Mercedes C55 AMG

Bockaaarck

I realised I hadn't put up any pics of this since I bought it a couple of months ago, for anyone who's interested in having a look.

It wasn't really something I was looking to buy to be honest. I was browsing a few car sites, as I guess most of us do, in particular Pistonheads. I came across a carpool article written by a guy who had an estate version of the C55. It sounded like a really decent car, fairly rare and just a little different.

So I did a quick search just out of interest to see whether there were any out there, just to be nosey. Crazily, a garage 6 miles from me had one, so I thought I would go and have a nose at it, just for interest really. So I got there and had a look, 2006, full MB history, just over 60,000 miles, Obsidian black, really very tidy indeed. A local car, owned by someone just 15 miles away, who'd very much looked after it. Best of all, the hand built 5.4 litre V8 under the bonnet. I organised a test drive for the following Tuesday and had a think for a couple of days.

Test drive day comes along and I get a chance to really get a sample of the car. It is very well engineered ergonomically, the buttons are where they should be. The driving position is great and the seats are very comfortable, great cruising material. So of we go head out for a half hour drive. Its nice, very nice, for a saloon car its easy to position and place. It holds the road well and inspires confidence, a solid reassuring presence when driving 'day to day', very nice. We manage to find a couple of clear roads and make a bit of progress (up to the designated speed limit). As soon as I hit the 'Moo Pedal', she launches forward, no noticeable delay, not even a hunkering down of the the suspension, she just goes.....and goes......and goes........I quite like this :)

Now I didn't go there intending to buy it, it was just to take a look. However as soon as I saw it, saw the condition and the service history, the mileage and the price, I was tempted. Certainly once I'd had the test drive I thought "this is too much car to let slip...I need to buy this". So when i got back to the garage I said to the owner, what can you do on the price?. We agreed a figure, paid a deposit and then a few days later, I transferred the funds to him and paid for the car.

He told me once I put the deposit down that some other guy had phoned up the morning of my test drive wanting to drive / put a deposit on the car. He'd told him he had a test drive booked and he wouldn't deal with him until I'd had a drive and let him know what I thought. He told me he'd had 3 or 4 other people look at the car and arrange test drives for later in the week also. So it certainly seems there was some keen interest in the car, and I'm not surprised.

Its not a supercharged V8, so only has the 367bhp, but that's plenty for the moment. I may pop a kleeman supercharger and headers on it at some point, but that's expensive. It really is a pleasure to drive, 0-60 is officially the 5 second mark, but I know it will get there in 4.7-ish. That makes it plenty quick enough for me for the moment. So for a car I never intended to buy, I'm very happy with it. I'm impressed with the AMG quality, the engineering is superb, the finish is fantastic. The subtle growl as you pop your foot on the moo pedal is intoxicating. So many Mercs seem to have AMG styling these days its sometimes difficult to know what is and isn't an AMG, rather than AMG styled. I like the fact that it just looks like an ordinary C class. It's a little bit of a Q car in its own way. It's also nice to know that if anyone asks who built my engine, I can tell them. Thanks Torsten Wesel, you've done a grand job.

The%20Beasts.jpg

C55%20Front%20Pic%201.jpg

C55%20Rear%20Pic%201.jpg

C55%20Rear%20Pic%202.jpg

C55%20Driver%20Inside%20Pic.jpg

C55%20Driver%20Inside%20Pic%202.jpg

Beast%20Engine.jpg

Torsten%20Wezel.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice, looks the part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky to find one in such good condition really. It's a great car, just solid and well made. Makes you feel like you're getting what you pay for.

They only made 4600 of this model worldwide. There are only about 130 in the UK, and some of those will be the estate version. I didn't appreciate how rare it is when I bought it.

I also like the fact it has paddles on the steering wheel for when I want to drive a bit more manual. Very happy with it so far

Edited by Bockaaarck
  • Like 1

Nice Struan :thumbs:

Should keep you out of trouble for a bit :)

I hope so Steve, I'm trying to be really good at the moment.

I need to get the Zed tidied up over the next few months. Get the wheel arch liners done, get the oil gallery gaskets changed, get the clutch / flywheel sorted and should probably get a partial re-spray done too.

The AMG won't get used as a daily, I'd like to keep it as tidy and sorted as possible. I've been very, very tempted by a couple of other cars recently, but I'm desperately trying to resist!

Theres one of these being worked on round where i keep my car, its got a huge nos bottle in the boot too lmao!

:lol: they must really keen on 'making progress' or a nutter :lol:

Must be! surely stock they have enough power lol, the guy who's goign to be rebuilding my engine is currently rebuilding the block and SC!

Theres one of these being worked on round where i keep my car, its got a huge nos bottle in the boot too lmao!

:lol: they must really keen on 'making progress' or a nutter :lol:

Must be! surely stock they have enough power lol, the guy who's goign to be rebuilding my engine is currently rebuilding the block and SC!

Kleemen do a great SC kit for the C55, which boosts the power a fair bit. It is bloody expensive but it does sound terrific! From about 1.00 in this video in particular, the SC sounds fantastic

• Like 1