evo vs bike

gillywig2

For a second I thought I saw a body underneath the passenger side of the EVO after it slid into the side road :scare:

Was it just tyre debris?

So many comments on Liveleak on how unfortunate it was the EVO didn't crash.

I think it was really FORTUNATE and hopefully was the perfect experience to educate the driver to be more cautious and realise nomatter how good the car he is not invincible.

Hopefully a life changing experience the driver will never forget :thumbs:

For a second I thought I saw a body underneath the passenger side of the EVO after it slid into the side road :scare:

Was it just tyre debris?

So many comments on Liveleak on how unfortunate it was the EVO didn't crash.

I think it was really FORTUNATE and hopefully was the perfect experience to educate the driver to be more cautious and realise nomatter how good the car he is not invincible.

Hopefully a life changing experience the driver will never forget :thumbs:

Pretty sure it wasn't a body underneath. Looked like a traffic island to me

Biker did nothing wrong. He just filtered, which is perfectly legal. He didn't pull away fast, so wasn't trying to instigate a race. Just another dick head car driver.

Filtering from the wrong lane? Legal yes, idiotic as well.

He saw that Evo, and thought he'd have a bit of it. I don't care what he says, there was no need for him to pull over right next to it unless that was his plan.

Biker did nothing wrong. He just filtered, which is perfectly legal. He didn't pull away fast, so wasn't trying to instigate a race. Just another dick head car driver.

Filtering from the wrong lane? Legal yes, idiotic as well.

He saw that Evo, and thought he'd have a bit of it. I don't care what he says, there was no need for him to pull over right next to it unless that was his plan.

We must be watching a different video. Not what I see at all.

How on earth did he manage to do that in an EVO? I was under the impression that with all their electronic trickery and YAW control, that was not supposed to happen?

No amount of trickery is going to help if you keep your foot in and steering angle fixed, guessing it just came on full boost too :)

50/50 or not, never play with bikers, they are just too vunerable, that whole thing could have been so much worse.

• Like 1

As a biker, from my perspective, the biker just filtered through the traffic to the front. You can see the gap between the lorries in the LH lane and the cars in the middle lane is a bit tight. Personally I wouldnt want to squeeze through there. Whereas the RH is clear and the gap between the Evo and the car on the left is a nice size. The biker filtered safely to the front ready to pull off when the lights changed.

The roads look damp and the bike certainly isnt giving it any stick by any means. 1st gear on my bikes, even in the dry is next to useless as it will just wheelie. So in the damp im even more careful when accelerating from a standing start. It looks like the biker accelerates off just fast enough to make sure he is clear off the traffic so he can take the slip road. The sliproad is a way further up so he has plenty of time to safely make sure he is clear off the traffic and moved into the LH lane.

Mr Evo on the other hand, he was definitely in the wrong lane, he`s in the RH lane, then cuts across the biker over the chevrons on the bend before loosing it. It was just pure luck no cars, bikers or anyone else was waiting to come out of the junction he span into.

• Like 2

If the car is in the wrong lane, then so is the bike. The bike isn't actually in a lane, he's between cars waiting to go in their respective lanes. Why did he feel the need to pull across from where he was correctly waiting, to alongside the Evo? He's on a bike, he should be taking the space of a car at a junction, not hiding between vehicles.

I'm really trying not to come across as anti-bike here, as clearly the Evo was being the bigger knobhead out of the two, but there was simply no reason for the bike to filter through there. If he hadn't, and then made damn sure he was clear of the Evo by getting out of the blocks quick, would the Evo have binned it? Probably not, I feel.

Now, I'm not a biker, so o don't know their part of the HC. If I'm wrong here and the HC says that bikes should filter through to the front at a junction like that, please tell me so I stop digging myself a hole!

Nothing to say the bike was "in the right" but its just common practice, you obviously done need as much space as a car and usually you will be away and gone, however wrong you may see it in your eyes, the evo driver was the one trying to prove a point, the bike wasnt even giving it any, just using his lack of size to avoid queuing.

I certainly wouldnt say the biker was an idiot, he wasnt endangering anyone but himself perhaps, he was just doing what bikes do.

Edited by Jetpilot

It is in the Highway Code that bikes can filter when safe to do so. That was clearly the case here. Plenty of room and he waited for stationary traffic before getting into position.

You avoid filtering alongside HGVs, as they can't see you and always try to get to the front of a lane and just ahead of a car so the driver can clearly see you. Sometimes a blip of the throttle helps get you noticed, but is often misinterpreted as aggression or some sort of challenge.

This looks to me like a simple case of a butt hurt idiot proving he can pull away faster than what looks like (from what I can see) nothing more than a 600cc commuter style motorcycle. He wants locking up for endangering lives like that.

