Find him and make him pay out the £9k

coldel

Probably pointless making him pay much in the way of damages, as I doubt he's got the money in the first place. The repairs would've been covered by insurance anyway.

As the insurance will have already paid out, it would be up to the insurance company to try and get that money back, the criminal court case would be a seperate matter so wouldn't include the £8k.

Probably pointless making him pay much in the way of damages, as I doubt he's got the money in the first place. The repairs would've been covered by insurance anyway.

= The repairs would've been covered by increases in all our insurance premiums to cover the insurance companies vast profits. :angry:

• Like 1

Had 5 panels of my car keyed the other night, that's on top of 2 people driving into me whilst parked up overnight. All 3 incidents occurred with 6 weeks of each other.

Currently waiting for Blackvue to send me a dashcam. On a side note Blackvues customer service is terrible!

Had 5 panels of my car keyed the other night, that's on top of 2 people driving into me whilst parked up overnight. All 3 incidents occurred with 6 weeks of each other.

Currently waiting for Blackvue to send me a dashcam. On a side note Blackvues customer service is terrible!

off topic but terrible to hear... not much to say tbh! just sh!te

As the insurance will have already paid out, it would be up to the insurance company to try and get that money back, the criminal court case would be a seperate matter so wouldn't include the £8k.

Hmmm, I see where you're going but I'm not so sure they would have. The insurer would not be able to claim from the vandal as he did not do anything to them directly, so they do not have any cause for damages. It was a business risk, nothing more.

I'm trying to think of a more general example than this, but I'm struggling tbh. Yob throws a brick through your window, you claim on the insurance, yob goes to court, insurance doesn't go after yob for damages.

Floydbax is more on the money, I think.

Hmmm, I see where you're going but I'm not so sure they would have. The insurer would not be able to claim from the vandal as he did not do anything to them directly, so they do not have any cause for damages. It was a business risk, nothing more.

They have caused the company a loss, so they can try and get the money back if they think it's worth the effort, it's called subrogation.