Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Nah, we did the bash when you were working and I think it nearly killed her Definately need to get out on the bikes, will be doing a couple of rides this week/weekend and need to get back up to Swinley at least once a week before our jaunt!
  2. That looks familiar. Dont show Amanda mind, it doesnt bring back good memories for her 20 miles - you must have done the full thing this time then?
  3. Not to keep this thread OT or anything, but I think the timing was perhaps a bit unfortunate with the censoring. It had been flagged that you may be trading via PM and someone was about to PM you to ask when the thread cropped up. I think it was a bit of a knee jerk reaction until we established what was going on. The forum front of house always moves quicker than the back room where the team have their discussions, and this unfortunately leads to threads like this developing quicker than we can come to a general agreement on how to handle it.
  4. I cant see Will in the pic, dont know what you're on about Great pics there Mr PotatoZed
  5. The main issue is recommending a trader who is (possibly) still trading but not paying to do so on this forum, but can still use the PM system to do it covertly. Thats why threads are removed from some ex-traders and not others. Those that may possibly try and abuse the forum will have their threads removed. Those who cant (ie have fully gone out of business) are usually left as a warning to new members - say if they went bust and did bad business or something. In most cases the old traders threads are removed from what I know of. So no problem recommending other traders/garages/brands who arent on the forum at all. The issue is with those that are still on the forum and could trade covertly via PM but dont pay the fee, yet still get advertising. Could be us being overly arsey but the traders fees are what pay for the servers, BBQs, flags, event shelters, etc, etc. In no way am I saying thats what Rich is doing, but its something that could happen.
  6. If you're that bothered about heat soak then you can pretty easily fit a cold air feed from the bumper up to the filter to drop the temps as soon as you are moving. You still get heat soak when stationary but theres no way to avoid that unless you encase the filter and that will muffle the sound.
  7. Unless you drive in the town/city, but then you're not really going anywhere quick anyway
  8. Thanks for all the kind words and wishes chaps/chapettes. It was an awesome day, Amanda did an amazing job organising it all. Everyone bar one person was able to make it (who managed to get bronchitis and tonsillitis at the same time!), which was a real turnout for the books. Off on honeymoon today, so no time to post other pics, but sure Stew or Mr AK can pull a few off facebook before we get back We're off to sample Business class on the A380 thanks to my new parents-in-law
  9. Crap - I'd have had it for that, the back case of mine is cracked near the dock port thing!
  10. http://player.vimeo.com/video/40162292 Perhaps this will work Original post works for me Jim
  11. Looks like Al's driving to me
  12. I thought about it, then couldnt be bothered with the hassle. I very rarely get punctures. My wheels and tyres can take it so tempted to give it a go at some point, but until I go through more tubes, I dont see the point atm. AK might think differently as he rides properly more often
  13. You certainly be a good looking chav when sat at the side of the trail
  14. You cant replace Zedley Dont tell me you didnt send him tracked?
  15. Yes very much a problem. I also like taking photos too, which is not a good thing to throw into the mix
  16. Excellent, get her to sign up and we can start a Scuba thread. Just need her to do a PADI conversion and we'll be off. Amanda has an old mate from work (who will be at the wedding) that is into diving too and is BSAC so we need to get her to do a conversion too and we're away. Biking and diving somewhere nice and warm
  17. "Everybody's dead Dave......"
  18. But of course! Deciding we want to get back into scuba diving (distinct lack of hills around here for MTB) on hols, means I've just been robbed off a good bit of money - regs service (£80), new Suunto D4i computer (old one was going to cost £80 for a battery change!), 2 new LED Lenser dive torches (old ones were dead), dive watch for Amanda - oops
  19. Bit more and you can have a real one!
  20. Chris`I

    Spacers...?

    I'm of the same opinion, although I think the rears do need something. I'm tempted by some 20mm at the rear and leaving the front alone on mine. Personally 20mm is too much on the front for me and any less and you need to swap the lug/bolts over for new longer ones.
  21. I hate you as much as I hate AK now Very nice sir - but I dont get the stem - "Hope Thomson X4 70mm black (black risers)". I'm assuming its a Thomson 4x? Very nice they are too.
  22. Definately the way to go
  23. Great news Nic. Bring on the 370z
  24. Wow bet that was quite a build. We do like pics around here, so if you have any of the actual build when it was in progress, its like car porn to us
×
×
  • Create New...