Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Supernatural is a hard wax from dodo juice...the results thus:
  2. Still not sure what the point is then, if you have gone to the trouble of washing the car, and you want it to looks its best, why short cut with a cheap product that only lasts 'weeks'? I can understand people wanting a one stop shop for cleaning ie skipping the water part, which of course will result in massive swirls, but if you are washing it, why skip the bit that adds so much more? I wouldn't even use this on our family ford focus with 82k on the clock...dodo juice super natural, usually good for up to 3 months. Give it a wash and it looks as good as it has when it has just been waxed.
  3. It has chemicals in it which will impress and shine for when you are done but: A. It will have just created a lot of swirl damage which isn't instantly obvious B. Will last about a day before it just gets rained off and looks awful again Do it properly, wash, polish and wax and see the longer term benefits (which will look better than these short cut shine products) as the wax looks after the paintwork and the future value of your car
  4. Been discussed a few times on here, a few advocates for it kicking around, but most people stick to the tried and tested approach of using water. I mean, would you have a shower without water and think all is ok
  5. It's a shame most of them are made up, but otherwise very funny reading
  6. Plenty of cat C VX220s were kicking around just because of a couple of panels worth of damage...when it costs £2k+ per panel...the difference between cat C and D shouldnt be defined by structural vs non damage.
  7. Do tell mate, we are a considerate bunch of good listeners
  8. Absolute Zed legends you guys - good work
  9. Give it a few weeks, it could change
  10. If the internet has done anything, it has shown how illiterate some people in the UK can be! Doesn't someone somewhere have a signature that says 'Its bought, not brought' which I thought was rather good.
  11. Helaireous 'Massive' service history, 'massive' alloys, 'massive' brembo calipers - seems like a 'massive' car to me! What an utter twonk.
  12. Yeh, but you drive a Vauxhall! Not anymore!
  13. 313bhp vs 300bhp is what, 4% difference? Personally I can't tell the difference between cars with 4% power increase. So that's the numbers out the way! Just go for as best an example as you can afford, a tatty battered 313 is never going to be as much a lovely car to own as a well cared for 300, you will soon forget that 4% power difference.
  14. Merry Christmas Dave (3-0, 2-1)
  15. Must admit I stole the idea, it was on another forum, hilarious reading through it!
  16. We often see people wanting a rant to get things off their chest, how about a 'rant forum' under the Off Topic Discussion forum? Maybe we could call it the 'Therapy Forum'
  17. Indeed I did!
  18. Flame thrower! I use something from Halfords actually which is excellent, I think its called G3 Detox Shampoo.
  19. Just to update - the guy got his new V5 through in the post today after we decided to 'wait and see' - indeed London isn't full of nasty folk but in fact has some good guys who will see lost mail in the street and post it on your behalf!
  20. Lots of talk of slapping on the glazes and the like every two months, which is good, but I would really advise the use of a detox shampoo not a normal shampoo prior to that bit of work. Although waxes do wear down over time, there will still be patches of it on the car when you reapply new polish and wax, for a really well prepared even start to the two monthly wax process I detox the car so all wax is stripped and you are starting with a clean surface, normal waxes wont do that.
  21. Speed Bump hell!
  22. The Gruppe M was the best induction kit I have ever bought for any car. At first I couldn't believe the prices of them but then one day I saw a second hand one in need of TLC for £350 odd on eBay. Bought it and never regretted it. Plus when I took it off my car when I was selling up I managed to get £420 for it on an auction so made a profit. Thinking of getting a Stillen induction kit for my Zed one day next year just for a bit more induction noise. Have you heard the stillen induction noise? I had one on my Zed, its more discreet than you might think and makes quite a different noise compared to your pop chargers and the like.
  23. Happy birthday mate!
  24. As ever though, memorabilia is always more valuable than the product itself
×
×
  • Create New...