Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. So when do we get a "Time to say hello" in 370z General then Will?
  2. Where are you taking it for the tuning bud? Cant wait to see some vids
  3. Jay's Irish cousin?
  4. Congrats Col
  5. OBD port I think is only for power, so technically you could take a feed from an ACC power source instead.
  6. Very much doubt without driving them hard you managed to warp them. Sure its not DTV? Although one stop HARD when cold can kill discs I've been informed in the past. Like stopping from crusing on the motorway to a standstill very quickly if the discs arent warm.
  7. Chris`I

    Help

    So did I first time but then noticed he had put I hit the a pillar Hyphenation is a wonderful thing - it should be A-pillar
  8. Congrats on the purchase Will, you will always look back with fond memories of the '50, but the '70 is well worth the outlay as you know Ready when you are if you want a username tweak
  9. Hence my question too Tis a lovely car, especially in Black Rose
  10. No, the seller only had a 370
  11. Did they have a 350z roadster?
  12. A lot of 350z are getting to the age where they'll need bushes replacing now. If the handling is also a bit vague then that could well be it. I didnt realise my old 350z needed them doing until I got the 370z and realised how much tighter the handling felt.
  13. From what I remember they do But remember when they were new Super wasnt widely used by most, so I guess a lot of people assumed they just wanted you to use fancy petrol to get best performance, no one knew that the base map wouldnt handle 95RON very well
  14. Yes, those are indeed fillport lines. One loop for CPU, one loop for GPU Flash git In my day you were lucky to get anything so fancy. I had DangerDen blocks on my CPU/GPU, some hacked up rad and a pond pump to power it all The best I got from it was a Zalman water tower thing that I bolted to the back which made it all nearly fanless, it was very very quiet
  15. How come there is air in the system? Are they filling ports or something? When I used to run my old W/C'd PC it was running closed system so to me that seems a little odd
  16. Not really a question - more of a demand I get asked where we're going - and the answer is always "the scenic route!"
  17. The newer ECU maps actually pull out more ignition timing when using the low octane maps, so should be a bit safer, assuming the ECU does actually switch over. Most knackered pistons are due to knock or something going through the engine. That pic definately looks like knock damage. Going by what Mark has posted before, even the high det/low octane map doesnt pull enough timing for 95RON fuel above ~5kRPM. I'm sure there have been posts where he said he's had a car on the dyno not realising it had 95RON in until he heard all the det that was happening, and the car was in the high det map at the time. Nissan categorically state not to rev the car highly when you have 95RON in it. It is designed to get you to the next garage with Super at it. So can be safely driven slowly (low revs) but as soon as you rev it the high det map still wont save you. Thats what I've gleamed over the years from what people have posted from their observations
  18. The knock sensor only works up to 5kRPM in the 350z, so even on the high det map, its long been assumed the car can still kill itself if highly reved with 95RON in it. In fact I'm pretty sure Mark@Abbey had one on the dyno that was knocking like mad before he mapped it for 95RON. Thats why the owners manual says not to rev it above a certain amount of revs when you use 95RON in an emergency. I beleive it also states to get Super back in there ASAP.
  19. Strangley Wikipedia doesnt mention the JDM equivelant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
  20. There are a lot of functions that are highly integrated to the CAN bus on the 370z sat nav. So while I think you could probably make bits of it work, dont expect it to function anywhere near the same as a 370z or GTR. R35Lee sometimes has them kicking about, maybe he can do a deal with you to give it a go
  21. Nothing, depending on when said shed was built. The extra resistance to detonation of 97RON over 95RON would be wasted as the car would not run as high a compression. So the car would always fire the spark before the fuel to reach det prematurely. So unless it has higher compression and can alter ignition timing then its pointless. If it can use it then you'll get slightly higher MPG as the fuel is burnt more efficiently than 95RON.
  22. Pete - I dont think the different "RON" ratings are comparable though are they? I think 95RON in the US is equivelant to our 97RON and that is equivelant to 100RON in Japan?
  23. Looks good for short trips with one or two light bikes Wouldnt be taking it anywhere any big distance due to the fact the rossers will pull you for obsuring the numberplate and lights. You can fit a lightboard dead easy though, I did that in my old 350z. I also wouldnt want to put more than 2 light bikes on it due to where the weight is being put, plastic bumper after all.
  24. I'd imagine a lot of the MPG discrepancy is down to aero tbh.
×
×
  • Create New...