docwra
Members-
Posts
4,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by docwra
-
A mate of mine has just bought a 996 GT3 Clubsport. Im not jealous, promise.
-
Microsfot have stopped support for Small Business Server (or will shortly) so your best bet is looking at a virtual server IMO, thats where we are headed
-
The guy that owns Blyton is very tight on everything, absolutely no chance of any of this kind of dickery
-
Lets forget all this nonsense and laugh at the guy who not only is using an advertising slogan, but is using an advertising slogan from 13 years ago. I drove a mates Cayman at the weekend and it pi**ed all over the Zed in pretty much every respect, I drove a 200hp Mk1 Escort RS2000 last Weds and Id do some pretty bad things to have it. Doesnt mean I dont like my 350Z though, you are allowed to like more than one thing y'know
-
Loud click clack coming from engine please help
docwra replied to Michael robinson's topic in 350Z Technical
I dont think thats big ends or anything bottom end, it sounds like the top. Liking the bolt on the cam sprocket suggestions, fingers crossed thats all it is and I reckon you might be lucky as it sounds more like interference than a moving part gone wrong. Good luck, the only place I know near you is Skylinepart at Hexham and I dont even know if he gets on the spanners anymore, he would be able to diagnose though Id have thought, might be worth a call -
I still miss my brothers FQ320 and it wasnt even mine Im guessing we have a mutual friend in Mr Hayward, get him to start doing 350Z's will ya?
-
No, Ive not seen anything like that either - from the point they were weaving to heat up their tyres to the point where none of them are looking further than 5 feet past the front of their cars that was pretty despicable. Im all up for a bit of banter but that was like watching a load of drunks or something.
-
Cheapest Cayman out there is £14K for a Cat D .......... otherwise no contest
-
would you guys have sold this? And whot car for?
docwra replied to jonny jones's topic in Other Cars
I drove a Cayman S this weekend and reckon its one of the best things Ive ever driven, I cant believe a 370Z is better, likewise with the 1M - it costs a lot to start with but doesnt depreciate Fair play though, if you tried all those cars then I reckon youve got the right one -
C4S 996 is one of my favourite 911's, they are cracking cars. Unfortunately its not my all time favourite as I went for a rip in a brand new Cayman S this weekend. Oh. My. God.
-
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152516603469119 No idea if you can see that but thats non resonated with a decat and popcharger, its quite loud but bearable
-
My old Delta had overboost by way of a little switch under the accelerator pedal, so when you floored it you got another 2-3 PSI. Why you couldnt just have that all the time I never really worked out
-
Not in 350Z but 2nd row for widearch 350Z, row 6 for convertible Silvia (6 of the first 8 pictures for "convertible onevia")
-
I got rid of a load the other day just by offering them for free on DW - listed names and wear and they were gone in a couple of weeks
-
My old Gram Lights 57F Pro are for sale: Theyre 18x9 and 18x10 ET15 and I reckon he would take £1100 for them - Ive read they are the same weight as the Rays as well despite being wider and stronger Let me know if youre interested and Ill put you in touch with the guy selling
-
Exactly this, the garages have to pay to dispose so they should let you take them for free, if you tell them what they are for they might even fit them for you too. There was a time when Id go through every tyre pile I found, it doesnt take too long before you end up with an impressive stock
-
Yep, although Ive done it with different sizes across the axle its best to stick with the same each side. Other than that it doesnt matter, I used to get mine out of old tyre piles but these days theres usually a fitter selling and fitting partworns at the venue anyway Budget tyres are better as they are more consistent but TBF a waste of money if youre not competing
-
Yeah, unless you are running no standard wheels you shouldnt have a problem. Id add that while the fronts are pretty easy the rears are known for being deadly, if mine needed doing Id be straight on the blower to Archenemy
-
I know some on here disagree with this (Ekona ) but for me, two MPSS on the back is a shedload better than two budgets, regardless of what youre running up front. I ran for years on mismatched front and back tyres (and still was on one of my cars up till a week ago) and Ive not died yet
-
Ask yourself - have I heard of this tyre manufacturer before? If the answer is no, you know what to do Even when I was regularly killing rears on mine (like every 6 weeks) Id still buy at least a Falken or a Toyo
-
- 2
-
-
Interesting this has come up actually, Ive been asked out for a date by a couple of girls on Saturday and cant decide which to go for ........... the first one only wants a kebab while the second wants to go to a Michelin star place, but I reckon both are up for coming back to mine after Not that much of a difficult choice when you consider weight, cost and looks ............
-
And what he said backatcha, Ive done exactly the above
-
Generally speaking you get exactly what you pay for, in weight, looks, quality of manufacture and uniqueness of design - there are some exceptions (the 350Z Rays are a great example of something thats way cheaper than it should be) but most cheap wheels are heavy, ugly and will corrode quickly .......... you dont need that in your life The number of pieces doesnt really have a lot of effect on anything - in an ideal world you can re-barrel a 3 piece split rim to run wider tyres or a different offset, but in reality this is difficult and expensive. That said, most 3 piece wheels are good quality and therefore not cheap, its a fair indicator I suppose. Most wheels are cast, forging them makes them much stronger but TBF an average user wouldnt notice the difference (unless you happen to drive into kerbs at 80mph on the way to Le Mans 24H) so TBF while its nice to rock a 3 piece forged rim its by no means essential. I personally think that around £1K/1200 is about right for a decent set of Zed rims, maybe a bit more for perfection ........... dont make the mistake of buying cheap as you will only regret it when the car looks a bit gash
-
Yep, Im running 18s on front and 19s on the back, Ive had to unplug the VDC though as it doesnt like it much - 255/30/18 front and 275/35/19 on rear IIRC. It feels like it handles better than 18's all round, the front is very good for traction but it can be light at the back when braking, it tries to swap ends quite a lot I did it for aesthetics as much as anything, I might buy some cheap 18's for the rear as replacing the 19's every two trackdays is killing me though
-
Wow, thats got to be one of the best cars in the UK now. Much respect