Going to watch this later when I get home, really enjoy Motortrend videos, but I miss Carlos - He left for some other mag I think???

I'd only buy one of these if I wanted a quick cruiser/bruiser and had a family - But then why not just get an M5 and be done?

Going back to the "status symbol" surely that crown is the Range Rover and G wagon? ( Not sure about Cayenne here, but maybe )

• Like 1

I'd argue that the current Cayenne and the X5 are actually very good looking cars. Both very good to drive, as well.

The Bentayga looks pretty decent as well, and surely that will set the bar for status symbols. Not that I think they are though, and tbh it's a bit stones in glass houses to say that they're only bought by people looking to show off when we're a bunch of flashy sports car owners :lol:

Fire-Fighters-Suit-1.jpg

I don't see that they look that bad tbh. :shrug::D

I mean sure I wouldn't buy one (if I could afford either) but then I can think of plenty of uglier looking vehicles than them imo with nowhere near the power of those engines which is pretty significant to me (love a good engine).

• Like 1