Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Its ok to use 95RON so long as you drive like a granny. Everything will be fine until about 5K RPM when the knock sensor decides not to play any more. So for when you are stuck dont be scared to use it, just drive it like a Diesel while you have it in and then make sure you get Super in there ASAP. Stickied as this is proper proof
  2. I've never put a CD in the 370z, always used a USB stick
  3. Our Giuli did about 50MPG average last time we were up at the Lakes IIRC
  4. +1. Personally I couldnt give a @*!# if the roof replacement cost was into the thousands. Why should you accept anything other than a perfect roof for what is essentially a brand new car? Do not let them try and fob you off. Its clearly not fit for purpose so needs replacing. You might have a fight on your hands but dont back down. No way in hell I would let them near a roof like that of mine and glue it thats for sure.
  5. Win7 took me 20mins to install (having it on USB stick makes it soooo much quicker) *nix variants are great if you like to dabble in things or want something very simple for web browsing, but dont think they are yet up there with Windows in terms of plug and play are they? Havent played with them for years, might download some live CDs (or whatever the USB stick term is for them now) and have a play.
  6. That was quite a common mod when I had my LFR.
  7. Wrapping my boot plastic which was slightly scrated with cheapy eBay "Salcantara" after being told (by someone who is no longer a member) it was UV stable. Took all of about a week to start fading and looked @*!#
  8. Dont see how that can be anything other than a new roof FoC tbh. Nothing you can do could have lead to it, you just open and close the door! I would want some kind of explaination as to how it wont happen again though
  9. Ultrabook with Windows 8 is where I'll be going. Some specialist software I need just doesnt work on Mac, and I CBA to install boot camp/dual boot etc when all I need will work on Windows. Windows 7 is so much better than any previous version its just crazy. I can see if you just use the Mac for browsing and basic office stuff, or hardcore music/video production, they are amazing, but for anything between it becomes a pain.
  10. Says ET25 on the ad. I'm with Ian, has the bolt been removed?
  11. I can turn VDC off at the push of a button, same place TCS on other models What you are pressing doesnt stop the brakes firing on the front wheels when the car thinks its understeering. The only way to stop that is to pull the ABS fuse Exactly
  12. I went back to our local dirt jumps with a mate a few years back, and f'me they've grown. When we used to jump them there was one big set of doubles which were about 5ft high, with various other smaller jumps. Now it looks a bit like that pic up the page with the smallest being 6ft Funnily enough we turned around and went for an XC ride
  13. My stomache turns at the smell of redbull these days, but after it calms down I do have fond memories of "VodBull" nights at Uni
  14. Whoop whoop! Our diggs for the week
  15. Different models just denotes what mounts it comes with. I think they have a "naked" which comes without mounts, theres "motorsport" which has mounts for the car, "outdoors" has helmet mounts and "surf" has a suction mount for the board.
  16. +1 - got to be at least 1 ACC switched live and earth to light up the button. Then maybe the other is a switched live (from the switch) to the connector. Although theres a few places in Zed wiring which are switched earths. So maybe thats why you have 2 earths? My guess is something has been removed, but the switch has been left behind
  17. +1 - got me thinking now
  18. Very tidy
  19. This. They are just blowing compressed air through it
  20. The throttle is not an on/off switch, you can press it gently and it will accelerate at a very gentle pace
  21. Time to claim some compensation from the Gas people
  22. Red Bull gives you wings, which means if you drive after drinking it, you have a flying car
  23. Obviously crashing hasnt made you learn your lesson then I once rear ended some stupid biddy who stopped in a feeder lane on a big rounderbout in Basingstoke. Punched a hole in the bumper of my mums Clio with her towball at about 10MPH. I now leave people a lot of room entering rounderbouts and feeder lanes.
  24. I'd suggest heading over to www.driftworks.com - plenty of people over there on the same wavelength that will be able to help you out properly. Honestly if you dont understand what turning the TCS, ABS/stability off does then please dont do it
×
×
  • Create New...