Find him and make him pay out the £9k

coldel

So many times car owners have to take on huge repair bills, these idiots who clearly do this out of malice should be found and forced to pay back the bill and more http://news.sky.com/story/1537196/search-for-man-who-keyed-aston-martin-on-cctv

The more we see news stories of deliberate vandalism like this and people getting (hopefully) caught the more of a deterrent it will be

The guy who did this must be bricking it. Caught on camera, so banged to rights guilty. Also, when (not if) they find him, it may be his employer disciplines / sacks him.

Thirdly, he's clearly walking a baby in the stroller, so there's a family involvement somewhere. What do you think is going to happen to that relationship after this?

So all in all, he's screwed up his immediate future and possibly for much longer, for a stupid act taking less than 15 seconds, it's rather sad. People's lack of judgement never ceases to amaze me. The car will get repaired, so what exactly was he hoping to achieve?

No sympathy for him, just empathy for those around him.

Edited by Bockaaarck
  • Like 1

I am just astonished at peoples mentality, clearly he needs some psychiatric help. Even when I was a pauper student I didnt look at other peoples cars and go 'oh thats not fair, here take this' I just cannot for the life of me understand why people do this. Also, that I don't think they really understand just how expensive it is to fix.

Actually makes me think of getting a cam installed.

I just don't understand how a car, can posses a grown man to key it. I mean, how old is he for Christ's sake? All for we know the driver may have pi**ed him off somehow like almost running him down in the car park, but still, not the thing to do! Yes, utter scum!

I am just astonished at peoples mentality, clearly he needs some psychiatric help. Even when I was a pauper student I didnt look at other peoples cars and go 'oh thats not fair, here take this' I just cannot for the life of me understand why people do this. Also, that I don't think they really understand just how expensive it is to fix.

Actually makes me think of getting a cam installed.

I'm thinking of getting a camera. Been looking at the new Nest cam as it seems pretty easy to set up and it will alert you of any movement direct to your smart phone. Will have it pointing out of my bedroom window looking over the drive.

Edited by jimboy2

Now, we just need the justice system to deliver justice (I know, its a big wish but hey)...no 4 week jail term suspended for 2 years, no 100 hours community service. 1 month in the slammer with a commitment to pay back the money.

Wish I had the luxury of a drive...mine is parked out on the road!

Mine too. One of the reasons I bought the car cover was to (hopefully) reduce the risk of something like this happening. It does seem to make the car less conspicuous - most people just walk right past whereas when the cover is off it's a different story (although thankfully only positive attention so far).

Don't get this jealous type of mentality - there's tons of things I can't afford, including a lot if cars that are and probably always will be well beyond my means, but I never get the urge to damage em!

48 years old. Time to grow up maybe......

• Like 1

I do not even start to understand why anyone would do this.

At what point do you just think- Oh wait I will just damage this car as I walk by ? !!

Not exactly good parenting if these are the things that are taught.