Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Only the PirateBay could turn the Raspberry Pi into true cloud computing http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/ ... es-1072089
  2. Not downscaled as that wouldnt be HD then Downsampled or lower bitrate will reduce the quality but not the resolution. Sky used to have terribly low bitrates so they could fit in more channels. Its why you got the lovely halo around players on the football games that looked so crap. Was much the same when they first did HD games too, it was in HD resolution, but quite blocky and halos because of low bitrate. Thats why they need an official spec for these things. I think on Freeview there is a guarenteed bitrate and resolution but on Satellite (FreeSat or Sky) they just have to conform to the right resolution and not bitrate. As bandwidth costs them more money on satellite, they try to lower the bitrate as much as possible
  3. The give away to me on Sky is usually the halo you get when watching football on their channels, especially their SD channels, they looked horrible. To be fair though I've not watched any Sky footage for about 6 months so it may all be better now. ITV HD also used to be pretty pish, but they seem to be better now. Wish they'd just sort out a proper spec for this stuff rather than having recommendations of bitrates and resolutions
  4. Sky/BBC should have exactly the same HD feed of the race, so I'd love to see the tech specs of it as BBC HD has been far superior to Sky in my eye in the past. Wouldnt supprice me if Sky post process their HD feed to make it "look" better while actually just making it less real. Just like you get in P&S cameras when they sharpen and over-saturate images to give them more pop. Actually thinking about it, are you guys comparing Sky HD to BBC HD both on Sky? Thats not really fair as Sky may downsample the BBCs actual feed when broadcasting it. The comparison I've done before is Sky HD vs BBC HD where BBC HD is on FreeSat.
  5. Chris`I

    Roof Bars

    Appears they are pretty much the same thing. The only think I guess BoofSquire do is to fabraicate some new tubing to match the right dimensions and also bridge the 2 crossways poles with a lengthways one. As you are only doing small distances then you could hack something together or use something similar
  6. Chris`I

    Roof Bars

    As I'm feeling nice... Looks like from this - http://boofsquire.com/pages/media.htm - image 4 is the closest up - looks like a Highland (rings a bell too). So you are looking for Highland Adjustable roof rack. This comes up on ebay (it is in the US) - looks familiar no? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Highland-Univ ... 0621082353
  7. I can take them or leave them. I spent about £200 on mine and would prefer that to claiming on my insurnace if I ever hit a post. But before I had it, I wasnt desperate for one, nor do I miss it when driving cars without them. As with ioneabee - I use all the tools I can to do the job, so if its there use it, if not, no biggie. However, not so much a dilema for new 370z owners as reversing cam is now part of Connect Premium, which is well worth the money with or without the camera. If you have a 2010 car then a cam can be fitted quite easily and is nice to have, just depends how much cash you have kicking around. I'd be worried personally if a few hundred quid breaks the bank in a 370z owners mind as they are expensive cars to run! Will cost you way more in insurance should you bump into something
  8. Chris`I

    Roof Bars

    In all seriousness, the 2 above are the only 2 real suggestions. I have seen someone strap a surfboard to the roof using those linked roof rack gadges, but not sure I'd do it with a kayak. I used to kayak when I was younger and they can be quite a strain on the roof in high winds (unlike a surfboard). From what I remember, the boofquire is just a modified version of a publicly available set of extendable roofrack in the States. We did find the model number, but the price was just a bit too much to give it a go. If you look at close up pics of the boofsquire footpads you should be able to read the make of them. You could get the generic ones and mod them for the 350z, but I wouldnt want to take it any distance.
  9. Chris`I

    Stillen video

    The one benefit of letting Amanda drive now and again is I get to hear it drive off
  10. So where are the after pics?
  11. Can I have some? Might turn the '70 into a GTR Congrats on the purchase, it's atleast 1,000,000 times better than an SLK from my experience
  12. Sounds like some sort of hobbit creatures that live in the dark under a log Heard it on another forum (think it was Bikeradar) and thought it was funny
  13. Does beg the question should the modmins keep thing on track even when the OP is taking it off topic
  14. Chris`I

    370z RFL?

    Be sure to send us some cars back then
  15. This is the kind of LYNX I wanted - Califonia Games was awsome!
  16. Chris`I

    370z RFL?

    Almost a reason not to buy a new car - Assume you didnt have it on your car as is came in April 2010? I made the dealer pay mine as it came in after I placed the order
  17. Very nice
  18. Wow first day of real action and they are showing reruns already
  19. Cant wait to see the highlights, both Fezzas out in Q2 sounds good
  20. There was programming before the internet Yes very good idea, can teach kids some real applicable skills for once, hopefully spark some imagination back into them, even if they do use them to try and do wrong doing as I'm sure they will find a way
  21. Who needs books on programming? As soon as they are printed they are out of date - and we got told that at Uni too Google is your friend for most languages, except for the one I use as its black box and you wont find anything on it on the web as the company that make it dont release the details and have been known to close down groups that try to share info on it
  22. http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... aspberrypi * Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and Videocore 4 GPU * GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode * GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure * 256MB RAM * Boots from SD card, running the Fedora version of Linux * 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket * HDMI socket * USB 2.0 socket * RCA video socket * SD card socket * Powered from microUSB socket * 3.5mm audio out jack * Header footprint for camera connection * Size: 85.6 x 53.98 x 17mm So not very powerful in CPU MHz terms but it does have full HD hardware acceleration for video, albeit very specific H.264 only by the looks of it.
  23. Good choice The blue looks far better when you get it out the showroom and into real light
  24. Looks neat.
  25. Only 40 huh, must be hitting an internal limit somewhere and not bringing them all back
×
×
  • Create New...