Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. I think that looks pretty good, ...apart from the gullwing doors. Never really liked those on anything but a Mercedes Benz 300SL.
  2. Happy Birthday guys.
  3. Welcome back, ....hope you enjoy the Zed just as much second time around.
  4. Welcome aboard. Nice Fairlady.
  5. Welcome aboard.
  6. Don't do that to me Mike, ....I almost got my wallet out then as it's very convincing.
  7. Maybe some helpful info for you Tom in these three threads. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15611-what-you-need-to-upgrade-your-350z-audio-system/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/55445-wiring-in-a-new-hu-this-guide-may-help/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58947-reduced-sound-out-put-after-replacing-oe-bose/
  8. Ugly Porsche imo but supposed to be a good drive. Still better than a van though.
  9. It's a double din head unit so you shouldn't have any problems with fitting I'd imagine. Also I have seen another Zed with a 7" screen in it so again I can't see it being a problem tbh. Very nice btw.
  10. Fair play as I think it definitely take's some balls doing that.
  11. Put the URL in between "Youtube" tags but as Ekona advised me take the "s" off the http as the forum doesn't like it. [media] [/media] Edit: Dam you Matt.
  12. Ahh well done Chirag and congrats on the engagement, ...lovely looking lady. I can't believe how calm you looked though tbh. Think I'd be sh**ting it to be jumping out of a plane at any height bar on the ground.
  13. Fair enough Ricky. I'll probably be looking at the Mishimoto one in the future that ChrisB has just bought as we like copying each other. Ah Gareth my good man, that's a heck of a bit of timing you have there, I have a black one with red brackets that's never been used that I can do you a deal on That's very good of you but maybe see if Josh (Bodyboarder81) wants it as I'm sticking with my Rutland OCC just for now (after all it is working). Definitely be looking at changing that though in the long term so if you post it up for sale post the link in here so we can all take a nosey.
  14. Plasti Dipped cars - They look like cake Great, ...now I want some frickin' cake and I don't have any. Cheers Matt.
  15. Fair enough Ricky. I'll probably be looking at the Mishimoto one in the future that ChrisB has just bought as we like copying each other.
  16. You say forget the Rutland one Ricky but as space can be a problem it is an ideal size plus you will find that it doesn't fill up as quickly as you might think. I'd estimate you could do over a thousand miles before it was even close to the top ~ I check mine every two weeks emptying it regularly as part of my vehicle checks/fluid top ups so it's size is really not an issue. If you do go for a Rutland OCC it's the 10mm fittings you need. In saying that though if you can find somewhere to mount a bigger OCC then that's fine and not a bad thing at all. ChrisB has used a Mishimoto oil catch can which is a fantastic piece of kit. Mishimoto oil catch can: http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/mishimoto-baffled-oil-catch-can.html ChrisB fitting his Mishimoto OCC: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86592-precious-got-a-supercharger/page__st__80 After looking just now though Mishimoto do a smaller & cheaper catch can which I would consider up to the job: http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/compact-baffled-oil-catch-can-2-port.html 10mm Non return valve: http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/nylon-non-return-valve-10mm (Ideally you want two of these ~ one for the PCV system & one between the brake servo & plenum) Some info here about the brake servo non return valve setup: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92285-brake-delay-when-hitting-at-top-revs/ Picture of my non return valve from my OCC to the plenum... More info on the PCV system in this FI thread (specifically post number 14): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82588-vortech-supecharging-technical-and-reliability-thread/ 10mm I/D Gates fuel/oil hose is what I used: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GATES-Reinforced-Fuel-Hose-Heat-Oil-Resistant-4mm-5mm-6mm-7mm-8mm-10mm-ID-/330803508813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4d056cf64d On the passenger side of my PCV system the hose is quite a bit bigger though and in order to not restrict it I used a breather filter on the outside of the pipe rather than internally. This meant I needed a 25mm breather filter. Like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Air-Breather-Filters-Small-Crankcase-Oil-Mist-Mini-Fuel-Engine-Car-Quad-/190885445618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2c71a8bff2 Hope that helps.
  17. I thought it was like 30Bhp loss tbh ~ so a Zed with 450Bhp@fly would be 420Bhp@hub. 500Bhp@fly would be 470Bhp@hub.
  18. It's about 480/490 at the fly (430 at the wheels) taking into account the 15% loss number that everyone chucks about. I think Grundy is just being generous Very generous. That's "pub" figures.
  19. ^^ Same. It only usually takes me around an hour to do my car inside & out each week, ...occasionally I spend longer prior to winter or if I was going to a show or something like that. Always cleaned my cars myself and also feel like it's a good work out of sorts too so helps keep me fit.
  20. Sounds pretty good and liked seeing the little flames . Although, ...the description states 500Bhp?! A little poetic licence there or has Ian had a remap to gain some more horses we don't know about.
  21. Very sad news and I did read about this yesterday but decided against posting anything due to the death of the spectator. RIP. It's not the first time this type of "freak" accident has happened though and imo it won't be the last although hopefully it will be the last with a fatality.
  22. Snap! The cool gang.
×
×
  • Create New...