Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. They look a lot better when you put it into context of how knackeded the leather was before I started...
  2. Time to start dishing out some
  3. Dont think people are getting the joke
  4. The harness I have is from a chap in the States on the US forums. It was expensive for what it is but the pin-outs arent common knowledge and he uses the actual Nissan connectors so its 100% plug and play. Well worth it for the hassle it saves and still cheaper than most aftermarket solutions. Technically I could just go rip out my connectors and post a pic, but Brian put a lot of effort in to getting it to work so wouldnt rip off his work. Also you will have to work out all the values to programme the Nav unit to display the grid lines properly which Brian gives you the figures for. Again I could reproduce them but its belittling his very good work. This is the kit I have - http://www.carkitcompany.com/nissan-370 ... -camera-ho And it in action:
  5. You stole Mr PotatoZeds seats you theif
  6. Not for long Does look quite like his owner I must say
  7. I get a sense of deja vu, but cant place my finger on it, hmmmmm...... .
  8. Sounds very dodgy to me, dont know how they've managed to balls it up. As the others have said though, always ring up and make sure they take payment properly. The only near experience I've had with Admiral they were actually ok. My CC had expired and they called me up to check the number for the auto renewal. I told them I didnt want to renew as a new quote was cheaper so they matched it there and then. I guess working in IT I can understand when systems have blips and things can go wrong, so I never assume that auto anything will work
  9. I'd love a Five (or derrivative) if I lived in the Alps or if it were a second bike just for trail centres etc. You have to have Hope hubs on them too so everyone can hear you coming
  10. Being a mod for the day isnt a bad idea, can take a load off the team. Mods cant do any real damage to the forum, worst case is we roll back to the previous days backup of the forum
  11. Yeah pretty much sorted then I think the Enduro will suit you more then than the Stumpy going by what you want. Very much ride over anything spec rather than pick your line. I find anything over 120mm just wallows a bit and doesnt give that exact feeling you get of a tight setup. In some ways I still love hardtails and short travel forks for being able to slice up a trail and place it exactly where you want over full sus, but full sus is just so comfortable for all day riding. I also prefer to trade off a bit of travel and have a really light bike so getting up the hills is easier - especially when following Mr AK
  12. You do love fannying on with slack angles James: In terms of Spesh, I would say go with a Stumpy/Camber over the Enduro. Its more XC biased but can eat up anything in this country in terms of trails. Enduro is more for knarly trails than our tamer but more technical stuff. From my experience its just too bouncy/wooly in the technical stuff where the Stumpy excels. Though I get the same feeling with the Five, so perhaps you like it that way - just ram over everything rather than picking your line
  13. Ooooh errr, Frans gone all bouncy Tell her welcome to the club And are those SPDs? I assume she's going to rip them off? I'm the only one hardcore to ride clipped in
  14. The old version used to count the web spiders/bots/indexers (Google/Bing/etc) as being members online. Doesnt do this any more
  15. You could have logged into the team area. I did but being on the Solent, didnt post anything as reception was flakey
  16. Saw this on FB, contrats Mr and Mrs Chesterfield and welcome to our newest member Lewis
  17. A real man would have made it all fit in the boot Looks like fun, definately the way to do it
  18. You can add a few hundred HP to a GTR for not a lot of money I seem to remember
  19. Oh I see, that makes it a bit easier then. Its when you have adjustable compression and rebound, but hi/low speed that it gets very confusing! I just make mine bouncy so that I dont bottom them out of repeated bumps and rebound quite quickly but not enough to throw me off
  20. 370z also has the same bonnet pop mech. Its because the bonnet itself is so close to the engine. Its been decided that if the distance between engine and bonnet is below X (dont know the measurement) then it has to pop up so that a pedestrian cant strike the engine if they go over the bonnet. The only alternative is to have a higher bonnet with a bigger gap to the engine.
  21. Have you seen them? I think the discs are bigger than the wheels I had on my 350z And its Nissan so everything is multiplied by at least 4 to get to a final cost.
  22. Thats exactly why we wanted a camera Dazza, you make it look far to easy! Means you are human after all Hope its all gone ok now, look forward to seeing it running
  23. I look forward to your catastrophic fails in the Alps then Mr AK, when you end up bottoming out your forks and going over the handlebars I think I'd stick to just having compression/rebound seperate, having hi/lo compression/rebound means you need to understand physics of how it all works which is well above my head In Zed terms its like having fully adjuststable suspension/dampers which I've seen quite a few times people completely mess up the handling of the car by not understanding it. Not that this will happen to Mr AK of course.
  24. Works for me and
  25. The £1,900 I mentioned includes £600 loan payments. Remove that and it is almost identical to your monthly figure, which is what everyone has been saying; GTR = Supercar running costs And thus the circle is complete
×
×
  • Create New...