-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
I remember 1st to 2nd was a problem, grab some proper Nissan gear oil with molyslip makes a big difference. BT, yeah I ended up having a right argument with it - Pardon?! Are you taking the BEEP! Stop saying Pardon. I am speaking really clearly its effin obvious what I am saying! Mount the phone in a cradle and press buttons.
-
Sorry its not Nissan, but a great set of cars none the less! https://www.google.com/maps?ll=36.494182,140.267944&spn=0.511157,0.891953&cbp=12,113.69,,1,0&layer=c&panoid=tB_dM3PHPBNi8y1LdmeO-g&cbll=36.527093,140.226548&t=m&z=11
-
Thats a good call Will
-
I think you are not reading my post fully, I said, yes there could be a difference of 3% say in a lab but out on the road you put your foot down for 2 minutes and that difference is gone. Is it effectively day and night in reality, not at all. I guess being IT then to be the same things have to have an identical code frame or the like. Which is fine but being a statistician you dont look for things to be identical, you try to measure a difference, which is different to measuring if something is identical. In the real world, it is almost impossible to find two things you can test alongside which makes the test identical, which is why you have statistical difference testing. Simply being 1% different (be it chemically or otherwise) is not actually different given certain variability from a statisticians point of view. Nice clash of careers as understanding the same concept me thinks ... There is an interesting article done by a uni in Australia on its cyclists. They tested them exercising until they lost 5% water content in their bodies, then rehydrated them with nothing, water and sports hydration drinks. Clearly the ones that took on water did better than the ones who started exercising again without anything. Actually the sports drinkers did better than the water drinkers - advertising you often see on TV now. Cut and dry you might think. They then repeated the test, this time the three groups took on water, sports drinks or nothing at all intravenously so they wouldn't know which group they were in. All three groups independently of each other performed equally well. So yes, you can try cars out on the road, you can draw conclusions for yourself, but be aware that you yourself are a bias and it can be a big one.
-
It should stick to vinyl though I would have thought, as I say just adhesive and vinyl wouldnt repel that?
-
Still stand by a lot of peoples comments that its the same stuff, I don't think its invalid to say it is - yes companies add their own little mix into it afterwards but generally it is petrol at its base point of collection. Once added those mixes compose of maybe 0.5% of the content added (total guess!) which each company adds. So the base is the same product. Thats generally how I read it when people say 'its the same stuff' Do they make a difference? Probably, is it significant, probably not. In a lab environment with stable testing conditions if BP is worse than Shell by 3% in a measure such as mpg that difference can be wiped out in about 2 minutes of country road driving. I still haven't seen any evidence on the net showing a conclusive test that one works significantly better than another. No offence to home tests but I prefer to see things tested properly before coming to a conclusion (hey I did stats as a degree, you get programmed to test things) and simply running a car on one fuel then another is in no way comparable (weather changes? driving habits? road types? did you go on a few long drives over summer on holidays vs tucking the car away in colder weather? people in the car other than the driver? drivers weight! contents in the boot? did you flush the fuel system through before switching fuels? etc etc) all these things are variables of differing impact levels, these impact your test, the more variables you have the bigger the requirement for the difference to be to prove that the difference you are seeing is real and not a function of the test itself. So yes if you saw that there was a 50%+ difference you are probably right to have a claim the fuel makes a difference GIVEN the variability in the test, if you are looking at 5% 10% differences the chances are its not fuel related and more likely something else your variables are creating. I have googled for a real 'proof' of one bettering another, and there is nothing, if it is so clearly cut and dry one is better, how comes there is nothing out there saying so apart from many debates by under-qualified people to have the debates such as us?
-
Cant see why not, they are just adhesive like anything else? I could be wrong as cant remember the post exactly, but the decals were to go on the switches rather than the wheel weren't they?
-
Rtbiscuit can get you hexis vinyl also which is high grade stuff
-
Buy a VX mate, even pulling out of a driveway is a great experience
-
I have seen a marked increase in Ford Capris now you mention it!
-
This is the best photo I could find, I sold the car last year so can't go out and grab a snap of it unfortunately!
-
Mine peeled back, I just bought some carbon fibre vinyl and wrapped it, surprisingly easy to do with the steering wheel in place actually.
-
Mens legs...
-
I would agree numbers must be easier to register than a dial. I was lucky enough to be in a brand new M5 with the sports head up display and having the speed in numbers on your windscreen makes it much easier.
-
GLWTS, it has been immaculately looked after and will make a great upgrade for someone.
-
Not sure if anyone knows much about this, but have been following it as one guy off the VX forum looked over a few cars for me before going for my one. Nice chap who said he would show me how to handle the car on track with some training runs, turns out he is 2012, 2013 time attack champion for the RWD class in the UK. Just competed in the Euros and came in a credible 2nd including against a pro team with a 911! Results on the left hand side of this Facebook page, but look what sneaked in a surprising 4th place in RWD class ... https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanTimeAttackMasters
-
Just showed my wife, laughed her ar5e off, think I know what we are having tomorrow night!
-
Hang on...loaf of bread changes shape from one pic to the next shocker
-
Heart attack in a bun!
-
You can also buy belt dressing online to help keep it in good shape and prevent cracking/slipping
-
Great thread title (followed by childish sniggering)
-
Or aqua graphics? Havent seen it posted up yet but gets a brilliant result. Someone on here did their whole dash carbon dipped. I recently did some of my interior which was a worn out looking silver in red carbon, a photo below of the dash plate before being fitted:
-
Anything that has japspeed on it is generally junk, once you receive this from the US you will find it probably wont fit properly and you will be in a chop shop spending more money modifying the underside of your car/y pipe with no product support from the seller. Search for 'japspeed' and 'crap' on the site there will be plenty of posts for you to read through. If those japspeed bits were any good you wouldn't see so many people opting for cobras and the like. Pay the money and have peace of mind...
-
Happy birthday mate!
-
Vortech supercharger potential deal in pipeline
coldel replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Marriage wrecker!