Ex top gear presenters sign for Amazon prime

neo

ditch the SIARPC (unless its someone who can actually drive - the F1 drivers are fine) and scrap the heavily scripted forced humour bits, then carry on as before :thumbs:

actually, with budgets going up, change the reasonably priced car for something with a bit more... bite. I suggest the new mustang, that's actually very reasonably priced!

Edited by brillomaster

They already use automated processes to deliver goods, makes sense to follow the same principle for their TV content

10 SAY SOMETHING EDGY

20 LAUGH IN UNISON

30 EXECUTE CARAVAN ROUTINE 3 WITH FIRE

40 LAUGH IN UNISON

50 GOTO 10

:lol:

Hopefully they'll get more freedom and escape all the faff that comes from being seen as an extension of the BBC, and all the faux moral outrage that comes hand in hand with that. More like The Smoking Tyre podcast, less like old Top Gear.

They already use automated processes to deliver goods, makes sense to follow the same principle for their TV content

10 SAY SOMETHING EDGY

20 LAUGH IN UNISON

30 EXECUTE CARAVAN ROUTINE 3 WITH FIRE

40 LAUGH IN UNISON

50 GOTO 10

:lol:

Hopefully they'll get more freedom and escape all the faff that comes from being seen as an extension of the BBC, and all the faux moral outrage that comes hand in hand with that. More like The Smoking Tyre podcast, less like old Top Gear.

or more of a road kill vibe would be good

I thought Amazon Prime was just fast delivery, had a quick look on the site and can now see they do movies etc and some shows - all looks very much the same lineup as Netflix which I already have (and have on Apple TV). Will be interesting to see how it does on its restricted audience vs Top Gear going out nationally.

It'll make a huge amount of money for the three of them, and a lot of money for Amazon in the first year with people signing up for Prime to watch it. Come year two no-one will give a toss, and Amazon will end up selling the rights to various terrestrial TV stations to recoup their monies I suspect.