-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
Thanks for the PM Al. We're up that way to see a band for our wedding. Given we are having it in the Lakes and live so far south, its the easiest way to get to see them, even if it does take us quite a way out of our way to get to LakeZ. As I said in the PM we dont really have the time to do a nice route, its just about picking the nicest direct route and I thought it looked a little more entertaining than a normal boring A-road. We will be heading out at about 6pm if that makes any difference.
-
+1 For those that know the area - me and the better half will be travelling over from the other side of the Yorks Dales from somewhere near Yarm. Is it a good idea to take the A684 all the way over the Dales? Looks far more fun than the A66 that Google is suggesting
-
Dont really get these rear seat references, they weigh sod all in the grand scheme of things. The Zed uses cheaper heavier metal. You cant compare it to older cars that have less crash protection as this adds a lot of weight if cheaper heavier metals are used. At the price point thats what they had to use, otherwise it would have come out costing close to a Porsche/Audi and it would have never sold. What they have done is balance price and performance to produce a brilliant car - but its got a few negatives, heavy weight being one of them, but it still handles very well.
-
Mr P - long time no see - I heard you couldnt resist Theres a Jap Meet near the footie stadium in Reading tonight if you fancy it, just by the Maccy D's at 7:30pm (ish)
-
The ethernet connection on the HDR for now (without hacks) is just to allow connection to the net for things like BBC iPlayer. There is a hack out there to allow the HDR to become the server so you can stream off it to other players around the house, but I havent heard of anything doing it the other way. The only way I know of getting content through the HDR is to set up a NAS connected to the USB connection and steam via that, but it has to be in the right format. Things may have changed since I last looked, but doesnt appear that way from Googling. I assume you dont have a PS3?
-
As said above, the Zed is created at a price point, and at that price point you cant have all Alu panels. It makes the weight on using cheaper heavier metals and this is why Audi/Porsche are more expensive. Simple as that really. You can save a shed load of weigth stripping it and replacing panels, but it will cost a fortune and as above might make the handling unbearable for roads as Nissan have designed everything to work together for the weight it is.
-
I dont think the Foxsat HDR has that cabability. You can get a firmware hack to stream from the Foxsat to a media player, but not heard of doing it the other way around. I know you can connect a NAS with the right filesystem to it, but not a media server.
-
This. My mum had a similar thing where a young lad in his white van twatted into her on a rounderbout. He was completely in the wrong and admitted it (but no witnesses ) but once it went through the insurance, he somehow wasnt to blame any more! Ended up after about 6 months as them going 50:50 even though mum could prove he was in the wrong using arial photos of the rounderbout and description of what had happened with witnesses recollections too. Insurance co's just CBA to fight it out any more and go 50:50 all the time
-
I'd say you'll be looking at anywhere between mid to high teens and low to mid twenties depending on how you drive. As the others have said, rag it and it will be sub 20, take it easy on motorway and you'll see 30+, anything inbetween can give well - anything inbetween! Its quite frugal for what it is though if you keep the momentum up and dont prod at the throttle
-
IMO I think people like to see a bit more effort than just linking to PH tbh, not much effort to copy and paste the info but looks a whole lot more professional. Each to their own though
-
I find this usually helps. When trying to sell something for £10k+ to savvy members, they do appreciate a little more effort than linking to PH. GLWS
-
Why cant you just put up a normal post in the For Sale section? Doesnt take 2 mins to take another shot of the watch to meet the forum rules I am one of the more sceptical team members and wonder why people want to link to other sites. The main reason you'd want to link it is to be lazy or gain Google rankings both of which I personally take a bit of a dim view on
-
what do you need from Darlington, not far from me if it's something that needs picking up Thanks for the offer Matt, but we're there meeting a band for our wedding, probably something we should do in person, dont think the missus would let you vet them for us
-
Doesnt look like this is possible for me now, we need to make a detour to up near Darlington on the way to the LakeZ
-
Good to know there are some out there then!
-
Even at the time I dont think they actually did it for that price. Someone will be along to confirm, but I'm not sure they ever fitted one to a customer car - I certainly never heard of one. Certainly wouldnt be that price now!
-
-
Told you it wouldnt take long
-
Sorry dude but TCS being off is never to blame for an accident. Driving faster than the conditions allow is .......... As I said earlier, theres another TC system under your right foot While this is true, I get the feeling a lot of the guys that turn TCS off clearly arent the Stig like drivers they think they are, as we have unfortunately see far too many times :surrender Should also be noted that there was a fair few other cars came off that rounderbout just fine, myself included, with no hints of TCS kicking in, so as you suggest driving properly its fine, but clearly some people cant control the car quite how they think they can. I'm fortunate in that the 370z TCS isnt half as intrusive as the 350z's.
-
Get on over to Mitz@CS mate. He'll sort you out for a good price if you much in with the labour, he's a very friendly and easy going chap
-
Bagsie 2 seats please I will be bringing 1 event shelter, I'm sure we'll have more. As many found out at Z Fest last year they can hold off the elements just fine even in torrential rain
-
Didnt realise they 350z had more power than the 370z
-
No sure anyone on here knows who Bren is though? Although he is a trader he appears to have only posted on here twice, hardly support for the forum huh? Chris (Tarmac) has been a lot more proactive on here so I for one welcome the competition, especially from a very active trader. I know a few other traders also offer K-Sport including Mitz@CS.
-
Ouch Hope it goes smoothly mate, but going by the van driver and his boss, you might have a fight on your hands. F'in hate the blame culture we have these days, he was in your lane, it is his fault, but if a lot of the time these days they settle for 50/50 unless you have witnesses? F's me right off when it goes that way