Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. That's very odd. I can't see it doing anything worth while so I'd just bin it if it was me but then why was it there in the first place?! Absorbing noise maybe? Edit: Just did a search to see what I could unearth... Link to some more threads on it: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63177-airbox-foam-insert/ http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/181372-foam-packing-inside-stock-airbox.html https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=350z%20airbox%20with%20foam%20in%20it
  2. Very nice Gurrier. Enjoy your new Zed.
  3. Can you hear a motor going when you try the headlight washers G1en?
  4. Yep just Googled it and all the Americans are doing it, ...good for 20Bhp apparently. ;)
  5. Was that inside it? Pretty sure (99.9%) that my original airbox never had that inside of it although it has been a long time since I remember looking inside it. Maybe some current owners can check theirs for you. Failing that zmanalex would probably know.
  6. Sorry to see that Commander but glad you & the Mrs are unhurt as that's the main thing. If it's going through the insurance company then I wouldn't worry about how much it's going to cost, ...trust me though it will be a lot more than the £600 your paying for your excess. I'd guess similar to Erni & G with it being at least £1000 if not upwards of £2000 depending on the bodyshop. Hopefully all with go smoothly with the insurance company. Good luck.
  7. Totally understand how you're feeling. Still miss my Zed and am yet to find something that replaces the feelings I got from driving it & modding it. Sold - thread locked
  8. ^^ Sounds interesting/good marzman apart from the nausea. On the games front after completing "The Last of Us Remastered" on several difficulty levels I decided I'd had enough of that so with that in hand & "Just Cause 3" which I had also completed I traded them in at Game for "Mafia III". Well my Mrs actually paid the extra as a partial early birthday present. So far "Mafia III" is great fun. It's an open world game and feels a lot like GTAV in many ways although it's definitely different in its physics. I'm still in the early phases of the game with only an hour or two under my belt but so far it's got me gripped. Lovely gun play and the cars are excellent fun to drift around corners at high speed.
  9. Very cool little car. Remember it on GT.
  10. Locked at Ops request.
  11. Love the idea of that card Haydn but yeah it is such a shame that the execution by someone or something went t*ts up somewhere along the line.
  12. It's just poorly positioned on the V3 for the Zed. It's a right PITA to get out & back in again. It's doable though but just awkward.
  13. Moved to "Forum help". Hopefully one of the admins will be along shortly to help you with that as I don't know the answer sorry.
  14. Exactly both. Oh and it's still just a concept. @G ~ That cartoon gripped me btw. Just watched the whole thing.
  15. Welcome aboard Guy.
  16. Unless it's making a noise they should last the life of the engine from what I hear, ...the chain that is. The tensioners though may need changing due to wear but again it's not something you hear done very often although it might happen more often now with the cars getting older/higher mileage. The chains though can stretch and if that did happen your timing would be out so it should be throwing up the EML/error codes or at the very least be rattling I'd have thought as if the chain has stretched the chain would most likely be hitting the casing in that case (which causes the rattle from what I gather). I guess with the mileage getting as high as yours is it could be an issue but as you say the timing chain and tensioners have already been done at 90K miles by the previous owner then I really wouldn't worry about it (imo). Some more "related" threads: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59171-possible-timing-chain-needs-changing/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71799-timing-chain-noisechange/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/65092-cam-chain-change/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68978-cam-chain-tensioner/
  17. Just been reading about this Concept motorbike from BMW. I'm not into bikes really but I do appreciate most anything with an engine especially if it looks as cool as this. Copied & pasted the blurb from the article below.... Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/bmw-self-driving-motorbike-concept-is-so-safe-you-dont-need-a-helmet-you-absolutely-do_uk_57ff407be4b0010a7f3dbb50?
  18. Love how it looks from the rear Whitevanman. Personally I'd leave it de-badged but up to you.
  19. Cant log onto the link ATTAK. Z. There you go.
  20. Moved. Great looking helmet, GLWTS.
  21. Definitely need some more pics. Looks pretty good though.
  22. Yeah but just look at the state of that thing you drive now... That's a tad harsh. I mean I didn't think it looked too bad, ...well that was until he added the aeroplane wing. ;)
×
×
  • Create New...