My supercharged Zeds replacement...

GMballistic

I had an EP3 2 years back. Loved it.

Looks a really tidy motor, I really like the colour

The colours "Milano Red".

My last EP3 was the same colour although not quite as vibrant as it was a bit older so had faded slightly.

Thanks for the nice comment Alex. :thumbs:

I used to have a 2003 30th Anniversary Edition CTR so pretty much had everything Honda could throw at the EP3 but yet still pretty basic in terms of modern technology. It was the most reliable car I ever owned though & still is. The Zed was second. :)

If Honda had done somthing around 300bhp mark 3 year ago I wouldn't of looked anywhere else love them reliability is just awsome

I wish this new one was around when I got the z ..but then I supose that will always be the case

Seems a bit surreal and unnerving seeing you with this, as we're all used to you speaking about and seeing your zed.

Will need time to adjust ha ha! :headhurt:

Ahh well, at least its a Jap with a great VTEC motor, so good choice. :thumbs:

I was looking at S2000's before I bought the zed, but heard you had to keep the revs on the boil to get anywhere, so basically you'd be screaming around all over the show. Don't know how true this is though.

• Like 1

Seems a bit surreal and unnerving seeing you with this, as we're all used to you speaking about and seeing your zed.

I was looking at S2000's before I bought the zed, but heard you had to keep the revs on the boil to get anywhere, so basically you'd be screaming around all over the show. Don't know how true this is though.

About right.. I've got a mate with one tho and when your in the twistys you can't shake him much more nimble than the z

I was looking at S2000's before I bought the zed, but heard you had to keep the revs on the boil to get anywhere, so basically you'd be screaming around all over the show.

You make it sound like a bad thing!

• Like 2

You'll get over it I'm sure. :)

So glad I stayed with a Japanese car in the end though, especially one with VTEC, ...I almost went for a German motor like so many have. :scare::D

In the end though it came down to money (running costs/initial layout etc) and this was the more sensible option. :blush:

Did you take a look? I viewed a black 09 ctr today with less than 30k miles on it and sure enough it had what looked like a line of dirt just above the windscreen rubber and the paint was just starting to wrinkle in places. The dirt of course was surface rust starting. Also took it round some lanes then a dual carriage way, I was surprised at how gutless it felt bellow 5k revs but expected it to take off after that. Well, you could feel I bit of a kick with the vtec but not quite what I had expected considering what a big deal the fan boys make about it. All in all I thought it was ok but a little underwhelming. To be honest, I think I'm just not interested in them much as I had my heart set on a zed and just can't seem to find the perfect one.

Did you take a look? I viewed a black 09 ctr today with less than 30k miles on it and sure enough it had what looked like a line of dirt just above the windscreen rubber and the paint was just starting to wrinkle in places. The dirt of course was surface rust starting. Also took it round some lanes then a dual carriage way, I was surprised at how gutless it felt bellow 5k revs but expected it to take off after that. Well, you could feel I bit of a kick with the vtec but not quite what I had expected considering what a big deal the fan boys make about it. All in all I thought it was ok but a little underwhelming. To be honest, I think I'm just not interested in them much as I had my heart set on a zed and just can't seem to find the perfect one.

Yes had a look and mine looks fine thanks.

Depends what you're used to as well I guess. Compared to the Zed I find the CTR obviously slower, less powerful and with less torque but it doesn't mean it's a bad car just different that's all.

If you keep any VTEC equipped car high in the rpm range they can be very fast paced cars and more than capable of putting some big grins on any drivers face imo.

If your hearts not in it then keep looking for the right Zed as there is no point getting a car you're not really going to enjoy. :thumbs:

Very tidy looking motor, I need a change bored of the zed now.

Thanks. :)

If that's true then you could do a lot worse than a Honda. Worth considering imo. :thumbs:

However if the zed was charged or turbo"d it would be a different story.

Very tidy looking motor, I need a change bored of the zed now.

Thanks. :)

If that's true then you could do a lot worse than a Honda. Worth considering imo. :thumbs:

However if the zed was charged or turbo"d it would be a different story.

