docwra
Members-
Posts
4,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by docwra
-
X reg Mk1 Fiesta in white, before I had a license I used to drive it backwards and forwards up about 20ft of driveway and into the garage and then back out for ages on end. Nearly wrote it off by hitting a tractor and plough the day I passed my test, then knackered the suspension by repeatedly going backwards and forward over a local humpback bridge but she kept going until I sold her on for the same money I paid, result. Little did I know that due to crashing and blowing up everything I had subsequently I wouldnt actually sell another car for about 11 years afterwards
-
I supply guys to build LMP, F1, GT and various other race cars as well as making a lot of CF parts for Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes etc .............. but seeing as thats not what the thread is actually about Heres my old driftcar: It was an S13 with a forged SR20, GT2871R running just shy of 400hp, also had HKS suspension, Nismo diff, brakes, overfenders, adjustable arms, the lot along with about 30 odd wheels of various JDM origin. As you can see, function > form but it was a proper weapon, the way it took off on boost was insane Sold it off last year after driving it into a wall though, theres just not enough places in UK to regularly be able to drift in 4th gear, still miss it a bit but doing trackdays in the Zed is much easier and nearly as rewarding
-
Dude, call Rarerims - they are the official importer and know what they are on about.
-
OK, what does that mean? Would that explain why it all sounded fine when I drove it? Its pretty unlikely TBH, that said finding out a bottom end rattle is only heatshields is about the same as hearing your house has burned down and turning up to find out it was only a barbecue in next doors garden
-
What, tax free Guernsey? Wonder how they manage that ..........
-
Whats for? Pagid RS29's are awesome but a bit overkill for road use, for instance.
-
Matt, that was pretty decent mate, you got some skill there dude I used to drift a lot and got fairly decent at it, I never competed as I dont have the time (and Im a competitive bastard) but I reckon I could have held my own. The first thing to say is that you learn masses more on one driftday than you would in a year of street drifting, theres also a lot less to hit so hopefully you will come out in one piece. If youve got a car youre happy to use then Norfolk or Satan Pod are ideal, generally people will be around to give you a few pointers as well. Dont worry about whats going to break, just get out there and do it is my advice as some cars can go for days without having any issues, and as others have said the Z33 is a capable drift car out of the box. I find the Zed handbrake is @*!# (and handbrakes are cheating anyway ) so I use clutch kick or shift lock to initiate but realistically until you are a decent standard learning about car control is more important than selecting your initiation method. Something I would add is that Ive now stopped doing driftdays and just do grip, I found that I was faster than most of the drift days that were available although Lydden, Anglesey and Driftland are going some way to sorting that out. My experience has been that if you know what youre doing the marshalls dont mind a bit of drifty drifty and let you get away with it, it also teaches you a lot about weight and grip and youll be fast relative to others, in the wet experienced drifters are bloody quick EDIT: DONT STRIP THE CAR! If you are competing then every KG makes a difference but for dicking about, comfort and quietness are far more important. Mine still had full interior, ICE, floor mats and is a delight to drive both at the circuit but also to and from the circuit
-
Because you can put an older plate on a newer car, my Y plate 944 is an 87 car - E reg Got it the wrong way round, meant older, ignore me
-
Have fun, its an awesome circuit, you can really push through the back section and embarrass some considerably quicker cars
-
If your wheels are spinning then the clutch is disengaged, the smoke would have been from your tyres. Which is a good thing IMO.
-
Nismo what, 350 or 370? How old is it and where did you buy it? Are you getting lights flashing up or is it just not working right? And if you cant drive without burning a clutch, buy an automatic, its not that difficult really .......... Nissan Oxford are probably right though, worth getting it in and running it through the diagnostic software. EDIT: Probably a 370 in the 370 section I guess In that case, take it back to the dealer, its their problem, not yours.
-
Not being funny here, but how is it going to be newer than a Y reg ........... if its on a Y reg?
-
Strong dislike, looks like youre trying to cover damage up or something.
-
Who has owned a Hyundai coupe or a Toyota Celica before moving onto a zed?
docwra replied to ostego's topic in 350Z General
Good not actually answering the question skills here .......... -
My mate has a supercharged one which I drove at Spa, only thing that got close was a 991 GT3 race car (which was actually considerably quicker but y'know) Awesome little things, GLWS
-
Ouch. Any good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-1-2-16v-New-Genuine-Turbo-for-Clio-Modus-/370524644066
-
A new one would probably be cheaper mate .......... I dont know many people who have had anything other than custom turbots rebuilt.
-
New to the forum, not so new to the Zed scene..
docwra replied to G-girl.'s topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Blinding first post, this should be made into a template or something Why you sell your last one so quickly? -
Used to really enjoy it, havent gone for the last couple of years as stopped enjoying it so much after various organisational related issues. Its a static show so good for drinking though .........
-
Sounds a bit like the one we do with SXOC each year, I can certainly recommend Speedchills as well One thing I would mention is that you can get the price right down by sharing a car between a few - we had 5 lads turn up in a Chrylser Voyager last year, their fuel, camping and tunnel costs were pitifully small Let me know if theres anything I can help with guys
-
Or a 328 BMW, or a properly quick French hatchback, or an MX5/MR2 (both Jap, but both convertible too) or a 350hp 200SX (also jap but 3 times the torque), or an 03 CTR .......... and I reckon Id take all of them over an RX8 TBH.
-
Was on a trackday with a load of TVR's recently - they sound nice and are pretty quick in the straights but were mobile roadblocks everywhere else.
-
I know plenty of people who have lusted after a 911 since they knew what one was, Ive known at least 5 achieve it as well. Its a personal thing, but if a Gallardo or 355 are aims of yours one day I cant see why a 993 Turbo wouldnt be just as acceptable for someone else. No doubt theres a few fellers out there who dont find Scarlet Johansson particularly attractive, but that doesnt mean that the other 99% that would give up their right hand for 15 sweet minutes are wrong
-
Sorry to smash all these pairs of Nissan tinted glasses but its not just badges. In the main Nissan are a manufacturer of low to mid spec family cars, if you remove the 200SX and 300ZX they havent actually had a UK sports model since the 280ZX in 1983. Porsche have always been at the top end of the sportscar market since 1963 and along the way have one of the best motorsport pedigrees of any motor company ever, its only in the last few years theyve actually started making 4 seaters. The 911 turbo has been one of the fastest production cars in the world for the last 30 years and I definitely remember having a picture of one (and a 959) on my wall as a kid, I dont remember having a Gloria or Cedric there Dont get me wrong, the Z33, Z34 and R35 are all pretty awesome cars but they arent built anywhere near as well as Porsches, the interiors arent as well designed and for me at least, the Zeds dont come close to a Cayman in terms of poise, balance and control - I might even admit I prefer a more "muscle car" type of drive but the engineering thats gone into making a Cayman do what it does pisses all over the **** up that is the Z33, strut braces and extra bracing and all. The Porsche is also out of most peoples reach which makes it something to aspire to, if your dream is to own a Nissan one day you aint aiming high enough IMO Bottom line is that Porsche has made some of the best, if not the best sportcars for over 50 years, is renowned for its quality and engineering, has a competition pedigree thats second to none and has always been at the top end of the market. Nissan have made some bloody good cars recently but its going to be a long time before they are lusted after like the Pork is. Look at how they hold their money, that should tell you something
-
When I say by accident I mean " by accident while drifting", you arent going to do that without being somewhat deliberate about it