Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. If you're not in the top 5 it's not worth being on the list
  2. Happy Birthday buddy
  3. Does the Jag have a stubby?
  4. http://www.detailingworld.com/ - they have a great series of threads on the theory and methods of machine polishing - definately read them as a minimum before starting
  5. Yeah all right, I meant upgraded Brembo like brakes
  6. WLMG flushed my engine for free on the 350z at its P3 service. Cant say I noticed much if it did anything. As the others have said if you change oil frequently then it shouldnt need it though.
  7. Its shocking what you have to pay for extra these days. Having just ordered a Alfa Giulietta with the missus, if we spec'd it like for like with the Zed, their top engine (not even Clover Leaf) would come out not far short of my Zed! A few off the top of my head Nav (£1300), leather (£2000), uprated brakes (£350), Xenon lights (over £1000). I think a Clover Leaf version would cost more than my Zed EDIT: Forgot to add a few - heated leather seats (£1300), Bose Nav is £2000 not £1300, folding mirrors - the list goes on Comes out as £31k, so pretty close to what I paid for my Zed!
  8. My Zed beeps at me if I go for 7th below 45mph, not sure about 6th Zed engines are torquey little feckers, you'll be supprised by how much more torque you have at idle compared to many cars - my Zed measured over 200ftlbs from idle. The '70 is quite happy pootling along in AT at 1500RPM. Given it knows when to shift (because Nissan programmed it!) I'd be highly supprised if driving around at 1500-2000RPM is damaging anything. However you do need to be able to accelerate when required, so that can affect gear selection. Again with the 7AT it can grab a gear quicker than me, so I am happy if I boot it we will be off.
  9. And they charge accordingly for this e.g 370z + £20k................. Whichever way you look at it, the 370z is the winner to me. Either Evo are scared of what they big boys will do if they dared compare like for like price wise or they genuinely thought the 370z is comparable when you exclude performance, either way that bodes well for the 370z. Handlng may be better in the other cars, but I can sure as hell make the 370z just as good for less than £10k, let alone £20k. I'd still have that Cayman or BMW if they were giving it to me for free mind
  10. How did we know you'd say that
  11. What about all that shrapnel you picked up in 'Nam? Glad this is finally going through though Neil - it didnt look like fun at Wales
  12. +1 - we're not worthy
  13. And we want pics
  14. Very nice. Only thing I'd change (as I'm not baller) is to have tyres that arent stretched to protect those lovely and likely very expensive rims
  15. Would be better off with the power/torque figures than 0-60 times for that car
  16. Just get a 370z - simplez
  17. ^^ That one cropped a bit will look ace in the calendar
  18. We missed our ride this week due to the bank holiday and lack of organisation. Am going to attempt my first commute to new job tomrrow, a nice quick 17 mile ride down country roads and cycle paths, weather looks good atm
  19. I've been there a couple of times - if you ever fancy a ride, let me know I need to get fit again and biking with others is a lot more fun. We go out most Tuesday evenings Jez - meet up around 6:15pm if you can get there by then. If not I'll give you a shout when we next hit it at a weekend/bankholiday
  20. I assume you mean in the portal page? Trying to reduce server load a bit as the portal page is dog slow
  21. +1 and to what Dan said above too. Wet sanding is only required if you have orange peel, and it will take a reasonable amount off already thin laquer, so I would only do it if the orange peel is really obvious or on panels that have been resprayed.
  22. Put an asterix after the search term: R35*, z34*, z33*, etc
  23. Get the 370z. Its a much nicer drive and place to be, just ask anyone that has upgraded from a 350z, no one regrets it. Dont listen to 350z owners who say it isnt worth it, its more than worth it. Remember to budget for a new exhaust and UpRev and you'll have 350 ponies at the fly, with better handling and interior, what more could you want?
  24. Its not that I'll get in trouble, its more what she'll spend while I'm away. Wales was not a cheap trip
×
×
  • Create New...