Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    Next car?

    Yeah I saw your name then your avatar! I am tempted, the auto seems to have a manual over-ride so you can at least blip up and down? If I did get one I wouldn't be the outcast at each Zed meet ongoing I guess I did spend a lot of money and time working on my previous Zed, would feel like I have to do it all again if I got one of these...
  2. ...who we think would be good and fit the bill.
  3. coldel

    Next car?

    Bit too chavvy, I am old (38)
  4. Most people that weld end up replacing within a year from what I have seen, if you dont have the cash handy, get it welded and save up for a decent aftermarket unit. Don't by the 'infinity' branded tat off ebay for 200 quid or whatever, if you want a budget unit spend the extra to get a scorpion or cobra back box.
  5. What was the drive like from Sydney? I flew from Sydney to Melbourne and looking down it looked very sparse! Were you belting along open roads
  6. Saw some clown say how four other cars are much better than the Zed, just going to play with him now...
  7. coldel

    Next car?

    I never thought I would let anyone near my car when cleaning except me, look what happened!
  8. Good stuff Lexx...enjoy!
  9. coldel

    Next car?

    We have two cars, a ford focus for the wife and I did have my VX. Would I put Alfie in the VX, not a chance. I want to be able to take Alfie out with me for drives, with the option to take the wife also on occasions that dictate it. I also want a car that I can go out in myself and really enjoy. The Zed doesn't cover that, nor does the VX. It must have four seats and still be sporty but I dont want a bland audi/bmw rep mobile. Yes when the child is really small, you can go off doing your think in your Zed or whatever. But when they start to interact, help clean the car, love sitting in it with you and saying 'daddy car' you do have an overwhelming urge to want to take them out with you - so here I am...you got it all to look forwards to
  10. coldel

    Next car?

    S15 a bit too much, G35 not off the list, just a bit concerned about the resale hassle, think it would be more than the others and the cost price is a bit high. That said, it would mean I would be allowed to park in the car park at the ace cafe meets, I think!
  11. It is technically winter, but hell I just sold a VX at a premium so its doable. What I would suggest it write a structured advert, yours seems to have been written as and when you remembered things about the car. Group together the good points into Interior/Exterior/Engine etc and give the ad sub titles so I can get straight in my head what I am looking at. Most people have video functionality on their phones, do a walk around and fire up the engine so people can hear it ticking over etc. Stick it on You Tube and you can link it in adverts. You havent mentioned any 'bad points' which a ten year old car must have...be up front about it so anyone viewing already has taken that into account. If you want to give the impression of 'discount' offer alternative pricing, say you will knock off £400 or something if you put the original wheels back on. You can then make up the money selling the Jades. The wrap is the potential killer here, my own personal opinion (and maybe of other potential buyers and not in anyway meant to offend) is that the matte wrap thing has been and gone, it was a bit of a fad from what other people say to me. There is a buyer out there for this, but you are going to have to play the waiting game to hunt them down. Or you remove the wrap and take the hit on losing your money on what was a very niche styling choice on your part.
  12. coldel

    Next car?

    Finding myself looking at a Celica GT4 (which would get some exterior enhancements to bring it up to date) or an R33/R34 dependant on budget. Very nice but a bit pricey http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46124
  13. When I bought my Zed a few years back the guy had no fuel in it at all, sitting on the needle on red. I drove it off with sat nav searching for the nearest petrol garage and just hoped. I had 19L in my VX when I sold it at the weekend!
  14. coldel

    Next car?

    Just need to find a dealer local and take one for a spin...I don't hate autos, I just never choose to drive them and I enjoy manuals. I might like them, but not sure!
  15. Something I'll be looking at in the future no doubt. I've spent enough on her this year already (P3, respray, wheel refurb, 4xMPSS, Cobra, brakes....) so it will be something to buy next year along with a plethora of other upgrades no doubt. Zeditus is a cruel illness. I put on braided lines, about £70 for a set, its a bit of a faff but transforms the braking.
  16. I would be having it away with Dana Scully whilst Elton John and Harry Potter hold off the undead
  17. coldel

    Next car?

    Nothing a little addition to the front lip wouldn't sort...
  18. coldel

    Next car?

    Yes saw that, obviously looking past the silly stickers its a decent car, although I have to try and get my head around having an automatic Looks nice http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R33-Nissan-Skyline-in-black-/271331264450 Although the Celica GT4s are knocking around a bit cheaper http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-Toyota-Celica-GT-Four-ST205-GT4-Late-Spec-/321253794886
  19. Knock twenty quid off and they should sell - I always used Nissan fluids in my Zed, tried other branded stuff but this was much better, especially for the gearbox over winter, couldn't recommend it enough.
  20. coldel

    Next car?

    Indeed!
  21. coldel

    Next car?

    VX Sold
  22. coldel

    Next car?

    Stunning, less than £6k?? £4600 . Needed a fair bit of tlc but not a lot of money , but then I can do most things myself Wow, that is making me think. I have a family of car mechanics, so mechanically, I have no labour costs. Can do simple spray work myself (interior panels and the like), could be a good project! Oh and no badge snob (I did own a VX after all) but the hyundai is not for me.
  23. Scary. Just so weird it happened in a car crash. Sad news.
×
×
  • Create New...