Bit on the slow side 350z

jas-350

However whatever the comparison, I love my Z and wouldn't change it for anything. Once modified to your specification, supercedes all the looks of the cars in question. The modifications to transform the look of your ride are second to one. I personally find nobody racing me from the line only pulling aside to admire. :p

• Like 1

Downside of Z is weight and thats is the only reason why he is trailing against modern cars cause 286hp on 1500kg plus driver and goods is not much. All the mods without remap are only loss instead of gains.

But on the other side Z is excellent base for FI, and once properly builded only sky is limit in terms of power

On track a Zed is a damn quick car, it has to be said - surprises a lot of much more expensive metal, I think the key is how accessible it is :)

And yet mine gets humiliated down a country road compared to my mates lotus Elise !

I find Elises to be mobile roadblocks on track though, weird isnt it? :lol:

• Like 1

The Z is quite difficult to get off the line quickly I find.

The Racelogic traction control doesn't cost too much and comes with launch control, ask Andy James for a second opinion.

Only if he remembers to press the button ;)

See

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91029-thanks-to-the-zed-shed-boys/

or

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91039-andy-james/

However whatever the comparison, I love my Z and wouldn't change it for anything. Once modified to your specification, supercedes all the looks of the cars in question. The modifications to transform the look of your ride are second to one. I personally find nobody racing me from the line only pulling aside to admire. :p

Thats because your Z looks like it will eat anything that try's to race it . . . :teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta agree with the comments about z vs turbo'd cars - the power delivery is completely different so much more balanced on the Z. I think there is a perception that the modern TD's are quick simply because of when following one, the brief spurt of power means you cannot constantly keep on the power.

Though looking at a bmw 330d 12~ your looking at 0-60 in 5.1 @ 254bhp / 413lb-ft weighing in at 1610KG. Dam, just picked my next car

• 2 weeks later...

It's a diesel, therefore completely incapable of making me lust after it.

I'd rather drive a 318i than a 330d.

i too might have agreed...until i drove a repmobile mondeo tdc...by eck, it do fly..the boost transition feels pretty much similar to a Scooby! - Ok, it cant be but it genuinely strains your neck in 2nd and third :)

Hello, I would probably take your induction kit off first because your be getting some heat soak from that, standard air box with a velocity stack fitted is much better in terms of performance, and then maybe some HFC and an uprev remap :teeth: The 350z is a pretty fast car, you guys are a quite an overly modest lot, which I have to say is better than the other way round and pretending you own a 911 :lol: but all joke aside, I kept up quite easily with my friends 135i 3l turbo which is running around 305bhp- in my old DE with 80,000 on the clock.

All the best with your new 350z, there great cars! :)

• Like 1

Well Said tom, Im a new owner and my 350z feels only a little slower than my M3 E46, Its a Far better car to drive than the M3 and yes off the lights you have to be bruttle But driving about it goes very very well, Mine is 100% standard, Full history and 55 K on the clock Only mods im considering Is K/N Panel Filter and a Plenum to let her breath,

Well Said tom, Im a new owner and my 350z feels only a little slower than my M3 E46, Its a Far better car to drive than the M3 and yes off the lights you have to be bruttle But driving about it goes very very well, Mine is 100% standard, Full history and 55 K on the clock Only mods im considering Is K/N Panel Filter and a Plenum to let her breath,

You will need the uprev to make the mods actually have an impact on performance, if you haven't had it done already.

I had a bit of trouble getting past an Audi A3 oil burner the other day 😕

I used to hammer A3 and A4 petrol or Diesel in my Fiesta ST150, until you got to S Line variants.

No offence, but your car must be broken or you're a terrible driver if you're struggling in a Z.

I had a bit of trouble getting past an Audi A3 oil burner the other day 😕

I used to hammer A3 and A4 petrol or Diesel in my Fiesta ST150, until you got to S Line variants.

No offence, but your car must be broken or you're a terrible driver if you're struggling in a Z.

Fiesta ST's are rapid though! Like the Astra vxr's!!

In all seriousness this particular Audi had obviously had some bits done as there was so much soot coming from it!