Amuse rear bumper ...opinions please

Bullet

Which to go for ?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you go for ?

• amuse rear bumper
    • do luck rear bumper

I'm currently building a car for next years show season and i know i want the amuse superleggera kit.

My big dilemma is that rear bumper...some like it and some absolutely hate it.

so should it:

go with the amuse rear bumper and keep it a complete kit ?

or: fit a do luck rear bumper that has a rear lip that will work with the amuse kit ?

amuse:

amuse-380rs-gt5-nurburgring.jpg

Do luck:

Do_Luck_Z_009.jpg

• Like 1

There's not a 'both of these are crap, please dont do it' option

Please explain :)

Okay I take part of that back the do luck one isnt too bad, but for the love of christ that amuse one looks incredibly chavy, I mean what's with the shelf?? Obviously just my opinion.

you wont find a do-luck in the UK any more buddy. myself and Humpy had 2 recently, pig to fit even for a body shop.

Humpy got his on with alot of extra cost. mine was in woorse state that his as mine got binned. bodyshop couldnt make it fit without removing the crash barrier!

so instead i have the ING, which is a very similar design.

i have a build thread somewhere.... ''3 month sprint build'' in that section. plenty of piccies.

I do normally go for the safe option with cars and stay subtle .......But i really don't see chavy :shrug:

At no point did I call your car chavvy, that's epic, as I said I just dont like that bumper, for which I am truly very sorry.

The superleggera kit is great, right up until you see the rear... which is ghastly imo. Same thing puts me off the Nismo v3 which is a fantastic look ruined by the arse. The Do Luck kind of flows with the Amuse skirts, but equally it may look awful...

Sorry, no help at all, but without seeing a picture it's hard to see whether they would work together or not?

I do normally go for the safe option with cars and stay subtle .......But i really don't see chavy :shrug:

modp_0909_09_o20amuse_nissan_380rs_superleggera20front_side_view_zps3zwge4te.jpg

That doesn't look chavy because it's Amuse's show car. If you see the specs and cost which went into it then I'd bloody hope they could do a decent job. I'm not saying that you can't by the way and I personally do like the look of the kit, but it's such a striking look then anything slightly untoward with the fitment etc. will be magnified and ruin the impact of the kit.

I am looking forward to seeing what you do! :thumbs:

White one looks great from the front, but its not the front your worried about, the rear is just to angular to work with that swoopy, curvy front, almost looks like the wrong part of the kit, the do luck looks much better.

Also seem to remember there was a dude who put the amuse kit on that forged twin turbo and said fitment was shocking so choose your supplier carefully.

Oh and another reason the white one looks stunning, awesome awesome rims ;)

Please, please, please don't put that amuse rear on, it looks like it's been designed by a 3 year old!

That's basically the Nismo v3, so some came from the factory looking like that too! Not the best, but then it is supposed to be functional aero, so looks maybe were a secondary concern.

Lots of mixed thoughts posted about this. My thought though is that the amuse doesnt seem to blend in with the swooping curves of the rest of the car as stated by jetpilot. Its too square and awkward looking. How ever a westminster chime clock would sit on it rather well with a vase either side !! The luck one would be my choice out of the two. Looks much more refined and suited to the car. But everyone sees something different with things so i would go with what your happiest with