Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. If that bothers you then you are only ever going to end up with a car which he likes or approves of & not what you want or like. Personally I think as long as you're happy with the car you own who gives a monkeys what other people think. Anyway getting back to the first 2 cars you mentioned then... BMW 535D ~ M Sport version, 2007, 70K miles with the more powerful 282Bhp engine here for £12K: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607296290614?search-target=usedcars&make=bmw&model=5_series&price-to=12000&fuel-type=diesel&zero-to-60=fast&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&postcode=cf832nq&page=1&sort=pricedesc&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=2 Audi A6 3.0 TDi Le Mans ~ 2009, 60K miles with Sat Nav etc here for £11990: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604193114090?search-target=usedcars&make=audi&model=a6_saloon&price-to=12000&fuel-type=diesel&zero-to-60=fast&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&postcode=cf832nq&page=1&sort=pricedesc&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&body-type=saloon&logcode=p&adPos=2 Of those two cars for me it would be a difficult decision as I prefer the exterior look of the BMW and its slightly better performance (0-60 although not much in it) but then I much prefer the interior in the Audi as well as it's 4wd Quattro system which would be useful in bad weather (although not a necessity in this country). Also the specs list for both cars is very, very good so in short it really would come down to personal preference, possibly any insurance cost differences, driving each to see which one was preferred driving/seating position wise etc or flipping a coin.
  2. ^^ Looks very cool SHEZZA.
  3. Like it a lot Ian. Looks fantastic & definitely unique now.
  4. Was thinking after reading that would people actually mod the Aerodeck? The answer is yes, ...yes they would.
  5. Same here now. GLWTS Crusty.
  6. Some great looking Zeds there & other cars. Brilliant pics.
  7. Welcome aboard. Zed looks great & plenty of scope for mods.
  8. Yep pictures don't work for me either. Hopefully Crusty Crab will reappear & sort the pictures out ASAP.
  9. Moved to the correct section Darren, ...hope you enjoy the Zed & its new found power.
  10. GMballistic

    GT-Four

    Tbh I like the de-badged look although the "GT-FOUR" badge is pretty special. What about getting the "Toyota" badge off the back as well? Think it would look much better with them all off tbh.
  11. What are you trying to do firstly? If you are trying to reset the ECU in order to cancel the EML then you don't need to do that part at all as that is a separate procedure for "Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning". Below is all you need for the ECU reset if that is what you want to do...
  12. Try zmanalex or Emperor Tuning for a good used condition oil cap if you do find you still need one or for a new item maybe Clark Motorsport. Failing that just get an aftermarket one. Torqen, Tarmac Sportz etc etc in the trading area will be able to sort you out with that.
  13. What about a Jag? ...XF or something??
  14. Newer doesn't always mean more reliable nor does less miles mean more reliable imo. Personally I agree with what Dan has said for the most part. I was looking at the BMW M5 as one possible option for myself before I bought my Audi S3. One here for under £12K: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606084733959?search-target=usedcars&price-to=12000&zero-to-60=very-fast&quantity-of-doors=4&postcode=cf832nq&searchcontext=default&radius=50&page=1&sort=pricedesc&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=1
  15. ^ What they all said. My mate bought a MK1 VW Polo for much the same purpose for £150 once & it ran for 2 years with no issues before he eventually got rid of it.
  16. Great picture.
  17. Don't mind the look of these at all.
  18. It is but I think that's the point. Basically to create a contrast between the good looking, well polished car and the dark, dirty back drop.
  19. Not bad performance wise (0-62 sub 5 secs) the Ford Focus RS especially now as they're 4WD. I'd love a drive in one although as you say Josh the interior doesn't look the best. Still a decent car though overall and I bet it's a good fun drive.
  20. I don't understand what you mean by "special" business? ...do you mean "special" deliveries? like UPS or something? Maybe you should explain in more detail and use pictures if you need to. Note: That was a joke ~ I get what you mean and do not put naughty pics up or you may get in trouble.
  21. What a shame Jim and I know exactly what it's like driving a very long way to see a car described by a trader/dealer as excellent (in ads & over the phone) only to get there & find it's not as described. I actually drove one day earlier this year from where I live in South Wales to North Yorkshire (8+hr 500+mile round trip) to view an R33 GTR that was described as great condition. After 5 minutes of looking at the car I found that 1st gear synchro was shot and no way it would go into gear. Good luck with the Zed hunt and don't forget to keep a keen eye on the Zeds for sale section on here.
  22. I like it a lot although I'm not a fan of the stripes sorry. Hoping these will drop in price over the years as I'd love to buy one in the future, ...still need to tick owning a V8 off my car list.
  23. Moved your thread to the correct area. Good of you to give these away. I have allowed it but only because the tickets are free and because they will be collected by someone in person. The rules are there in the trading area sub sections which must be adhered to in future but in this instance I've allowed it. Will lock this thread though once the event is underway tomorrow.
×
×
  • Create New...