Mustang 5.0 GT Ruby Red Performance Pack.

The G Man

Do we think this could be a sensible family car option? ;)

No mate, room for two kids in the back no probs, you can fit adults in, but it wouldn't make for a comfortable long journey probably. My Mrs sat in the back when we test drove one, she's 5' 6" or so, said she felt the headroom was a bit cramped.

Best thing so far that struck me, apart from all the obvious, was the lack of tyre roar/ road noise, the 370 wasn't kind in that department, there wasn't a lot of room in the 70 for rear passengers either :lol:

Ah I see, had no idea where you were based. I have to admit I was very impressed with the look of the 'stang. Prettier in the metal than photos and it is hardly un-photogenic anyway. Nice purchase, have to admit have always fancied a mustang but funds for me definitely don't allow. Maybe when prices come down a few years down the line. Do we think this could be a sensible family car option? ;)

It has a huge boot and relatively large rear seats so yeah, why not ;)

The boot is large, but it's a relatively narrow opening, now it's been a few years since we required to put a baby buggy in the boot, but these modern bulky ones would be a grizz IMO.

To be fair, it took a good few hours for me to get irritated by the noise, I loved both my 70's, with a passion buddy, but, it was time to move on and I believe, I've bought the best bang for buck new vehicle out there ATM.

Anyway, I'll get more pics up as soon as the monsoon season is over here in not so sunny Scotland :lol:

I am planning on fitting a booster seat in the back for my granddaughter, just need to find a cool, functional, safe one, she's nearly 4 and loves to go everywhere grandpa goes :), that was one factor for moving on from my Nismo. The dogs can go in the boot!!

Edited by The G Man

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the FRPP by Borla exhaust on Tuesday, epic, just epic :)

Waiting for a couple of front camber bolts then the FRPP Track Pack goes on with a bit of a bespoke 'fast road' geometry set up, done by a trusted expert company ;)

First impressions? I've not done enough miles to give a decent review, however, the torque and road manners are a revelation. I caught a flight yesterday from GLA to EMA for a meeting today, back this evening and I was so looking forward to driving home. The rubbernecking, the window drops, the slowing down to allow me to pass was very complimentary. There was a number of 'performance' car owners, very obviously, hovering around on the motorway having a look.

I get the feeling, that some of them, regret paying their over inflated BMW/Porsche/Audi prices when they could have had an icon for, sometimes half the price, that may just be in my head, but it's a strong feeling :lol:

The Nismo was a grrrr go get them, attack every apex, get it growling and angry type drive, that is great and not a bad GT cruiser. The Mustang is a, Ray Bans on, settle back into the totally lush, sofa type seat, cruise, then, on occasion you can unleash a complete and utter animal!!

For those that have had the 5 minute or whatever test drive, restricted by what the sales dude allows, or just had a look inside one (it has so much more to offer from all the menus available, that isn't and can't be seen on just a look) and came to the conclusion nah, it's sh1t, you are a bit wrong.

The mods to this car don't have to or need to be done, the past couple of weeks driving it stock is awesome enough, but, as Ford and many, many others have commented on and know, the Mustang is produced as a base, they know you are going to mod the f*ck out of it, this is why Ford have Ford Racing producing stuff and Roush and Shelby working hand in hand with them. Once you get that, you get the Mustang, this has been the case for 50 years now ;)

• Like 2

I get the feeling, that some of them, regret paying their over inflated BMW/Porsche/Audi prices when they could have had an icon for, sometimes half the price, that may just be in my head, but it's a strong feeling :lol:

:lol:

That's a left hander, for almost UK money. No wonder it's been on sale for months.

There are a couple of cars arriving in May as cancelled orders so go get one :3

Needs darker wheels and IMO would look even more fantastic :)

Unfortunately he got the "Custom pack" which is why the wheels and window trim are silver/chrome, shame really as they look very aggressive in black - but it's not my car so I'm glad OP got what he wanted :) Still insanely jealous, over a year away from placing my order still -.-

• Like 1

Needs darker wheels and IMO would look even more fantastic :)

Unfortunately he got the "Custom pack" which is why the wheels and window trim are silver/chrome, shame really as they look very aggressive in black - but it's not my car so I'm glad OP got what he wanted :) Still insanely jealous, over a year away from placing my order still -.-

Not unfortunate mate, it's what I chose :).

I don't mind darker wheels, the Nismo wheels were a lovely colour, not too dark. Black wheels is something I've never been keen on. It's an individual thing :thumbs: I will be adding the odd, darker accent soonish ;) and getting the plastic splitter, sills and rear diffuser painted, just matte black nothing too abnormal.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the Track Pack on, just waiting on some front camber bolts at the mo :)

The convertible, if you were to get another one, is a stunner with the roof down, just get one will, it's a no brainier for the money :thumbs:, and, next year for 2017 registered cars, the VED is cheaper :)

• Like 1

That's is a real looker ,can't wait to see it with the suspension on , as I think it will look 100x better once lowered a tad :)

Absolutely, the FRPP Track Pack takes it down an inch or so, having a couple of other bits fitted to suit the pack and a 'fast road' geometry set up, sway bars set to the softest to start with :thumbs:

I really like that colour ........ but dark wheels for the total win :stir::teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Lustre Nickel is this seasons new black :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Update on some additions, FRPP Track Suspension, 23MM rear, 25mm front spacers, Big Worm Graphics Super Snake stripe and side GT Stripe, Diode Dynamic LED Rear Side Marker Lights, Steeda Bonnet Struts all fitted in the last couple of days.

Geometry done by Automek, full fast road set up.

Some pics :)

Before

image_zpsdvja5xun.jpeg

After

image.jpg8_zpslreplq7n.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsnz7zxux1.jpg

image.jpg16_zpstlwzlbaz.jpg

image.jpg9_zps612pvk3h.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsvgji1h0v.jpg

image_zpsgyjydi0e.jpeg

image_zps2qsoeyep.jpeg

• Like 6