Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. But Georges car with all mods and a remap would be another question altogether (370z gaining much more from a map than the 350z)
  2. Thank god I dont drink or smoke, I wouldnt be able to afford the Zed if I did
  3. +1 from what drove of the 276 it seemed to run out of revs before it should tbh whereas my 296 revs and revs. The interior is the thing that actually swayed me to buy the 296, and of course the nismo kit. If there was an hr nismo the same I would have bought it tbh. Thats where you need the cars side by side though. Yes the Revup engine revs higher, but it has less torque lower down. Whether or not this actually makes a difference on a track I have no idea. An educated guess would say the Revup would have it on the track and standard DE would have it on normal driving (ie when not at 9/10ths). Its all perception though until you get them next to each other. Going between one and the other I've never noticed any massive difference where you say "wow" thats a lot quicker. The only one thats done that to me was going from an original VQ35DE to the VQ37VHR. Talking only about stock engines, no NOS, FI etc.
  4. My missus gets that feeling from the passenger seat, but I feel fine in the driving seat
  5. I managed to just touch a wall before on the old 350z and it did the same, so Hassan may be lucky
  6. Some very healthy gains there Neil. Just be sure not to mess with it when you get it back, we dont want it going boom!
  7. Getting this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TORNADO-SUPER ... 815wt_1032 or this one, still to decide: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pro ... p?pvk=1010 Definatey the first one - it not only has F1 in the name, but Z too Look forward to the build thread
  8. I heard he was getting one of those leccy ones from eBay
  9. Chris`I

    Fuel Leak

    Cant say fairer than that - at least he is going to look at it
  10. If you can hold off til May you can borrow mine, but they dont cost much these days
  11. Definitely Vettel's fault, when he's seen the replays he might change his mind. Pete And even Horner is obviously blind and stupid! What a load of bollox! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17504555 What exactly is Karthikeyan's "misjudgement" that Horner mentions? From what I saw, Karthikeyan went around the outside of the racing line (at the outside of the track), Vettel came up the inside on the racing line and moved to the outside cutting Karthikeyan up. Not sure where Karthikeyan was expected to go? Off the track perhaps?
  12. 97RON will be fine and wont damage the car from what I understand. You could always do a remote remap with Abbey too
  13. Chris`I

    Fuel Leak

    This sounds scary Agree with Alex though, if its only when you fill up and doesnt matter how much you fill up then it must be a seal around the filler area. Get the guy to check again, take a can of petrol with you so you can reproduce it there and then (when the car is cooled down!)
  14. Happy Birthday Nic
  15. CAN = Contoller Area Network. As Southernspeed says these cause no end of problems. They are a great idea but actual implmentations of them in cars/bikes is very hit and miss, especially as they can be used to cut corners. Done right they should allow components to fail and flag it up so you can still use the bike/car, but in reality and due to corner cutting it often causes whole chunks of the bike/car to fail
  16. Good looking pair you have there How much of a difference did the suspension make Will? Can you describe the difference or was it just one of those indescribable feelings?
  17. +1 seems you need a new toy You two are so fickle Going for a proper drive usually sorts you out
  18. Be sure to post up your tyre sizes, all 4 tyres will be best to make sure you have the right sizes on the right wheels
  19. Acutally you might be onto something there. Get railings up on the wall but with anti vandal paint on. Make sure its not a flat surface otherwise they will just put a towel over it to get over, so would need to be proper railings. Also what about smart water?
  20. After May please
  21. You are a mean man! Look forward to hearing them on a Stillen, I am sure I will be sold on them then. Have a wedding to pay for now though I think Tarmac should hold me a pair
  22. Traitor I'm sure one day the itch comes to everyone, I thank god that I dont fancy a Porsche yet, but I'm sure one day a dealer will give me a good testdrive and I will be sold
  23. 2 words - NO CHANCE
  24. Wow thats horrible. Would it be worth upgrading the CCTv so you can get some better footage? I'd also suggest some metal spikes like you get on top of gates to go around the walls too. Might also be worth looking at some IP CCTVs which you can hook up wirelessly and dot them around the place, perhaps moving them now and again. The Police in this country really are such a let down when it comes to this kind of thing, especially as its happened to you before. You'd think they'd at least have some kind of camera system you could borrow.
×
×
  • Create New...