Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Done Sweden a few times, both North and South. There is nothing to do or see The scenery is beautiful and the roads are all good, but short of the ice hotel waaay up north, there's nothing worth noting in my opinion.
  2. I fear there's a typo in here
  3. They just rolled into Belfast today. It was the Cannonball.ie guys, they did a lap of Scotland
  4. It was a cert that at least one was going to get damaged. I hate to mention it, but after watching the girls forget how to change gears, steer and remove their feet from the accelerator, it's just fuelled many stereotypes about women drivers.
  5. Probably this, they're not allowed to pull you over for no reason, they must have a suspicion of unlawful activity. The were probably pulling you to see if they could "smell alcohol" or something and then when they realised you were clean they let you go. The police can actually pull over anyone they want for any reason, that includes spot checks or just because they felt like it.
  6. Takeda all the way
  7. They're orange tuner nuts. Finding steel ones might be a challenge and alloy ones can be quite soft and cause problems.
  8. Hot/warm water will always be better for cleaning, but cold water does just fine. Same when you do the dishes, hot water softens the dirt better
  9. The plate system only detects tax, mot and insurance, it doesn't list the registered owners details. These details can be got quite easy, though. It's a simple case of mistaken identity, nothing more.
  10. But why would they do that if they 'knew' who it was? Sunset Zeds are quite a rare car on the roads, so it's acceptable to think they knew who was driving. IMO
  11. I don't refuse to see the light, I just point blank can't afford to pay £800 + on tyres Think they are done to 600ish for the 50 now. As 19's for the 70 are 800. Yup, it annoys me that 2 years ago I put Kumho KU39s on the zed for what is MPSS money now
  12. I use that term "line out" very loosely by the way
  13. And this is one of my points, if he could have got a local labourer in for £80 a day then thats what your value was People in Ekona's trade rarely get out of bed until they need to cancel until another day anyway And my point is - that it was never about money... It was favour for favour. Just like he said - he spent £1200 on just materials...other body shops laughed at that and said they could do 4 cars for that lol £1200 on material to do your front end and this was after you paid £100 towards paint? I assume this was his first job and he's including the cost of the gun and compressor? Haha by the looks of it lol he said it cost him £1200 in materials (yea, that's after I paid £100 towards paint), that doesn't include booth time and labour Holy @*!#, all these other shop charging £4-600 for a front end respray must be losing a clean fortune! Unless of course your mate used gold tape to line out the grill and lip?
  14. Gumtree
  15. And this is one of my points, if he could have got a local labourer in for £80 a day then thats what your value was People in Ekona's trade rarely get out of bed until they need to cancel until another day anyway And my point is - that it was never about money... It was favour for favour. Just like he said - he spent £1200 on just materials...other body shops laughed at that and said they could do 4 cars for that lol £1200 on material to do your front end and this was after you paid £100 towards paint? I assume this was his first job and he's including the cost of the gun and compressor?
  16. I'm pretty sure the face of the watch won't be lit up all the time
  17. ^^ I think the price Vlad puts on his time is irrelevant, a deal was struck whereby Vlad helps him out for a few days and in return gets his front end sprayed. Seems simples and would be simples to a competent bodyshop, something that this cowboy clearly isn't. No money has changed hands so Vlad hasn't a leg to stand on, so I think bad mouthing them is the least he should do. Next step take it to the local paper
  18. It has the summer performance if you're driving a derv Golf, I wouldn't want to push the M6 or even a Zed on them, however. Just run summers all year round, winter aint that bad anyway
  19. KyleR

    Wheel Help Needed

    Basically cars stranded at the garage at the moment, I bought the car last year when new tyres had already been fitted, whoever fitted tyres and refitted the wheels used short stubby wheel nuts which have been forced deep into the rim and have buried themselves into the alloy itself. They have tried everything to get them out but some still remain as there is no purchase on the nuts which are all rounded off. Proper aftermarket bolts should have been fitted so looks like they may have to be drilled/cut out. The garage will try to save the alloys which I can then refurbish but it may come down to putting on new ones. At least they will be black then Oh wow! Not good news at all! I wouldn't like to tell you what WILL fit because I'm not familiar with the G's, but on a 350 the perfect set-up is regarded as 9.5x19 front and 10.5x19 rear both with an offset of +20
  20. Guilty until proven innocent... Apparently PS. I'm also a thicko it seems
  21. I fear that a bit of rust on your weights is a real non problem. No one will ever notice them apart from you, but if it really bothers you that much, I'm sure a tyre fitter would put new ones on for a tenner.
  22. KyleR

    Wheel Help Needed

    Whats wrong with the wheels that are currently on there?
  23. Tad pricy aren't they? The Sport version isn't too bad at £300, but £180 more because it's made form SS and a different scratch resistant glass? The straps are stupid prices too if, like me, you're not a fan of the rubber stuff. I haven't got UK price ATM but you're talking $50 for a different coloured rubber version, $250 for leather and a whopping $500 for metal, which may or may not be SS. I'm also pretty sure these prices will translate £ for $ too. The Edition version is a pure joke, not only is £8000 for a 'smart' watch ridiculous, but £5000 extra on top of that for a different strap with a few grams extra gold
  24. I would go for silver, but maybe a little darker than the bright OEM.
  25. Is there anything wrong with your washer jets? You could probably get a 2nd hand shock for £30 off someone on here who has upgraded to coilovers. The price of replaces the 2 arms is a joke, always has been and always will be. Talk to ^^ Mitz ^^ and he'll sort you out for about 10% of the quoted price.
×
×
  • Create New...