-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
Pfff - speak to Sarnie about DTE - I seem to remember he did like 50 miles after his said zero I regularly filled mine up with ---- on DTE, you can get at least 30 miles on it.
-
My Dads old boss had one and took me for a drive. Cant remember a lot as I was so young, but I can remember the doors didnt open all the way as it was cold and the struts didnt have enough pressure I could see it working quite well as a leccy car. It probably doesnt weigh much so think it would quite suit it.
-
I'll check mine later. I have a Nissan case, but cant remember if CP manual is in it. I have all the manuals on my iPad and being a man I NEVER need them
-
Think the Zed tank has an anti siphon device at the bottom of the tank. Sure there are ways to get the fuel out though if you are that worried. Not sure I'd trust octane booster, I'd rather drive at a lower pace for a month tbh. Remember you can still take it to 4-5kRPM, that can still make the Zed shift
-
Its up to you matey, but if you NEED to venture over 4kRPM in an emergency before you run the tank out, I'd rather have a 50/50 mix in there than half a tank of 95RON I wouldnt imagine in 60 miles you've done any real damage - but there is a high chance there would have been knock - how much damage thats done you wont know unless you strip the engine. Given how long its taken some on 95RON to kill the engine, I'd guess you'll be fine. Just drive it like Miss Daisy now until you get the good stuff back in
-
If he takes my place I can get some Berks too Or perhaps I can ask for them as a pressie from my relatives hmmmm
-
Just for clarification: TCS - cuts power when it detects wheel spin. This can be thrown out by incorrect tyre sizes fooling the TCS in thinking the rear wheels are spinning faster than the front even when they arent. You can disable this by pressing the TCS button. ESP - brakes the wheels independantly when the yaw sensor and various others tell the car it is in a slide. You cant turn this off with a button, but you can disable it if you read about. If edging towards the limit, you should get understeer first, then oversteer if you keep pushing. If you go straight into oversteer (on OEM geometry) then you've been a bit quick with you're right foot
-
Didnt know all Rotas were forged. When I got mine some years back I'm pretty sure they werent at the time. Now they are all forged and making a name for themselves I'm sure the prices will start to rise
-
Did no one get a clip of it? Will, definately need a mini meet soon after the wedding Does Mr Tarmac do some sort of payment plan?
-
Just been reading the forum comments and I like the suggestion of a race around the M25. However the suggested 2hrs to complete it is far too long, I think you should be given an hour, so an average speed of just over 120MPH
-
Waits for insurance companies to viod insurnace on happy hour Thats quite a good April Fools, I bet loads of people actually fell for it. Go out at 5am on a weekend though and you CAN do pretty much whatever speed you like, Mr Plod is nowhere to be seen
-
"What car do you drive?" "a 350z" "...What's that?
Chris`I replied to Luke0549's topic in 350Z General
Show them a pic, thats what I do -
They're cheaper as they copy other peoples designs. They let them do all the R&D and then just copy it. Simples. Lighter than OEM as OEM probably use cheaper material. the RAYS that come on the Zed will likely be the same or lighter than the Rotas. Do Rota do forged wheels yet?
-
Need someone to turn it into a Zed
-
It's a chain not a belt. And designed to last the life of the engine. Go search Keysers threads, you'll see what it is in his "car porn" pics The belt drive the aircon and power steering and do need changing now and again when they start to crack.
-
Keep it under 4kRPM and run the tank down to a half, then top up with Super and keep it under 4kRPM again until you've run the tank down and refilled. If you go over ~5kRPM then the knock sensor wont be able to wind back the timing properly and avoid knock so this is the easiest way to protect the engine til you have good stuff in it again. Nothing to worry about if you drive it like Miss Daisy for a while
-
The problem is people still beleive it. A mate I used to work withs wife is a teacher for all of a few years. I jokingly asked if she had a day off for the strikes thinking shes relatively clever and wont have striked. She gave me the dirtiest look and turns out she was standing up for her rights and did go on strike! What can we do if even people we think are intelligent have no common sense? Massive queues at our local Morrisons when I went down to Wickes last night
-
Congrats Beers are on Toby then?
-
These are my best bits when we went in 2010 (other than getting engaged of course!) Top of The Rock at night so you can see Empire State Empire State first thing on a morning to miss the queues and get an awesome view as the sun comes up Helicopter Tour if you can stretch to it MSG for hockey or basketball and do the tour before hand its really good Del Frisco's if you like steak
-
I would say this or mixture knob. What Nilfisk are you using? I have a C110 and it makes lovely shaving foam like foam
-
Admiral have once again come in cheapest for me, £1200 for the Zed and Alfa (about £600 ea) and thats with business milage too. Their renewal was £200 more than that so did a new quote, gave them the number and they adjusted it That makes it slightly cheaper than last year and added the UpRev to the Zed this time around. It doesnt make a lot of sense
-
I have one on the 370z, good bit of kit. Netted me a few HP, cant say for sure as I had my Stillen exhaust fitted first which gave bigger gains. Their trick with the MAF obviously worked though as when I had it UpRev'd I didnt make any real extra power. Pics in my "Garage" in sig. I read the development threads on the US forums and they put a lot of effort into it, trying out some 50ish different configs of lengh and diameter.
-
Guessing soft tops are out of the question given the first post Personally I'd tell the missus to sod off. Amanda knows the score, my car came before her engagement ring. Got to get these priorities right
-
Special little BBC story from our running club.
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
That will be you and Fran in a few years mate There was another trail runner on the Beeb last weekend which reminded my of Mr AK. I cant remember his age, but he was well past getting his free bus pass and pension. Still running up and down hills with his dogs. Was the 100th timet that year that he'd done this particular hill but I forget its name. I think it was on Country Ways or Tracks or something.