Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Loving the central exhaust, just looks stunning without looking too over the top, even though it is!
  2. Have the say, the 911 is starting to actually look like a supercar!
  3. On other car forums people have drilled holes in the standard box for noise changes, anyone tried it on here?
  4. I know! Maybe I should change my username to evilcoldel? Seriously though apologies, only had a jest because it was Daves thread who I have met enough times to have a joke with...I think! The fact that I attended meets in a beat up old ford focus for 8 months and organised one without actually being a zed owner I am pretty sure shows I respect the car and their owners! Peace.
  5. You know I still eBay search for zed stuff!
  6. ...I was waiting for a joke about West Ham somewhere there Dave!
  7. I am however a very disrespectful and evil man
  8. Yeah I guess you could be right, I do know everything thats going on, although its still a bit scary pushing on when there is surface water about!
  9. Just some banter and a bit of a craic flexi I still go along to Z meets because I like the owners and the cars
  10. coldel

    WOW Pit Fire.

    Mental photo - I know its a bit off, but the guy on fire is in some sort of comedy pose, looks like he is running along thumbs up!
  11. Nope the lardy 350s are in that bracket also
  12. Nah you are talking about barges not cars
  13. Pah, you bunch of big girls blouses. Try driving with no fandangled electronic aids
  14. Just watch the last 2 minutes of the 2nd video Sounds a bit like mine, but doesn't corner quite as quickly, otherwise the GT3 isn't a bad car
  15. A guy on the VX forum gets his mother to make them yes I am a girl but they are in great nick and super comfy!
  16. Gets a bit nippy in there nowadays so applied a roof liner - very pleased with the results!
  17. With England, it will be a good thing when the likes of Gerrard, Lampard etc are all finally flushed through the system. Almost feels like we have to take the hit for a few years by selecting a new crop of players and sticking with them when we get beat just like Germany did five years or so ago. Almost feels like the England team put out there is put there not to lose, not put there with a chance of winning.
  18. Most people will support their home leagues (unless you are Japanese in which case they support whatever league David Beckham was playing in and the Brazil national team!). I grew up watching Serie A on channel 4!
  19. I think there are 23 nominations, 4 out of that is not a lot from the self proclaimed best league in the world. I think saying the Spanish league is just two teams is somewhat naive, I didn't see the Premiership champions roll over Sociedad the other night. If I look at mid table of the Prem at the moment I would be looking at West Brom vs Hull City, in Serie A right now it's AC Milan vs Udinese - hardly day and night as to which would prove better quality. The Prem has only really been won by Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd in general with the odd appearance of Blackburn and Man City throwing the money at it. No different to Barca and Real wining the league regularly and certainly Serie A is more open. Certainly Athletico Madrid are a match for most teams in Europe. Back to my original point that you said it has all the best players, which clearly isn't true.
  20. Robbie Savage was never a hard man, come on!
  21. I'll stick to being a Neanderthal I think....I know who I'd rather look up to What about this fella, never dives, takes loads of knocks and never goes down, so all round tough guy which is what every player should be
  22. Would have to strongly disagree with paragraph one there mate, strongly. Snoozefest? 1986 the Lineker and Beardsley partnership for England was brilliant for example. Anyone that followed the Hammers would know of immensely skillful players like Alan Devonshire, hell even Liam Brady in his latter years. I remember watching games played on bogs of pitches that would have most premier league players turning their noses up with their ballet shoe boots on yet seeing Kevin Keen skipping across the surface down the wings. The premier league has 'all the best players'? What like Ronaldo and Messi? The ballon d'or trophy this year has a total of 4 players from the premier league in it out of some twenty odd nominations. No the premier league despite its best efforts to convince us via Sky Sports is not the runaway best league in the world, its probably the highest paying, but is hardly the league with the best players.
  23. Yep it is. Lots of it is well placed though again it gets no coverage whatsoever. I was at a Man Utd Sunderland game once at Old Trafford, they absolutely played Sunderland off the pitch but their travelling fans kept singing. At the end of the game all the Man Utd fans stood, faced the Sunderland fans and gave them a good 30 seconds round of applause! Probably the same weekend some one completely dissociated with football threw a flare on the pitch and made the news... The referees in football have no power whatsoever. It doesn't take a genius to lip read what some players get away with when they talk to referees. Its disgusting. I like the idea of sin bins and they are desperately needed in football. Football shouldnt emulate rugby (calling in replays etc as it would soon take away the frenetic appeal that football has) but a few simple changes to give the ref back his power would make a massive diffference.
  24. I would not disagree with you Rich, although painting rugby as a shining example is a little tainted. Plenty of players being banned for all sorts in rugby from gouging eye to spitting, deliberate stamping on people and various other serious offences. It just doesn't get the media coverage. I remember the FA trying to impose foreigner restrictions but it was booted out by the clubs (who felt they couldn't compete without having the capability to field their best team regardless of nationality) and that by imposing that rule you restricted the rules in place for working within and across the EU. Although I would be the first person to stick my hand up for a yes to go back to that. The problem with football is not the players, its the rules within the game and the way they are administered. As soon as automatic reds for raising hands, last ditch tackles etc came into play players were going down left right and centre to get other players sent off, and it continued from there.
  25. Unfortunately for football, there is a lot to gain by play acting and lots of players are very good at it. In rugby, very little to gain hence why you don't see it as much. (not that I watch much rugby outside internationals). I remember footy in the 80's and players having a go and staying on their feet no problem. Its not that the players of today are physically weak its just that there is nothing to gain by staying on your feet vs an opposition player who will go to ground to gain an advantage. Shame really. There was an interesting experiment by Barnet FC a few years back, they self imposed a rule on the players that they could not speak to the referee at all unless spoken to and if there was a required in game conversation by the ref only the captain could speak to him. Actually made for a better game, but the feeling was they then couldn't leverage that pressure on the ref that other teams do so well (the constant chatter from the likes of Roy Keane during a match was well known to sway decisions).
×
×
  • Create New...