-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
But the point is Dan, that they have set up a site dedicated to it, we do have banter about bad cars on here but its about 0.1% of the content of the site. There are certainly more threads about how much we like cars rather than just dedicating ourselves to hating them. And we dont go pursuing the people who own them presenting them with certificates FFS which is childish and moronic beyond the extreme.
-
I think we should get things clear here, its not a car site, its a pi$$ taking site that happens to be about cars. I am just astonished that anyone would be sad enough to sign up to a site where the main aim is to humiliate people. I bet there is a token one member on the site that actually has a girlfriend who all the others point at at meet ups and grunt 'wo-man'
-
That's the thing Grundy, you suspect that the majority actually know very little about cars. Like that plonker that thought a highly tuned 'sitckered' track winning car was a shed. The best people can do is just not log in and let them laugh along with each others jokes in their own little bubble.
-
Its the flyer bit that really gets me, that they deliberately incite a reaction, then get people to sign in. I mean, what do they think these people are going to do? Sign in and go, yeah you are all right and I am an idiot? Its a deliberate ploy to get people onto the site knowing they are wound up, bait them and abuse them. If you want a physical definition of what a 'keyboard warrior' or 'internet troll' is, the people on that site seem to be it!
-
I read that link, fair play to him punching that guy. What did he expect to happen, common sense isn't common it appears especially amongst the members of that site. They rip the pi$$ out of the guys car, and its not like, 'oh god that is a shocker' its pages and pages of vile sputum and shocking language. I think its bloody hilarious that one of the keyboard warriors got punched, everyone said he handled it well, sounded to me like he bottled it, turned his back and done a runner. I think it would make an interesting court case, that this group of people bait owners of cars, then abuse them online and then one of them hilariously gets popped.
-
He seemed to put up a good argument on there actually!
-
Take it off, dont mess with the valve, but just get some cloth and wipe all the crap out of it.
-
That is just an awesome prize - love it, so simple, the prize is that you win everything we make
-
Not seen it before...although there is some chap on facebook who set up a page where he took photos of 'chavvy' cars and post them up and slagged them off. There is a proper nice guy on the VX220 forum who had his car photographed and slated, because of all the 'silly stickers' all over his 'cheap vauxhall' Turned out that the VX220 in question was its class winner in the 2012 and 2013 time attack and 2nd in the European championship 2013 time attack. The silly stickers were actually proper paid for sponsors. The guy that owns the car and raced it is the events manager at Croft. Turns out actually that this guy who has this facebook page is a bus driver and his pride and joy back home on the driveway is an old diesel Golf! Needless to say he got the Ekona/Ricey/DBlock/SMD equivalent combo attack on his facebook page Be careful who you 'Barry' it might just come back and bite you
-
Imagine you are stood outside Odeon facing Richmond bridge, there is a building to the right on the other side of the road with a open air square inside it, its an office in that square.
-
The ebay office is in Richmond, about 5 mins walk from my house..!
-
Never did the headers on mine, but heard it was a pig of a job. You could clean up the throttle body yourself with a bit of care and elbow grease. Lightened flywheel for freer revving? Hope you have decent brakes...have you put any anti-roll bars on? The eibach ones are meant to transform the handling. What about wheels? Got lighter ones? No good having extra ponies if you car is rolling around all over the shop...
-
...wont rise to that!
-
...and where would you put the VX220 VXR
-
On my first driving test way back in the 90s, I was stuck trying to enter a one way system come roundabout and muttered in my frustration 'no one is using indicators how can I get out'...when I did get out I then exited the otherside without using my indicators! Needless to say I failed and the instructor made a point of highlighting that incident, stuck with me, I always indicate! Lesson learned!
-
...and I thought dissenters will be disemboweled in front of a baying crowd whilst shouting 'WESTMINSTER!!!'
-
Yoof unemployment problem temporarily solved
-
Ooh that's deep mate, but not something I would base a constitution on. That's it, I'm going to write one based on Common Weal principles actually and stick it on a website
-
Whats the odds that five years after independence we will have shouts from the hills of Scotland being run by 'Edinburgh Politics' and that they are in their own little bubble with the cheapest council tax in the areas around parliament... (assuming its run from Edinburgh of course before anyone jumps in - and it is a tongue in cheek joke so details are not that necessary, bit like the Yes vote manifesto actually...)
-
..."instantly" - I suddenly had visions of the people in the north of England waking up the day after the vote to see a huge wall being slung up on the horizon
-
For me it's about people voting Yes for all the wrong reasons. It just seems that there are lots of questions put to the people who will be taking Scotland into independence that they simply wont address. You can talk your way around it in a lead up to a vote, but come match time, you cant simply skip around it, do you trust the people in charge to come up with the practical responses? The Common Weal, I appreciate its a vision and it sounds 'nice' but you asked people to read it and I had a quick look but found it to be two things, impractical and contrary to human nature (unfortunately humans are greedy) in addition to it again being written as a very biased propaganda piece. For instance the first principle is listed as: A Common Weal Approach Assume that mutual and shared working towards mutual and shared goals will produce the best society and the best economy The London Orthodoxy Approach Assume that competition and conflict will allow the strongest to rise and that they alone should shape society and the economy Which could easily be written as: A Common Weal Approach Mutual and shared goals limit innovation and aspiration, no one should sees any chance of becoming anything greater than what is dictated to them by the ruling party who deem all you succeed in is given to those who do not The London Orthodoxy Approach Competition inspires people to greater things, to innovate to succeed, to drive their competitors to work harder to counter their success and drive international investment through the providence of a healthy competitive environment I appreciate there are hardly any objective texts on political approaches, but this is pretty far from being a plausible one, well from my laymans view it is, be good to see an economists view on it.
-
Buy a Nismo rad cap and bingo your car is Nismo and therefore allowed the badge
-
Did you write a good advert with all the necessaries in the first place
-
Upon reading more on this, I am almost convinced that Scotland will vote yes, but for all the wrong reasons. G Man, some top posts on this thread and to be honest I suspect most of it over most of our heads (including mine) but I have to say that link you posted it a bit of a shocker. I can see the idealism in it, but the way it is written is pretty poor and very biased and unfortunately what most people are relying on to decide how to vote. As with most things, its easier to criticise something real and support something theoretical than vice versa.
-
http://news.sky.com/story/1190869/new-london-black-cab-nissan-ditches-diesel