Another new person

Ste333

Hi all, came across this forum a fair while ago but never really needed to get actively involved until now :)

I've come from a background of modified Nissans, predominantly 200sx's - I've had 3 S14's and loved them. Up until very recently I had a subaru, but that's now sold and quite soon I'll be back in the market for another Nissan (well after christmas now). After much thought I've decided that I want soemthing newer and more refined than an S13/S14 and I've always admired Z33's from afar, so I think a nice spec UK 350z would be perfect as my new toy and daily driver!

I've done a bit of reading on some of the tech articles and it seems that a UK spec coupe with GT pack would be the way to go, and make sure it has no clicky rear axles etc!

Anyway, just thought I'd put a quick into on, and hopefully I'll be in my own car sooner rather than later so I can start whoring some pics etc.

Cheers, Steve :)

cheers guys :)

Well this is the subaru I just sold, it was a great practical car and i spent a small fortune getting it to the level it was when I sold it, but it just wasn't really me:

303A4A89-75A5-40C6-ABE5-C1ECA5F71CFB_zpsd7ebpmna.jpg

and some pics of my other previous cars..I've had a fair few :)

null_zps8281f652.jpg

7313fc3b.jpg

93be7fa5.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

DSC00254b-.jpg

Photo099.jpg

PhonePics014.jpg

and my fav s14a

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

There are actually many other cars too, I'm quite indecisive. Apart from when it comes to Nissans, the S14's were by far the best cars I've owned.

• Like 1

I'm just concerned that coming from Subarus/Evos and other turbo'd cars...I'm going to be disappointed with the power delivery. I know that the power is more linear and I'm sure they handle lovely... but I've also read that Zeds are quite heavy.... and it does concern me a bit that my expectations might be too high. I did drive one before...but I think that particular car was a bit tired and I was quite disappointed with the way the engine picked up. I just hope that better looked after cars aren't the same.... I need to drive another one.

Your car history is like my dream garage:lol:

Welcome to forum!

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

haha thanks mate :) I've been quite fortunate to have owned all sorts of different cool cars. Variety is the spice of life and all that lol...

Edited by Ste333
  • Like 1

I'm just concerned that coming from Subarus/Evos and other turbo'd cars...I'm going to be disappointed with the power delivery. I know that the power is more linear and I'm sure they handle lovely... but I've also read that Zeds are quite heavy.... and it does concern me a bit that my expectations might be too high. I did drive one before...but I think that particular car was a bit tired and I was quite disappointed with the way the engine picked up. I just hope that better looked after cars aren't the same.... I need to drive another one.

Sounds like you need to go to the nearest dealership with zeds and do some test drives.

She does lack the punch most cars have with their narrow power band, but that's cos she's already been pushing all the way from 2K! Personally this was something I was looking forward to, it's not that I don't like a car that has a sharp power band, but I do a lot of motorway miles and having 90% of the engines torque across the whole rev range just sounded fantastic. The other main option I was looking at (Honda S2000 was a no-go cos I wanted a hard top) was the Mazda RX8, but to make that car sing you have to pin her in the high revs. Which is also fun but the lazy grunt of the zed just appealed more.

So I've got the right car for my tastes, but it sounds like you need to get behind the wheel and sus out for your self if she's going to be right for you.

Also do some research on which year to get, both trim and engine have had a few revisions and you might find that makes a difference. The rev up 2006 engine for example has a less linear torque curve so has a more normal punch on it's power band, could be more your thing. The rev limit also changed on each revision so look into that too.

Sounds like you need to go to the nearest dealership with zeds and do some test drives.

She does lack the punch most cars have with their narrow power band, but that's cos she's already been pushing all the way from 2K! Personally this was something I was looking forward to, it's not that I don't like a car that has a sharp power band, but I do a lot of motorway miles and having 90% of the engines torque across the whole rev range just sounded fantastic. The other main option I was looking at (Honda S2000 was a no-go cos I wanted a hard top) was the Mazda RX8, but to make that car sing you have to pin her in the high revs. Which is also fun but the lazy grunt of the zed just appealed more.

So I've got the right car for my tastes, but it sounds like you need to get behind the wheel and sus out for your self if she's going to be right for you.

Also do some research on which year to get, both trim and engine have had a few revisions and you might find that makes a difference. The rev up 2006 engine for example has a less linear torque curve so has a more normal punch on it's power band, could be more your thing. The rev limit also changed on each revision so look into that too.

Yeah good shout, hadn't considered the different engine revisions.

Welcome aboard Steve. :welcome:

Great selection of performance cars you've owned. B)

thanks mate :)