Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    Next car?

    Dont think I could go to that, SMD would be on my back day and night with the jokes I take your point Ricey - but struggling to find something I like which is newer, in my self inflicted hard budget.
  2. deleted double post!
  3. Found this on a forum after some google searching - I think if you look at Alfas and Scoobys they front bumper as standard does not accomodate a rectangular plate, so you are allowed square ones. It all gets a bit grey if you put one on the front of your imported Zed where it is possible to put a rectangular one. Special Concession for Owners of Imported Vehicles A concession which will permit some vehicles to continue to display motorcycle size number plates was announced on July 31st 2001 by Minister for Transport John Spellar.This will apply to certain imported cars, mainly fromAmerica and the Far East. It follows concerns about the cost of modifying vehicles which are designed for foreign markets and unable to display UK size number plates.
  4. Sorry I meant I thought it would look fine with the UK rectangular plate on the front.
  5. Think it would look fine - just check the rules as I am sure (although could be wrong!) that square plates are only legal if the car originated from outside the UK?
  6. Unless you are bombing around the 'ring it will make naff all difference on the road driving at legal speeds. 19s do look better though...
  7. coldel

    Next car?

    Anyone owned a Nissan Pulsar GTi-r before?!
  8. The best 'Happy Birthday' thread ever...!
  9. I think you are right Colin, we should just ditch it...
  10. The knife at the top looks more like a pen to me...
  11. Voted!
  12. Could buy an RS pedal - it has a lip on the edge to make throttle blipping easier?
  13. Awwww with terrible jokes like that you should tread very carefully..... Happy birthday Dan Huhhh, the same tyred old jokes eh ...
  14. I guess the problem with cash is that it doesn't guarantee authenticity. You would definitely have to go to a bank and have it all checked. The guy that bought my Zed turned up with cash, we had to walk down to the bank, get it all checked and paid in, wander back - took an hour in total. Also you would have to do it during bank opening hours, so buying on a Sunday, some Saturdays or after work is not an option. Scary that you can just login on your phone and pay...but its the way things are going!
  15. Happy birthday mate, sure you will be pumped up and any celebrations wont be a let down... Wheres the door
  16. I bought my Zed in cash, went to the bank with the seller. Was nervous as hell as I was in his town, with him, on my own, drawing out a load of cash. Much prefer the internet way of buying now, it really makes things much less stressful!
  17. Not sure Ostego, I have paid out over £5k before first time over the net, the same as the guy that bought the VX off me at the weekend, Barclays let him pay out over £5k first time payment as well. It could be something to do with individual limits, if they exist? Not sure. But you can definitely pay a first time payment over £5k based on my experience.
  18. No it isnt, I paid out a fair bit over £5k for my VX, done in minutes, first time payment authorised over the phone. Maybe your limit is lower?
  19. Not sure about Zeds, but on the VX forum the cost of ITBs is more than a supercharger conversion, which gives you less than half the gains. It sounds good, looks good, but if you want performance, its not an easy or simple path.
  20. With Lloyds, you can pay out to a first time person within minutes, no notice required. They ring your mobile as the payment goes through to authorise it. When Justin paid via Barclays, he popped my details in and had some calculator thing with codes on, again first time payment, went through in minutes no problem. When I sold the Zed, guy turned up with the money in £20 notes, I had to go to a bank to check it.
  21. I have used bank transfer for last two exchanges. Took my mac to someones house, logged onto their internet, transfered the money out of my lloyds account on a sunday afternoon, went through and cleared in his account in about 2 minutes. Sold the VX last weekend, same thing, guy transferred from Barclays to my Lloyds account, 2 minutes. Easiest way really.
  22. coldel

    Next car?

    ...must...not....mod
  23. coldel

    Next car?

    Its really hard to find an R33/34 which hasnt got a mod list as long as your arm - would prefer to get something a bit stock, but then you are wandering into first import territory.
  24. coldel

    Next car?

    G35s do tick all boxes, I would be at pains though to have to pay for a remap again, the spacer again, etc etc. I am swerving quite strongly back to the Celica now!
×
×
  • Create New...