Yes but that isn't cheap to do unfortunately. ;)

Looks like a tidy car bud, like others have said I'm still in shock that you got rid of the zed, although I do understand!!

Good luck with the house etc and if you get really zed sick you can always revisit my build thread :lol: no where near as epic as yours but still pretty ;)

• Like 1

Looks like a tidy car bud, like others have said I'm still in shock that you got rid of the zed, although I do understand!!

Good luck with the house etc and if you get really zed sick you can always revisit my build thread :lol: no where near as epic as yours but still pretty ;)

Thanks Lyndzzz. :)

Cracking car for sprints and hillclimbs mate!

Probably the best car to have a go in the 2000cc class!

That's an idea Andy. :surrender:

Would definitely love to give that a try one day. :D

Whats the engine on this etc? I always get confused when people sell up to get a house etc. When I think of that, it means selling up and buying a £200 shed that costs £10 to run :lol:

It's a 2 Ltr engine Matt so still got some get up & go to keep me happy. :teeth:

I could never drive a £200 shed, ...love my performance cars too much.

The fact is that the insurance is half the cost per year that my Zed was, tyres are smaller so cheaper, it's more economical and it has more boot space which will be useful when moving our things & buying new furniture. ;)

• Like 2

Well I'm a huge Honda nut having owned an NSX an EP3 CTR and a DC2 teg. The FN2 scores highly for kit and that's unfortunately where it stops for me. I test drove one as a replacement for the EP3 and didn't like it. The rear suspension was a backward step over the EP3 and it had a habit of skipping about a little to much if the road got a little bumpy.

That said the kit and the pleasing noise from inside the cabin allied to a sturdier feel overall in build quality make it a very practical and still entertaining hatch. Basically if you drive with an 80s hatch mindset it's safe enough.Beats the EP3 in every other area though nice buy.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Well I'm a huge Honda nut having owned an NSX an EP3 CTR and a DC2 teg. The FN2 scores highly for kit and that's unfortunately where it stops for me. I test drove one as a replacement for the EP3 and didn't like it. The rear suspension was a backward step over the EP3 and it had a habit of skipping about a little to much if the road got a little bumpy.

That said the kit and the pleasing noise from inside the cabin allied to a sturdier feel overall in build quality make it a very practical and still entertaining hatch. Basically if you drive with an 80s hatch mindset it's safe enough.Beats the EP3 in every other area though nice buy.

Yep can't disagree with any of that although haven't driven the FN2 that hard yet or on any really bumpy roads so can't say I've felt the back end skipping at all.

Definitely not disappointed though that I went back to Honda again. Oh and very jealous of you having owned an NSX, ...that's on my "want list" for sure one day. :D

Nice car mate and glad you're happy with it :)

Not my cup of tea ... I preferred the older one , but you do get a lot of comforts with the one you have .

Thanks and it's nice to experience something different.

Also a lot more modern feeling with regards to extras like auto lights/wipers & interior than my old Zed was even though the age difference is minimal. ;)

Nice car mate and glad you're happy with it :)

Not my cup of tea ... I preferred the older one , but you do get a lot of comforts with the one you have .

although the new one looks a right giggle

Certainly is when you wind it up into the higher Rpm range & the high lift cams come into play. :teeth::thumbs:

Watch thoes Recaros for bolster sag..had a dc5 and my drivers seat bolster saged..

Mike K-g

Will do Mike. ;)

Hopefully they won't sag in my ownership though as I plan to just look after this car as good as possible before hopefully getting into something faster again in the future. :evil:

The one other thing about Honda ownership I loved was this, they never went wrong, I never needed to buy anything other than services tyres and brakes.

You need an NSX. Mine was an early 3.0 car in formula red, cost me a meagre 18k at the time and had 84k miles showing. To buy the car back now would probably cost me double that!

Family comes first and my daughter was born so it had to go.I loved it and although the interior was a sea of black by christ was it well made. Even on that mileage it felt brand new.

• Like 1