So I quite fancy a private plate

Tomb

I know some people don't see the point but I really fancy one and to celebrate my new job I think I may treat myself to one.

My surname is Butcher so I'd like it to be based round that but I'm really struggling to find anything decent.

All I seem to get is sausage and other meat related number plates haha. I've tried the dvla site but no joy .. Any tips?

Tom.

Edited by Tomb

Haha that is real nice. I was looking for a shorter plate though and potentially one I could keep even if the Z goes (not that it ever will)

Perfect plate would be something like B7 CHR .. My surname minus the vowels.

That TB04 ZZZ is really tempting.

There's a lot that DVLA haven't released yet. I enquired about mine and they said they would put in a forthcoming auction as it hadn't been released. They wrote and informed me of the auction the number was being advertised at. All that was left was to turn up and be the highest bidder. :)

Never been a fan of plates with initials. All that money for something boring. Especially the newer style longer plates

I prefer plates that spell something out or where you've been a bit creative with it. Most people would think B7CHR isn't great but I prefer that to your initials

Keep your eye on the dvla auctions

I know loads of people who think PP look a bit naff and Chavy. Personally, I think they look alright. I've got one on the Scooby. My initials are on the Pug. It's only the zed that has a regular plate & have definitely thought about changing it. Someone saw a Lambo with reg 4321 GO the other day.....pretty cool. If you find a good one that means something to you, go for it 😛

Shorter plate definitely looks better. I initially bought this cos I had an old sports bike and the personalised plate hid it's age. It's meant to read "beat you". I'll be honest as the years go on it makes less sense and when the Z makes way for a family waggon i'm not gonna be beating anyone... Sad times

0eb7a764364471a02d29ba95d3e5fe5e.jpg

93220f372a6d5239300a3cb81be94b46.jpg

26103646fffe513eee45cdd60677c8d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember it's a personalised number plate and it personal to you.

I mean mine is J20 GLA to others it maybe means nothing but to me it's my name (Jeff Glass) and I got it for my 20th birthday

+ 1 mine is a random letter a single number which people always ask what is stands for ,followed by my intials which was a 21st birthday present many moons ago from my parents so it's very personal to me.

Edited by SHEZZA

I'm in the same boat actually been looking and for me it's between ED05 ZZZ ED05 ZED and SE05 ZZZ .... my nickname is ed and my real name is shaun edwards and 05 is the latest number i can go up to but im born in may so it means something which one looks best you guys think? I know its purely preference, and if you think all 3 look @*!# sound :dry::lol: