Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. On the mainland you have no need for washers, so get the V2 and be done with it
  2. A car sitting ticking over doesn't really charge the battery, at best it'll keep the charge, remember that the car is only turning over at about 700 rpm and has to power 6 coils and whatever lights, LEDs, air con etc that may be on. As Ekona said, you really gotta get her out for a decent drive to get some charge into it.
  3. I recently had a V2 fitted and asked the bodyshop to see if the washers could be fitted. They told me it could be done, but it would be a whole hell of a lot if work and even then we didn't check to see the the washer caps would fit flush to the bumper as it's shaped at different angles than the OEM or V1. I also read somewhere that something isn't long enough, but I can't remember what it was. Ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and would ruin the look of the bumper a little. Let's just hope the mot tester agrees with me
  4. Yup, I'm well aware but I'm happy to be actually insured to drive on the road with all mods declared unlike many many others who could have trouble in the case if a claim. Also their optional cover is pathetic, £25 and they'll cover mods like for like up to £500 or 10% of the value of the car, which ever is lower. So basically if you put a new set of wheels on only 2 of them will be paid for Needless to say I declined that offer of additional modification cover.
  5. Might be worth noting that N/A Zeds will loose power with this intake plenum, although it does look awesome, especially with the Kinetics carbon cover
  6. Admiral is actually 6, it was confirmed to me when I was on the phone to them last month adding the bodykit. Also with admiral it's 6 areas, not individual mods. You could easily have 3-4 mods for suspension alone, camber arms, springs etc etc, but to admiral this is only one mod, as the arms are required to bring the toe and camber back into factory tolerances. Other companies will treat things differently, but luckily Admiral don't. Another example is exhaust mods. It's listed as "exhaust/manifold changed" so if I fit HFCs or different manifolds at a later date it's already included on my policy
  7. I've seen replicas from the Neatherlands but can't comment on the fit. Also seen the bumper and spoiler pop up on eBay before at good prices.
  8. Not sure if it's market dependent but I've definitely seen the bulging tyre symbol on a dash in google images before and my workshop manual confirms that its at the bottom left of the dials
  9. You misunderstand me What I as trying to say was: if you want a 30mm drop, the Apex are good for the money, of course if you want a better ride/handling you'll have to spend almost twice the price for the same drop or drop half the height for about £50-60 more by buying Teins. I imagine the Apex to be pretty hard, harder than the Eibachs which are harder than stock as it is. So if you want a nice drop and a non bone shattering ride, coilovers would probably be the easiest bet as you can adjust the dampening and possibly the spring rate if you've really splashed out. But, this is all irrelevant as the OP is just asking if the Apex springs are complete crap, value for money and the best in the their price range, which in my opinion, they are good value and I can't think of any other 30mm(ish) springs for around the same cash.
  10. Thanks, was not going to buy anything this big, or atleast that was what my wallet was telling me But then i saw the christmas deal at arkperformance, it was like 700 pounds for the full system, and i did not have the meds for my Zeditis That's a bloody bargain
  11. For the money they're pretty hard to beat and if someone was that interested or worried about the handling, they'd be getting coilovers rather than just springs. No set of springs is going to destroy the handling and bang for buck the Apex seem pretty good. For twice the price with the same drop the Eiba h are supposed to be better handling springs but they'll still not be even close to a full set of coilovers. If you're not tracking the car or riding it hard, buy them, they'll do the job
  12. The other half got me the Summit strut brace for the car and my brother bought me the Ferrari steering wheel for my T500rs. Both awesome gifts! Parents bought me slippers and a dressing gown, I think they're trying to tell me something
  13. Very good communication, in fact, excellent comms, but my carbon V2 was a pretty bad fit. It's about 95% fine now after 6 days with the bodyshop. If I wanted perfect fitment I'd of had to spend twice as much on a genuine bumper and only save £50 on fitting.
  14. Unless you're used to riding super motos the Japspeed will be waaay too loud!
  15. Can you actually see it shake rattle and roll or just hear it?
  16. Mine heats both, but I always put it on high, maybe the low setting only heats the back or base?
  17. Nice car Dek are you sure about the last service date of Jan 2012? It's not Jan 2013 is it by any chance? Otherwise it's already a year past the service date
  18. Budget is very important! Also it won't a scorpion cat back, it'll be Y pipe back and you'll have to cough up another £200+ for a Y pipe. Still a very good deal for what it is, but doesn't the Typhoon contain more than just a bent pipe and air filter? I think it should be a pipe from the throttle body to an inclosed air filter in a black box which leads to another pipe which collects cool air from behind the grill. Anyway, back to the important stuff. Money, how much are you looking us to spend for you?
  19. Carbon roof would really set it off
  20. They also do 265/35/19 and 235/35/19 for those of us on larger rims that don't have Rays laying around for track days. They've only got a 0.03% front to rear ratio difference compared to the normal 275/35 and 245/35 that we all use so they'll be fine Just have to find some now!
  21. That's the TS I want And me and everyone else I'm gonna wait to see what Tarmac can do. You gonna paint yours and may leave the fins carbon? Would look awesome!
  22. £30 off? 5% No point rushing for that. They also do this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seibon-Carbon-Bonnet-Nissan-350Z-2007-08-TS-Style/261048649880?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D74%26meid%3D3621147306750046337%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D261048646742%26 Under £600 and they may get a few orders.
  23. The V12s are a good tyre so I wouldn't expect any cracks about them, especially at 30-40% off
  24. Get some large bags of silica and leave it in a tub over night or buy moisture traps from eBay
  25. I'm very bored of the buy something else mpg response, especially when it's in a thread asking why it suddenly got so bad from being pretty decent.
×
×
  • Create New...