Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Cheers Colin, missus wants to go to this one day so good way to prep her!
  2. Check the engine over for leaks, any oil externally on the car. When did you buy it? Recent purchase? Did you check the oil level when you got it? Oil light means fill it back up with oil (Opie oils and many sites will give you options if you select the car from their lists) and get it to a decent garage to look it over.
  3. Alonso is a very angry man at the moment!
  4. "Well looked after, no expense spared....subtle mods" Hilarious!
  5. If you pootle around at 20 mph you could have four different tyres on and you will be fine, if you intend to give it a bit of gas and make the most of the car, sell the part worns and pick up a complete set.
  6. Ha! I am not saying that its a cool car, I hate driving it, but for £1500, 50k miles, full service history, brand new pirellis, all optional extras included, for £1500 for a run around, it aint arf bad for what the wife needs!
  7. Heres one for you to shoot down in flames, Renault Megane 2.0l on an 03 plate. £1500, full panoramic sunroof, keyless entry and start, tonnes of electronics inside, great seating position and comfort, decent MPG on long drives, very good computer in the dash with all sorts of read outs. For fifteen hundred quid, have been very impressed and surprised!
  8. BMW 645Ci £65k new can be picked up for under £10k
  9. First one, by all accounts, was freshers week at uni - it came in a polystyrene box and had salad in it that's all I can tell you based on what I discovered strewn across my student digs floor the following day. Whilst skim reading the Metro this morning saw a news article about some kebab store where the kitchen staff didnt bother washing their hands after using the toilet and gave 120 customers e-coli...
  10. Great post Stu! Bellowed in the office here people looking at me funny... ...I have a 2009 Macbook Pro (still going strong!) and I installed Boom 2 from the app store last night, it increases the internal speaker sound by about 50%, fantastic!
  11. Just take every car on its merits, each is built with a particular customer in mind and no car within 99% of customers budget will ever tick every box.
  12. No bank should need any notice whatsoever to withdraw £7,000....................... Have withdrawn more than this from the Richmond high street branch of Lloyds no bother at all with no notice given - took no longer than a few minutes to sort it out and they even let me go to a separate room with someone to count it myself.
  13. Its the excitement of watching the rev counter fly around from 800 to 3000 before changing gear
  14. In what way dude? I always thought they were utter marketing crap to be honest ?! Happy to be proved wrong I cannot imagine when Nissan are engineering a Zed car they do not earth it correctly - that said I bought one simply because it looked cool under the bonnet. Horsham Developments have a kit here with some info on what they felt it did to the car http://h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25417
  15. There are a number of point and click options to if you want something cheap to start with, something like snapspeed for instance very easy to use and can really improve photos Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. I bought photoshop, I do remember though it had a free months trial so maybe sign up to a few free trials and go for whatever works best?
  17. On the back of a trailer, looked a bit 'racey'
  18. coldel

    GT-Four

    Hope so mate! Still only has 70k miles on it and goes like a rocket, hard to believe its 20 years old. Oh and managed to source some OEM front undertrays (no easy task!) so need to fit those when I get the chance.
  19. coldel

    GT-Four

    Have been tinkering with the car a bit lately after spending most daylight hours driving it (such a great car to drive, 4WD, tonnes of power, great handling) Ended up buying and installing a SWE815 bass speaker in the boot, nice and compact but it really gives the car some amazing ability to fire off those favourite driving songs! Also a little play under the bonnet, so I have the hydraulic bonnet lifters in, so designed my own lanyard and popped that on and I think it works quite nicely! Also a sneaky little addition to the top bonnet vent
  20. Nice work Dan, can't wait to see this car done. I really like the M6 wheels also but yes uber expensive for what they are. Sounds like you planned well though in terms of being prepared to fork out for work after the purchase.
  21. Have fun chaps, would love to do this sort of hoon with you guys some day when I can get sign off being away from the family for any length of time!
  22. Do it all monthly direct debit, makes the hit a bit easier to take
  23. I used to live in Japan Yes second one just wasn't a patch on the first.
  24. Probably the definitive answer right there. What do you want out of £1000? You can't have it all for that money so whats important to you, pick from the three above and spend it
×
×
  • Create New...