Vehicle MOT History Website

TimC

Not sure if this is new but its quite interesting and damn handy to check your car MOT history or the car you want to buy. Tells you if the car passed or failed and what it failed on, already tried mine. Its had a history of incorrectly spaced number plates and low tread on tyres :)

https://mot-history.net/

Edited by TimC
  • Like 1

Looked at my old 350 I sold in 2010 looks like the poor girl hasn't been looked after a long list of failures

Reason(s) for failure:

Rear Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)

Emissions not tested (7.0)

Nearside Rear Rear wheel bearing has excessive play (2.6.2)

Nearside Rear wheel bearing rough when rotated (2.6.1)

Nearside Front Tyre has ply or cords exposed (4.1.D.1b)

Offside Front Tyre has ply or cords exposed (4.1.D.1b)

Nearside Front Tyre has a cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords (4.1.D.1a)

Offside Front Tyre has a cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords (4.1.D.1a)

Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1)

Offside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1)

in fairness, 6 of those failures can be summed up in three words - replace front tyres. weld the crack in the exhaust and swap on a new wheel bearing and you're good as new again.

you want to see a long and varied mot history you should see my wifes 206 - pretty much fails every year now on a variety of different things, think it might be time to get rid!

Just had a look at mine, it had this advisory -

Advisory notice item(s)

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components

Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay

Now surely these cant be advisory's - they're standard equipment! They're on most cars ffs. Do they actually mean they can't be arsed to remove them to check the car properly?

Advisory notice item(s)

Now surely these cant be advisory's - they're standard equipment! They're on most cars ffs. Do they actually mean they can't be arsed to remove them to check the car properly?

an MOT test is not allowed to remove engine undertrays and covers, so its a way of covering themselves in case there is a problem underneath one of them. same with being unable to view brake pads - all they can do is look at them rather than dismantle anything - not even sure the wheels are taken off for an MOT test.

Advisory notice item(s)

an MOT test is not allowed to remove engine undertrays and covers, so its a way of covering themselves in case there is a problem underneath one of them. same with being unable to view brake pads - all they can do is look at them rather than dismantle anything - not even sure the wheels are taken off for an MOT test.

My VX220 always had advisory's due to the standard undertray covering the entire underside of the car

This isnt new though? I have checked MOT history online for years via the gov.uk site and always used it when buying cars (although you needed the MOT Ref number/Vin number to do it) - this just looks to have been ported over and removes the need for either of those bits of data.