Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. DVDs aren't invincible, some of my early ones have pitted and rotted away I had to buy a brand new copy of Terminator 2 but it wasn't in the swanky metal case Really!!! DVD-R are far from invincible. All sorts can go wrong with them. I have a fair few DVD-R that are now not readable as the dye in them is shot for some reason. Others are scratched and others have just been broken. They are not anywhere near as hardy as pressed discs that you get when you buy films on DVD. The only completely failsafe option is a proper online backup solution that themselves has a multiple redudant backups along with your own redundant backups. I have 3 copies of most things I need, (1) Laptop, (2) portable HDD and (3) online backups. I use Mozy for my online backups. You learn the hard way when you loose photos that cant be gotten back
  2. Good stuff, cheers guys. The premise of what they do is to me genius. I dont want to pay for overheads for stuff I will never use, which is exactly what they remove by having support via forum/email. Technically they are O2 at heart and O2 do all the provisioning for them, so from a hardware/network view, they should be rock solid. I am coming to the end of my O2 contract and can swap from spending ~£40pm to £10pm on GG. Looks like I'll be ordering a GG sim soon!
  3. Approx £830 rich And I still need to pay. Let me know your email address Dave. Sorry to Choptop, I pressed edit instead of quote in his post and messed it up Not used to my new work laptop yet
  4. Over here (not sure its the same over there) they have 14 days to issue notice otherwise its null and not valid
  5. We have more time for this thing at LakeZ, Wales was a bit busy
  6. Looking to move my iPhone off contract to PAYG, and giffgaff seem to have some good offers. I use my phone mainly for texts and internet but need a few free minutes too if possible, definately dont need massive amounts of anything that you get with a contract. As giffgaff is basically O2, it has a very good network/coverage for 3G which is important. We've found that Vodafone arent as good as O2, and not sure about Orange/T-mobile (whatever they call themselves these days). Just wondering if anyone here is using them and has any feedback? I want to move my number and dont want to get my PAC to then move it again somewhere else!
  7. Blimey thats more than the PIAA wipers I used to have on the 350
  8. Legally no - he was speeding in a 30 limit. Legally they are right, morally - well its debatable The only thing that can be questioned is the placement of the camera and what laws there are that govern it in Wales. I think most places have "guidelines" which Police like to ignore
  9. Dont assume more HP is the best way to make your car quicker. Driver training is no1 by far. Then as Ekona has said, you are better off with good tyres and brakes. Followed by suspension and handling mods, which maybe more important if your car is older. When you then need the car to have more power you can look to add it
  10. Almost like its made for a camera van
  11. Chris`I

    Stability

    Awww, no one shown you the map?
  12. Chris`I

    Stability

    Ah I assume you werent on this little island then
  13. Chris`I

    Stability

    Fixed that for you
  14. I wonder how many more of us will be getting a letter soon. Hopefully none of us. However if they are doing people at 35MPH, then quite a few might have strayed around that number F'in shocking if you ask me, that camera had nothing to do with safety as it was on the way up to a national speed limit section of road
  15. +1 and now we know for sure where to send the money as it will get doubled
  16. Which model year Lee? Theres a bit of a difference between MY09 and MY10. Does that also include any wiring that goes to the centre arm rest to connect the A/V and USB?
  17. Happy Birthday to you all
  18. Bet that handles well
  19. Probably after they are all sold
  20. Chris`I

    235 or 245s?

    My 370z has 245F and 275R if I remember rightly, so that would be a good combo if they fit the rims - which going by BMs comment above - they do EDIT: Bit of a quick google later and actually most in the States seem to say 255/285 is the best combo for your wheels
  21. Get it over to CS to have a look
  22. The problem was probably that bass is non-directional and in the hills very hard to pinpoint, he sounded like he was everywhere
  23. Go on ..... blame me,I can take it. But we were lucky, today was 3 or 4 times worse. As it goes, I didnt think it was as bad as it could have been - far from it - seen a lot worse up in them hills. At least we had some sun
  24. Have to show this to Amanda, she'll love that given her ex-boss has a Roc
  25. Currently 12 weeks, built to order Hopefully it'll be like my Zed and turn up a month early!
×
×
  • Create New...