Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Wrap the car up in tape? I assume it to get the car home stone chip free til the paint sets? I hear that masking tape works quite well.
  2. How did you pay? If it was over creditcard then launch the refund via them, they will get their money back
  3. Sail ye ship matey
  4. Yeah but you were very good in your day bud And star of 71 Degree's North - voted off not once, but twice! You're a bit out of shape these days mate I'm part of the MTB crew even though we have no hills darn sarf, I have to head to Mr AKs to have a good bike ride
  5. Anyone know if its on repeat on HD? Meant to record it and forgot. Cant get HD on iPlayer to work and want to watch it on the projector
  6. Return and full refund
  7. Hi Chris its on this link. 100in/lbs in their spec is a smidge more than 8ft/lbs, so mine will do it as checking the specs it goes down to 6ft/lbs. Saying that 8ft/lbs really is about as tight as you can get something with gloves on before they will move and stop you tightening, so should be good with that if the OP cant get a torque wrench.
  8. Sorry but you cant come on a forum as an unknown and not give any details to back up these "facts". Any decent reputable shop would tell you who they are before posting up such claims
  9. Posh part of Slough - wheres that then? joker
  10. plenty of cheaper petrol in london, more competition! Wasnt the case in Slough, it was about 5p/l more expensive than Basingstoke, which in itself isnt a very cheap place either
  11. If you are getting one of Jez's kits then doing it by hand sounds like it will be fine, just check them a week or so after you install it to make sure they are still tight. If you are near Basingstoke, I think I have a torque wrench that goes low enough. Anyone have the specifics? I have the smalles Halfords pro jobbie, think it goes down to 8ft-lb. IIRC the specs are 10ft-lb?
  12. Only part of a plan I have it to get fuel when the tank gets less than half full. If I spot a station and dont know where the next one is and I have less than half a tank, I will duck in and top up. In reality this only happens on long trips to the lakes or the hoon as any others I make sure I get fuel locally and have enough to get home. In France when we went this year all stations did 98RON so just filled up when I got to about 1/2 tank. You should be good to get most of the way there and a good way back on a tank, so just pop into a services to top up. I would do it before getting close to London so it doesnt get too expensive
  13. Most Tesco, BP or Shell will do Premium Unleaded (97+). I find that I can always get somewhere that sells it. I usually brim the tank before we leave at the local Tesco, then refill every time it gets to say half, so you know you always have between a half full and completely full tank. If you always have half a tank you can always fine some proper stuff and if you can, you are only mixing it with half a tank of good stuff
  14. The forum does nothing with pics from external IMG links, it just put them into the HTML (we dont download it this end or anything) - so it must have been some caching going on in your browser. Ctrl-F5 usually fixes it
  15. Troll or spammer - place your bets It is half term, maybe that has something to do with it
  16. Are you using Internet Explorer 9? If so you need to enable Compatibility View. Goto Tools > Compatibility View settings and add this site. Should then work after a restart.
  17. All I remember is lots of bends and Amanda making me slow down just before that photo as she felt sick Was good fun that road
  18. Make sure you keep it to the track too. We've had far too many people stick it in a hedge/kerb/ditch/tree (delete as appropriate) who thought they could handle the car. Not saying you cant, but not on the roads please Who? Dont like to name names, but not all incidents have been reported on the open forum - its not uncommon for members end up writing off their cars and move on One of the most widely known incidents was on the way back from a Wales run. Fortunately no one was hurt but the car didnt look good afer is spun and hit a kerb. This was on drying roads.
  19. Did we do that same bit when we went with you a few years ago? Remember the Cafe for sure. Will be sure to show Amanda to bring back memories of following you and losing the others behind
  20. Nope they all do it to some extent, darker colours appear less so IMO. And a lot more noticable in photos than in real life too
  21. Get it done
  22. Jay for such a physically fit man you are a total wuss - get a grip His body spends so much energy supporting his muscle mass, it has nothing left for the immune system
  23. Fair do's. My memory aint what it used to be. The nut is quite useful if you have to pop into a useless dealer as it does stop them putting the rear tyres on the front But under normal circumstances, completely useless.
  24. Looks good. I would have taken the orange one home though Looks on the door shuts like the OEM doesnt use the full pearl effect paint, and that you only get that on the main panels, hence yours being painted all over with pearl now looks a little odd. Very weird its not all done the same. Still the main thing is the match is much better from the outside
  25. took them from right under my nose you b4stard You snooze you loose on this forum
×
×
  • Create New...