Keysers Radical Rebuild (Coming Soon)

Keyser

Good afternoon everyone :wave:

Ever since I became the proud owner of my Radica SR3 track toy I have been doing a search on eBay every week or so for -

Hayabusa, Hayabusa Turbo or Hayabusa spares or repairs hoping that eventually I would find a deal that would make the option to add a turbo to her a realistic idea :thumbs:

The other thing I had to bear in mind is I am seriously considering doing some hill climb and sprint events with the aid of my mentor in that department Andy James.

Now Andy did point out that if I turbo my current engine a 1.5l then I would go up a class due to the turbo uplift but if I turbo a standard 1340cc Busa I would stay in the same group.

Keeping all that in mind and add it to the fact that when I got the Radical it was not A1 (I couldn't afford it if it was :scare: ) I had planned to run her for a season or 2 and then a rebuild and probably a colour change. There is nothing badly wrong with her just needs some TLC and some tidying up. She has a few scratches and battle scars and the electrics are suffering both from various modifications over the years as well as some water damage.

In my usual way I set about searching for parts I already have some spare wheels and a few other minor bits including the already fitted LED indicators.

Anyway my eBay searches have paid off and the turbo dream is a little closer, earlier today I collected this little lot -

E2_zpsjbtie00x.jpg

E3_zpsxgwqufqv.jpg

E1_zpseyvk1lfk.jpg

t4_zpsw2rsvwyh.jpg

t2_zpsnfrtoc7i.jpg

t3_zpse79jay2f.jpg

The engine - originally designed for a Hayabusa drag bike aiming at 700HP :scare: has never been run just built ready.

Engine Spec -

SUZUKI HAYABUSA GEN 1 TURBO ENGINE

TOTAL REBUILD USING ALL NEW PARTS -

1 INCH BILLET FLAT SUMP

SWINGING OIL PICK UP AND ANTI SURGE BAFFLE

BILLET UP RATED OIL PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE

UP RATED OIL PUMP DRIVE GEAR

BILLET OIL FILTER , WITH REMOVABLE INNER GAUZE

BRAND NEW GEN 2 1340 CRANK SHAFT, LIGHTENED AND FULLY RACE BALANCED (BALANCE GEAR REMOVED)

CARRILO CONRODS

J E TURBO PISTONS (9.5:1)

TOOL STEEL PINS

BRAND NEW GEN 2 BIG END AND MAIN BEARINGS

HEAVY DUTY CYLINDER STUDS AND NUTS

HEAVY DUTY CRANKCASE STUDS AND NUTS

RUNNING A 26 TOOTH FLYWHEEL

APE HEAVY DUTY ROLLER CAM CHAIN CONVERSION WITH ADJUSTABLE CAM SPROCKETS

CRANE TURBO CAM SHAFTS

60LB UP-RATED VALVE SPRINGS 1mm OVER SIZED STAINLESS STEEL INLET AND EXHAUST VALVES MANUAL CAM CHAIN TENSIONER

CYLINDER HEAD PORTED AND FLOWED

UP-RATED 5TH AND 6TH GEARS

TOOL STEEL SHIFT SHAFTS

HEAVY DUTY SHIFT STAR DETENT

KOSMAN OUTRIGGER /BEARING SUPPORT

POLISHED BILLET GENERATOR COVER

2 STAGE LOCK UP CLUTCH

BILLET LOCK UP CLUTCH COVER

BILLET STARTER GEAR COVER

HIGH FLOW BREATHER COVER .

EMTES OIL RECOVERY PUMP FOR DRAINING TURBO .

:teeth::D;):lol:

Turbo -

Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo kit.

GARRETT ROLLER BEARING TURBO T04Z

TWIN TIAL WASTE GATES

50MM TIAL DUMP VALVE

BILLET PLENUM WITH INTER-COOLER BUILT IN

This is not the turbo that was going on the engine (that was much bigger) this one is better for my application and should be better at the lower and mid-range rpm, theoretical max HP from the pair is around 600HP but I am aiming for a much more modest 350 - 400 which should give me somewhere in the region of 700BHP per ton in the finished car

That should be errrr Lively :lol:

So that's the teaser trailer you just need me to finish the new garage build and get Wasso's V8 Build palmed off on somebody ;) and I'll be ready to start.

Watch This Space ......................................................

• Like 11

Sean at Big CC is the man, if your stuck on anything he will have it in stock, if your motor is 1340 it's a facelift model 08 onwards, originals are 1298 :thumbs:

This is a bit of a cross breed - Gen 1 engine but with gen 2 1340 crank and fly, this is because the Gen 2 crank is both stronger and runs the 26 tooth fly wheel which makes it much better for timing with fuel injection against the 8 tooth Gen 1 flywheel :thumbs:

Funny you should mention Sean as this engine was built by Malcolm you may know him as well, he has had quite a few bikes in Street Fighter etc and he used to work at Big CC :)

Now runs his own bike shop down in Eastbourne :)

• Like 1

I'll watch your build instead then :snack:

:lol:

Funny you should say that as we are now in the same boat I got the engine as it came up now but it is already under a blanket in the storage locker I couldn't put it in my garage as Suzi is stuck in there :p

Don't worry though as soon as the new garage is built if you haven't got bored and sold her Suzi has first dibs for work. Of course if your following my garage build you will be aware that due to a mains sewer crossing the back garden we have made absoultley no progerss for the last 2 weeks and nothing booked for this week so currently running a month behind :(

Still hoping to get in there for the winter though and with my new heater I'll be happy to tinker on your build through the cold and wet season.

• Like 1

This is not the turbo that was going on the engine (that was much bigger) this one is better for my application and should be better at the lower and mid-range rpm, theoretical max HP from the pair is around 600HP but I am aiming for a much more modest 350 - 400 which should give me somewhere in the region of 700BHP per ton in the finished car

And I bet you still can't keep up. :p

• Like 1

And I bet you still can't keep up. :p

:lol:

Your thinking to many cars back - when we had a play at Bedford I was in the MNR - this is the Radical that Andy James struggles to stay ahead off and can't keep up with when it gets in front - that's the real reason I want a Turbo so I can pass him on the straights as well as the bends :lol:

EDIT: Just thought about that - was it the MNR or the Radical I did the Vid of you in?

To many cars and to many track days, On the last one (Radical) DarrenB and Ekona were there - Darren spun in the wet ;)

Edited by Keyser