Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. Gatebil is pretty mad, as is SEMA TBF but Goodwood is the best in the UK. Sadly as per others I just find it too crowded these days, I wouldnt go unless I had hospitality tickets and even then Id probably only do Thursday and Friday, maybe Sat morning. Have fun though, first time I went was the week after Id watched Aston win GT1 at Le Mans and I got to meet a couple of the drivers and have a good chat, also had a really nice chat about the GT4 350Z with the guy who runs RJN, you arent going to get that at JAE
  2. Loving all the experts on here - whena single power run with a roller monkey is generally £50-60, does someone want to explain to me how a mapper can do 6-8 hours on the rollers for £400 including the uprev license? Jez has an exceptional reputation and a lot of experience with uprev (as do Abbey), this is the first time Ive heard anything but praise for either of them and Im kinda with Kyle here, its a bit more decent to speak to the guy you paid about your issues before you start ranting on the internet. Im guessing here but Id very surprised if what is effectively generic management for Nissan engines is anywhere near as difficult to set up as Omex or Haltech, particularly if youve done it 100's of times before - the last time my drift car was mapped we were there for 8 hours, but it was quite a long way from standard and was on VEMS.
  3. I have, its not too bad and is pretty good for getting hammered afterwards without having to worry about getting back to a taxi, theres a cracking atmosphere around the hotel in the evenings
  4. Shame to hear this, my brother has an ST2 and while they are proper good cars they arent anywhere near as much fun as the Zed is I reckon youll be back .........
  5. I dont tend to buy much at a time so the sliding is a big problem, Ive taken to putting stuff in with the spare wheel However we did manage to get tents, airbeds and everything else 3 guys needed for Le Mans into the back last week without too much trouble at all, its deceptive if you pack it right
  6. Its a much better event on the trade days Have fun
  7. If youre AAA, its a different ballgame mate Get down early and go have breakfast at the airport cafe, you can park there too and with any luck your pass should mean you can get one of the cars they lay on to take you to the VIP entrance. Have a look round the OE stuff, then go to the hospitality by the first bend and stay there drinking Pimms all day is my advice. Best place to watch the action and you meet some proper incredible people in there too Id advise a tour round the concours d'elegance and the "pits", Ive not ever been much further than that though I had the option to take tea with Lord March when I was last there but blew it out as I was loving the hill too much, youre going to have a blinder
×
×
  • Create New...