Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Looked great on Ians car, but as he says, they arent worth it on NA cars unless you want the bling!
  2. This really pisses me off when people of such power blatently flaunt the law, as you say its leads people like sheep to do the same
  3. Very nice sir. Added the YouTube and Vimeo tags for you
  4. Fully agree chap - this is why they should use the same rules as motorcycles and filter down the right hand of traffic, taking the primary position when done. If everyone calmed down a bit, slow cyclists wouldnt hold anyone up much, especially in cities where you hit traffic lights again in another 100yrd. It does no one any favours IMO forcing cyclists to the left of the lane as it promotes cars to push past and also for cyclists to "undertake" down the inside or pavement when they feel they are pushed off the road (or being cheeky @*!# !)
  5. Chris`I

    Whats this?

    Will just unbolt mate, its a simple bolt. May need a friend to put pressure on the brakes while you do it
  6. Chris`I

    New M5....

    Hadnt even seen that - shocking! Obviously it should be using variable vane turbos when its not, I would hazzard a guess it uses quite small turbos that spool quickly but then run out of puff
  7. Chris`I

    Whats this?

    Wot he said ^^
  8. And even when they do try to repair it, it still doesnt work! There is strech of dual carridgeway that has been resufaced in Bracknell down by The Look Out / Swinley Forest which after roughly 2 days (YES 2 DAYS) they are resurfacing it as the surface has "failed" Also potholes add yet more danger to cyclists and other road users as they try to dodge them A lot of the country lanes I use to commute are absolutely screwed up where you should be riding the secondary position (~1m away from the curb), so I have to take primary all the time which I'm sure annoys other road users as if I was in secondary they could overtake, but I aint riding in the potholes!
  9. Chris`I

    New M5....

    The Zed engine is backwards in terms of this, the VQ35DE was first seen in cars 10yrs ago! Also having a TT can help the M5 as it can cruise around on the combine cycle using hardly any fuel and then get on boost to give massive performance
  10. Pfff thats going back a while! Let me check my photobucket EDIT: Non on PB, I'll check at home when I get back. It was kind of hacked together to start with so not something I wanted to show off
  11. Equally they require cars to stay out of them! IMO far better off that bikes integrate fully into the traffic flow as a proper vehical. Cars can only overtake if there is sufficent space so no more bikes getting squashed or bikes coming across the front of cars At the end of the day I tend to sway towards being bias towards bikes as cars are in just such a hurry to fly down to the next set of lights. The bike just catches them up on red again, so the car gains nothing but increasing stress levels for trying to beat the cyclist all the time. If everyone took it a bit easier then life would be so much more relaxed and safer.
  12. Will take a look on Chrome. IE6/7 are now becoming unsupported by many sites but this site isnt particularly complex or flash in terms of new tech so should be fine on older versions. All I can suggest is that you dont leave it open all day, it must have a problem with some part of it. Not going to start debugging old and out of date browsers though, sorry
  13. Its most likely not liking part of the code. I'll see what I can do tonight to trace down what its doing. Do you have any mods/add-ons installed?
  14. Try using FF and see if the issue is still there. Theres nothing on the site the requried a permenant connection, once a page is downloaded, its downloaded, it just sits there and does nothing. Theres nothing it should be doing to use bandwidth. I tried to use Chrome at work, but with its retarted "Windows default proxy" settings that you cant override I couldnt get it to work I'll try downloading it tonight and running it at home and see if theres anything untoward going on.
  15. Must be something else you chaps have running. At home and work I leave IE9 (home) and FF4 (work) running all day every day with the forum and Gmail going and have never had this problem. Both laptops get hibernated over night and restarted whenever there is an update needs to be applied. Home laptop gets restarted properly about once a month, maybe once every 2 months. Do you have chat open when this happens?
  16. Riding to work and back every day still wont be enough
  17. Having recently started to commute to work on the bike (only one way at the moment til I can get used to doing 18 miles each way), I can say first had that there are a lot of numpties out there on bikes and fully support some kind of bike test, even if its just theory. The amount of idiotic moves I have seen just in the past 2 weeks of commuting is unbelievable it really is. And thats not even inner city riding. On the flip side, I can now also see where bikers come from that have a go at a vast amount of car/van drivers. Just yesterday I was coming down a country lane where I knew it was not safe to overtake, so I took up the road somewhere between primary and secondar position, and yet a f'in white van man decided he wanted a go anyway. Well as you can guess, what comes around the bend but a car coming in the other direction and they nearly had a head on collision had I not backed off and let the van back in - not that I had any say on the matter! While cyclists need to learn to ride the roads properly, drivers also need proper training that if someone is taking the primary position, this means you should only overtake if you can do so safely as if you were overtaking a car, not try to squeeze through. I will now make sure I always hold the primary position properly in these cases so the feckers can't possibly try and squeeze past
  18. If they are all within 1-2HP of each other I would question which of them gives the best filtration as they are all giving pretty much the same level of flow. Did they measure filtration too?
  19. I had a 7" lilliput with the casing removed in my old 350z. The screen itself fit the whole perfectly, but the actual visible part (ie bit with the pixels) was ever so slightly smaller. I ended up just taping a small amount around the edge with black leccy tape to make it look neat
  20. ECU and BCM do some very weird things when the battery is dead. I'm guessing you'll need a new battery matey.
  21. This has come up on the MTB forums quite a lot. One of the reasons behind is is that they can make the packaging 100% recyclable from the home (ie can put it in your recycling bin). Not sure on those with polystyrene bits in them, but a lot of places use just cardboard now which is easily reused, and by only having limited sizes of boxes it makes their packaging cheaper even if they are sending larger boxes
  22. think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont have any children so couldnt car less I dont think anyone on this site can even claim they do otherwise they'd stop driving their cars, stop having holidays, quit their jobs and go live in the woods. Saying that Jay has been quiet for a while - anyone seen him?
  23. Its not global warming any more either - its Climate Change - can go either way
×
×
  • Create New...