• Like 1

hahahahah what a bell end.

How unbelievably lucky is that car driver??? to lose it like that and end up in a gap? wow!

that's crazy.

is he running some 100 year old or cheap n nasty hard plastic tyres.

On the bike, I would have done same.

you can see at the beginning he's in the correct slow non overtaking lane and looking to go left from the start, pulls up to a halt, evaluates the situation and sees in his preferred path 2 huge trucks and a whole lot of cars but in the next lane 1 car only so chooses an easy safe option.

I think he's riding a gsxr - one of the all time best fastest sports bikes :) but not at any high rpm to make any power and makes a slow gear change so it's clear to see in all behaviours he's got no interests to prove to the other traffic.

At a guess he also would be expecting the car guy to be turning right from the position the car driver took so very doubtful of any challenge type motives here.

he filters through and then in front and not pulled up alongside so he's visible to the drivers and not perceived as 'challenging'.

hahahahah what a bell end.

How unbelievably lucky is that car driver??? to lose it like that and end up in a gap? wow!

that's crazy.

is he running some 100 year old or cheap n nasty hard plastic tyres.

On the bike, I would have done same.

you can see at the beginning he's in the correct slow non overtaking lane and looking to go left from the start, pulls up to a halt, evaluates the situation and sees in his preferred path 2 huge trucks and a whole lot of cars but in the next lane 1 car only so chooses an easy safe option.

I think he's riding a gsxr - one of the all time best fastest sports bikes :) but not at any high rpm to make any power and makes a slow gear change so it's clear to see in all behaviours he's got no interests to prove to the other traffic.

At a guess he also would be expecting the car guy to be turning right from the position the car driver took so very doubtful of any challenge type motives here.

he filters through and then in front and not pulled up alongside so he's visible to the drivers and not perceived as 'challenging'.

I guessed at a bandit, but you might be right on second look. Doesn't sound like a litre bike, but could well be a GSXR 600 / 750...

I thought he was very restrained not to go and have a "more detailed conversation" with the fella :lol:

Edited by mdunbar

The Evo was always planning on going left as he saw what he was up against (Lorry/less powerful car) and decided to get in the wrong lane to beat them off. Lets be honest 50% of us here have done it.

The Biker clearly looks right when he saw the Evo and changed lanes to get in front of him. I hate it when Bikers do this as half of the time I am sat behind them through the twisties and cant overtake due to their straight line speed.

I have no idea how the Evo crashed as the corner wasnt even that tight and he cant have been driving that fast.

My conclusion is that Dan is right, both are idiots are they were both in the wrong lane but the Evo driver being the biggest idiot.

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Just watched again, the biker does whats known as a "lifesafer" before he changes to the 2nd lane to get out from behind the lorries, not looks at the evo, the two left lanes have arrows pointing straight on, 3rd lane has a turn right arrow, the biker pulls in front of the car in the 2nd lane, ok he queue jumps but still in the correct lane to to go straight on. He obviously isnt racing the evo otherwise he would not be so shocked when it cut in front of him and is quite casual in his accelerating, if he had gunned it, you wouldnt have seen the evo at all :)

• Like 1

The biker did absolutely nothing wrong. He moved safely to the front of queuing traffic and then set off In front of the traffic and took the lane for his desired route, whereas the evo was either in the wrong lane and had to gun it to get in before the bike or was just trying to prove he was faster. No matter how much you hate bikers doing it moving safely to the front of queuing traffic is a perfectly acceptable manoeuvre and the evo driver was the only one at fault and driving in a dangerous manner.

Pretty clear who the bikers are on this thread, and I agree with all of them. If you get pi**ed because you regularly get held up off the line by a bike you need to do less racing launches for the sake of your clutch, even the HC says that filtering is fine.

A filtering bike isnt a problem to anyone unless they make it that way, a boy racer with an Evo that doesnt understand lift off oversteer is only a matter of time ..........

• Like 1

Pretty clear who the bikers are on this thread, and I agree with all of them. If you get pi**ed because you regularly get held up off the line by a bike you need to do less racing launches for the sake of your clutch, even the HC says that filtering is fine.

A filtering bike isnt a problem to anyone unless they make it that way, a boy racer with an Evo that doesnt understand lift off oversteer is only a matter of time ..........

Its not being held up off the line its on the B roads after that. Other than driving like a tool the Biker and Evo did exactly the same thing.

Got in the wrong lane to take the exit they wanted. The Biker clearly saw the Evo and changed lanes, unless its a massive coincidence he looked over at exactly the right time...

I regularly move out of the way for Bikers on motorways and when there is loads of traffic. But them coming to the front of the queue and putting there bike straight in front of my car with a couple of inches gap does annoy me. It might be legal but it isn't safe for anyone!

• Like 2