Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Exactly what I was thinking
  2. Raises the rev limiter a tad, so you can rev it a bit higher, but other than that it doesnt effect the sound. You might also be able to get them to tune in some pop/bangs on over run if you wanted.
  3. RO51 ZED is available too (although 90% of people out there will then think your car is just a 51 plate )
  4. Big engine and flywheel, its going to hold is momentum when out of gear. Saying that I never had a problem and always had to heel/toe to get the revs back up when changing down, so you must be changing faster than 0.5s or dropping multiple gears
  5. You guys should have said, I've not been doing a lot this arvo, could have popped down. Great weather for a bit of a drive Rosie looks great in the sun
  6. H7 will be the high beam, DR2 the HID. All the headlights are designed to take HID so get a ballast/bulb from ZMANALEX or R35LEE. They will be cheapest and best option
  7. The added benefit of CrashPlan is that you can backup to other places than just their "cloud", including other peoples computers. Looking at the possibility of a few mates who have NAS all backup up our stuff to each others drives. Backups are encrypted before sending so each person cant see the others backups contents. It sounds good just want to make sure it works before I kill Mozy. I do have other redundant backups of really important stuff (photos) around the house already so no chance of losing the data, just dont want to find there is a problem with CrashPlan after I've killed Mozy and have to reupload it all again
  8. My 350z went with 97k on the clock and my 370z is fast approaching 18k and hardly gets used. Dave needs to put more effort it
  9. Nah, someone else will break before I do, have other things to pay off first, like the wedding and the actual car
  10. Anyone using CrashPlan? ( http://www.crashplan.com ) Using Mozy atm, but looking to switch over to CrashPlan as for the same price I can move from 50GB to unlimited space (and even cheaper if I move to annual or even multi-annual payments). It also supports my new NAS drive (Synology 411slim). Just trying to find anyone thats use both and had problems with either? Mozy has been fine for me, but havent had to use it in anger.
  11. I'd imagine Mark can turn off the EML with UpRev so that wont be a problem. The sticking point for me would be the droning. Dont want to go adding drone on the motorway for the sake of 10HP more - especially when I already have ~350HP. Hence waiting for Colin to get some. But I think he's waiting for me to get some
  12. What colour do you do. Something blue perhaps At this going rate we will be able to have proper 370z meets soon, rather than just one or two dotted in the 350z, and we'll hve most of the colour covered too
  13. Colin needs a nudge to get some though. We're fighting over who will try them first to make sure they are bearable for a good GT car as we both like to travel in relative comfort and dont want to destroy the Zeds great GT qualities.
  14. Check the paperwork and see if that pre-authorises them to any amount. If not, you did not authorise them so they have no right to charge you. Go back and talk to the manager, you might get something back in goodwill
  15. Its just the way the Zed is, with a nice flat torque curve, you'll never get that prod in the back like a turbo car no matter how fast you make it (keeping it NA). Its only when you have other cars around you you see how quick it is
  16. Love the red. Need to convice Mr AK to get a red 370z, but his 350z is such good condition, I dont think he (nor I) would want to part with it!
  17. It has a lovely fleck to it when the sun is low - bit like the UY, you dont really notice it until the sun is in the right position, then it looks amazing So you joining the Stillen club then Will? I think Colin must have followed me at some point so he knows how good his car sounds
  18. A glaze is usually an oil/polymer/silicone heavy liquid that is used to give a really deep wet/glossy look. They are great for hiding swirls and other defects, but dont typically offer any protection. I would guess (having not used a glaze before myself) that it should go polish > glaze > wax. Polish preps the surface removing swirls and other defects. Glaze hides whats left. Wax protects the surface from contaminants getting into the pain and ruining your hard work. I tend to think of glaze as more for show cars where you will have a very highly finished surface and use the glaze to make it look really glossy but it doesnt offer any protection (typically) so wouldnt want to just use glaze on a daily driver or weekend warrior.
  19. Its always a shame when that happens
  20. I'd imagine its very good, but I'm not paying £40/mo to watch 2 or 4 races, comes down to pay-per-view as I wont use any of the other channels. If it were free though ... (not that the beeb is, but we have to pay for that!)
  21. It needs to be to recoup their costs. Will have cost them a fortune and they're not making it back with current customers. They'll be wanting to take all the beeb customers who dont have Sky (like me). I'll be sticking to the highlights though. Quite looking forward to getting some weekends back TBH
  22. Great vid, nice assortment of metal there Aston
  23. Damn I missed a trick there
  24. Get on with it already
  25. Cant get nothing past our Immy
×
×
  • Create New...