Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. The OP said the car is now making a strange noise though? I think if a garage is going to start disconnecting equipment unrelated to the work being carried out then they should be asking permission.
  2. They should not be touching the dashcam - thats not their property, it had nothing to do with the repair and it only adds to distrust hence your post. Mechanics in garages get up to plenty of high jinks, most of it harmless enough, maybe they thought it was running all the time and disconnected it so nothing was captured during the time it was being worked on? Either way, just go somewhere else next time thats the beauty of choice.
  3. Was exiting the car park next to you - silver 350z.
  4. I have four apertures on my bonnet! Some are for air in (belt cooling) some for out. As they are designed for rallying in mind they must work. Have to say whilst sat in traffic I can see a wall of heat rippling in front of me as it exits the vent in the middle! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Don't go near anything coming out of TVRGlen, well known in VX community for producing shiny cars with umpteen hidden problems.
  6. Contrary to above, I think the advert is pretty poor and doesn't stand out at all. Advertising slogans in car adverts in my opinion are not good i.e. "this is the top one you can get" makes it sound like a desperate car salesman. In terms of value for money etc that's up to the buyer to decide, you shouldn't really be telling them what to think. Stick to the facts, create bulleted lists of detail so its easier to digest. Mention service history? Mention MoT? The ad needs much more detail and needs to appeal to the person likely to buy this, they are more likely to be a car enthusiast and interested in the detail. If I were spending two grand on a Fiat this ad might work for me for example... Personally I have found Autotrader a complete waste of time for this sort of car, ebay has worked so much better for me, much higher readership I suspect on ebay than Autotrader plus you can be so much more flexible with your advert - I like to include a video walkaround for people to view for instance you can include this in your advert description. All above is constructive feedback, don't take it personally.
  7. RTBiscuit I remember felt that the S2000 was better than every way than the 350z and loved it - so expect a glowing reference!
  8. As far as I know from reading on Detailing World suds don't make any difference to quality of clean so don't get hung up on it. As long as it lubricates, cleans, and works its magic you should be fine. I use Bathe+ and its just stunning, when you rinse it the water runs off like you wouldn't believe. I tried Envy's stuff but wasn't as good.
  9. Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel head and shoulders above everything else, you should test that.
  10. I just logged in again to take screen grab of mine, but there was no ads at all Are you using any ad blockers? Cant have ad blockers on my laptop at work so lumbered with it. At home have an ad blocker but sites are cottoning on to this and restricting content if you block ads (as the ads fund the site) so it wont be long before most free sites will ask to disable your ad-blocker. I would rather start out on and use one that at least (for now) has a lower ad environment than PB. I think most of us agreed that PB is slower and has more ads on the previous thread about PB dying - but that the app wasn't so good.
  11. On another thread chatting with Dan I took a screen grab of my photo bucket which showed no less than 3 adverts on just the library page in one go - not including the splash adverts I get when I log in. PB is definitely slower and more advert dominant.
  12. Photobucket as a desktop based platform is utter tosh - over run with advertising and has become so slow its farcical. Imgur on desktop is really clean, fast and relatively ad free. I rarely use apps to upload photos etc mostly do all my photo work on desktop so never really aware of how good or bad an app version is.
  13. I just clicked the little man shaped icon in the bottom right and all my photos appear? But yes I got all the images come up...
  14. What mods were you running on the GT4?
  15. Every person is unique, I think that's what frustrates most people and why sometimes things do not make sense but it only takes a single post code letter or a model type on your car to throw things out. You cannot produce a costing model which takes absolutely everything into account, on the whole the models probably work fine in 80% of occasions and the rest you get strange things happening (including super good cheap deals as well as stupid expensive ones). Most of the time these insurers are just the brokers, they are not setting the prices, they are getting the cheapest from the suppliers they have available to them. We all forget that these are companies that are trying to turn a profit, if you ran the business and you found that 50% of customers took the first price offered and 50% took a discounted rate when they bartered with you, would you just offer the discounted rate off the bat to everyone? Just to say, I am not an insurance agent, I just wanted to give an alternative perspective and 'walk their shoes' version to consider before we move into 5 pages of just mob based insurance bashing
  16. Thanks for the kiss
  17. Sold - thread locked
  18. I saw it, but rather than delete it moved it to the right part of the forum
  19. Various posts across the internet quote 1bhp per year - but hey the internet isn't always right If its has been poorly serviced, ragged, stuck in a bubble in a lock up, wrong fuel, bad oil etc etc will all have an effect on the engine performance over time - the question is unfortunately I think one that drops into this category unless someone has some great insights...
  20. What was the objective of the question? Are you thinking of buying and wanted to know what the car might truly be running in terms of BHP?
  21. If its going through a litre every 750 miles with no oil leak I would be concerned...try rechecking levels again a few times but as Dan said drop the oil out and see what you have.
  22. People have reported a litre going missing every 1000 miles before, you are not far off that. Why did you buy it if it was missing half the oil? Or did you only notice when you got home?
  23. coldel

    SVR

    Nowt wrong with 2l cars
  24. Maybe a good excuse for a naughty weekend away, just the two of you?
  25. coldel

    New tyres time.

    Which Potenza tyres do you have? There are a few variants which vary in wet grip capability.
×
×
  • Create New...