Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I'd vote for Software Engineer tbh. What is your official job title?
  2. Get the big gas guzzler in you out of the way now while you still can
  3. Updated FABridge.js as in the first post. Let me know if it works or if chat is now broken in which case you can blame Husky
  4. Hasnt gone un-noticed
  5. Fully agree and we will see where this goes.
  6. Move to trading post - its more than a 350z thing We always welcome feedback from traders - good and bad - even if you havent actually bought anything, just tried to buy something and decided not to because of service.
  7. We dont get anywhere near: 370z - c350HP Ibiza - c100HP R6 - c120HP 570HP Add in my road bike and mountain bike .... hmmm ... at least 2000HP+
  8. Not always true. I used to work for a massive technology service company and have just joined a world leading payment business and both wanted to know my GCSE, A-levels and details of both degree's, even with 6yrs continious experience at large blue chip firms. Certain industries want to know what you have done in the past no matter what experience you have until you have - they use it for profiling. My current employer wanted 5yrs experience of what I do, and I have just over 6yrs. Its hard to get much more as the software we use is only 10yrs old itself. This is for a payband of B on a scale of A-F (top-bottom), so a fairly senior role as a technical specialist. Oh and Gates just cleverly stole Microsoft
  9. You'd have liked my Dad, he was the exact opposite to that - he refused to hire Oxbridge grads as generally have no business accumen or common sense. He'd probably didnt give them a payrise ever as they dont really need a job as Mummy and Daddy will look after them
  10. Degree's from different institutions are most definately worth more or less depending mainly on the type of University that is awarding it and also how high said University is in ranking tables overall and the specific subject of the degree. Socalled Redbrick Universities always rank higher than others as they are seen as historically "good" Universities and a safe bet when it comes to choosing a new employee from two candidates with the same qualifications. I am lucky in that I went to two redbricks (Exeter and Reading) and have had it mentioned to me on numerous occasions that it is a benefit to have my degrees from these two places (BSc from Exeter and MSc from Reading). In terms of normal rankings for specific subjects, employers will awlays be on the lookout for their prefered Universities which they see as a good institution for their speciality. Reading for example is very highly regarded for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics within the computing field. So your friend is right in that his degree from Durham is worth more than his friends, but only if Teeside is not higher ranked for the specific subject being talked about
  11. The geek in me would quite like to do trend analysis on such things In reality nothing changes I dont beleive other than TCS doesnt trigger. ESP is still active and will brake various wheels to try and keep you in a straight line and balance the car. This can be quite annoying really. No changes to maps or throttle responses that I know of.
  12. But not always in that order. Sometimes Diesel first, then oil. And not always a rounderbout. So quite variable really. Always ends in a damaged car though
  13. cos I don't have one GTFO then
  14. Threads merged at OPs request
  15. And is it actually a key? Or just looks like the fob to confuse us owners?
  16. We know Now I'll leave this thread alone as I have to assume I'm not coming for now...
  17. Cheers! I was aiming for green You'd need a Zed for that *cough* Ekona *cough* (I'm currently in process of trying to secure a deal on a Zed...shhhhhhhhhhhh) Ah but he was a mod before he let the car go You should have made more effort before you got rid of yours
  18. Cheers! I was aiming for green You'd need a Zed for that
  19. +1 might seem expensive but nothing compared to paying out if the worst had happened
  20. 3.5 3.7 No, that would be just stupid... And 3.5 isnt when its a 370z key? Is it acutally a key too? Looks a bit small to be the actual key.
  21. 3.5 3.7
  22. Seem to remember my 53 plate 350z with only 1/4 tank of fuel went on the weighbridge at top end of 1500kg. Remember laughing as it weighed more than my mates Evo we had down at the same time
  23. While posts on a forum cant be used directly for prosecution (at a guess), I'd imagine they can be used as evidence to form a character profile of a defendant. If they are freqently admitting to driving stupidly then I guess a judge/jury would look very dimly when the defendant stands up in court to say they couldnt have avoided said accident. Of course doing 90 down a motorway most of the time is no problem, but it is illegal and shouldnt be condoned on an open forum. What I dont get is why people want to post how fast they have gone? In cars such as those with large engines with plenty of power, especially with modern chasis, it really isnt more than a case of holding your foot down for a matter of seconds before you can do silly speeds. No skill required. I dont get what there is to show off about
×
×
  • Create New...