My supercharged Zeds replacement...

GMballistic

I should bloody well hope it beats cars that are 10 years older! :lol: I suspect that a lot of those cars will have been on road rubber, and IIRC the CTR was on PSC2s, which would make a massive difference. The removal of the AC, stereo and pax seat would help too, plus the installation of the roll cage... I'm guessing a standard car wouldn't get anywhere near that time, more like 8:10 to 8:20.

No accounting for driver knowledge and weather conditions either in comparisons, and in the older days the Ring time wasn't as important to marketing so they didn't always go to the nth degree.

That's not to say it's not still an impressive time though!

• Like 1

I should bloody well hope it beats cars that are 10 years older! :lol: I suspect that a lot of those cars will have been on road rubber, and IIRC the CTR was on PSC2s, which would make a massive difference. The removal of the AC, stereo and pax seat would help too, plus the installation of the roll cage... I'm guessing a standard car wouldn't get anywhere near that time, more like 8:10 to 8:20.

No accounting for driver knowledge and weather conditions either in comparisons, and in the older days the Ring time wasn't as important to marketing so they didn't always go to the nth degree.

That's not to say it's not still an impressive time though!

Oye Dan, not all of those cars were 10 years old. :dry::lol:

It beat a 2015 Seat Cupra Leon ST and a 2015 Renault Megane RS 275 Trophy-R both of which are in direct competition I'd imagine customer wise. It also beat a 2011 Jaguar XKR-S just to annoy SMD. :D

• Like 1

Sticky tyres again, even the mighty MPSS weren't out in 2011 :p:lol:

Offer me a 2015 CTR or a 2015 MX-5 and I'm still picking the Mazda. Fun > Speed.

Of those two I'd definitely have the 2015 CTR but some or the other cars the CTR beat on the ring it would be a much harder decision,

....like the '00 Porsche 911 Turbo, '02 Honda NSX Type R and some of the Ferrari's. :cloud9:;)