-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
I went to Ireland for my stag do - we spent a few nights in Cork. Stunning place, people are just as you might expect super friendly and a great laugh. Even the taxi ride to the coast was a visual experience! Have kissed the Blarney stone already
-
I think with reference to people and their status it will all be fine on both sides. The sort of confrontational politics we see by the likes of Farage doesn't help things at all, it only makes their opposite number act in a similar manner, but I am pretty hopeful that sensible people outside the likes of Farage et al. will just realise that the cost and upheaval to both economies is just too ridiculous to fathom if we all decided to uproot everyone.
-
Sold - thread locked
-
Hmmm have to say I am with Dan on this, looks a bit Hyundai if you ask me. Even companies like Jag who make aggressive fearsome cars still conform to the dull uninspired look that all EV seem to have to be styled as.
-
There's more than economic argument at stake - if the EU allow us a great deal, then we could well see Italy, France and a few others seriously considering go for it too especially if the right wingers get support they need. So the EU is fighting for its survival - however we shouldn't think that plays into our hands. I think it will harm both sides, we will probably lose out economically the EU will lose out politically. But who knows until we see what each side is prioritising.
-
I guess going back to the question, should we have them, well its been on the table for a long time, in fact back at the start of the 1900s I think it was first questioned. It seems though that many people question it, none come up with a viable alternative. Voting in the members seems like it makes sense, but as Pete says it doesn't in many cases create a credible challenge to power in the Commons if its the same party with majority. Alternatively if its an opposing party you end up with nothing going through. You could argue using PR but then that throws a whole new issue up as to where the power really lies, a house with a PR elected membership could be due more power than those in the Commons i.e. 35% of the vote and winning an election. I think in essence the idea is a good one, that you have a sense check of important stuff the party in power in the Commons put together - how we get to that membership is the problem.
-
I would suggest (and I am only guessing) is that the process is that the UK triggers the article and submits its terms for divorce which the EU has to respond to. So like it or not we have to reveal our hand first. As for Germany itself, we are not negotiating with Germany, its with the EU, the guy heading that up has to get a joint confirmation of all EU parties before committing to something we cannot agree different terms with different countries unilaterally?
-
So I guess as I started the previous 93 page debate... Morally I think yes. Democratically I say yes. Lords are giving a view of all people living here, not just those born here. In terms of democracy, the only thing that it counts for in this instance is that at some point, the UK exits the EU. No one voted for the terms of the exit, so the argument around it being undemocratic is not really applicable. All that said, as above, the media report it is giving away a bargaining chip. Which is probably true, is that one chip out of a thousand though, I don't see May jumping up and down about it, how important was it? On the other hand, it would become a powerful 'political' chip for the UK if the EU decided to send UK nationals home, we would be seen pretty much across the board as the good guys and more pro-European than the actual EU, if the EU did send them back that sort of thing would only strengthen far right wing support across Europe and ultimately lessen the control of those pro-EU in every country. Pure speculation, haven't read that anywhere, but could be the case? As for time, this is going to be a process taking years, potentially decades, a few weeks back and forth now is not really an issue, again its a political soundtrack for Brexiters but its not really going to have an impact in the grand scheme of things. I think the overall problem is that the public misunderstand what they voted for, they voted to exit the EU, not the terms. The terms are there for all parties to ratify, the public will get what they voted for in an exit but have no say in how its done.
-
Throttle Controller on a Lambo? #isitreallyrequired Oh and have seen Lambos on fire on YT, but because the flames out the exhaust set light to the bodywork!
-
Amazing news. Every time I see you update this thread I open it and brace myself, just wonderful news.
-
So many potential jokes with this, I don't know where to start
-
Same with Oslo. Companies have set up a huge infrastructure of charging points (something like 600+ in Amsterdam alone) so makes it a viable option for taxis.
-
First image that came up on Google search - not the worst looking thing in the world, I have certainly seen uglier 350z's!
-
They can be modified to look quite stunning though - seen some very desirable looking cars on here and online.
-
I agree, we get a slightly blinkered view of what the 350z ownership experience looks like as we tend to mostly go the mod route - and its very likely we only represent a small % of Zed owners in the UK. I would imagine getting an unfettered one should be reasonably straight forward - looking on AT, ebay and PH 95% of them have no mods. Supras, Skylines and the like on the other hand...
-
I think we get a somewhat biased view of 350z's because the majority on here modify the cars - there are many more owners not on forums who just own the cars and do nothing to them. I see 5 unmodified standard Zeds out on the roads for every modified one.
-
Shame Sega Rally didn't have the same effect on GT-Fours I live in hope though
-
We went the standard route last year, took over an hour to do the last mile, just creeping along a couple of feet every minute or so it was a nightmare.
-
Building that 1000bhp+ Supra then trying to get the fastest top speed on that test track oval
-
Its all very debatable, which is good. How comes a mint 240z which is now knocking on 30 odd years old only worth £20k? What does that say for the 350z which is mass produced (relatively speaking)? An R34 built in 2001 is worth 8-10 times what a 350z is worth built around the same time. I think it comes down to a few things such as: Looks: I think the 350z ticks this box, but does suffer a bit from the 'it looks like a porsche' syndrome Badge: Some Nissans break the mould i.e. by having the Skyline badge against it, but many do not - why does an E-Type go for £100k+ when its contemporary the 240z go for a fifth of that? Heritage: Zed heritage is good, so should count in its favour, although many 'average joes on the street' wouldn't have a clue what a Zed is, or was Performance: Its a good quick car, but lets not forget Toyota/Nissan/Ford etc. were building cars just as quick 10 years prior to it External factors: Movies, celebrity endorsement, viral stuff on social media can all impact it, who knows what is to come - its not had its Italian Job Mini-moment yet but it might do I think its in with a chance of becoming a classic worth something in 15-20 years time, I think its far from a given though.
-
Mr Plough
-
+1 that, if you take the normal route you will spend an hour sat in traffic (as the GT4 lot did last year) the other route gets you into town in about 10 mins!
-
But in terms of what would drive value of the 350, I am not so sure it being NA would be the main reason or even one of the main reasons. There are so many external factors that are unrelated to the car - I am thinking Bullit and the Mustang for example, alright the Mustang was a well known American car but it became and icon there and then which will have put a large positive value on the car. With Nissan, if they go on and make another NA version of the Zed lets say, does the 350 retain that point of difference and become valuable. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that so many factors affect future value.
-
I can see some logic in that, although as above that didn't stop turbo cars like Supra's becoming highly valued over NA cars. I cannot see an NA Supra being worth more than the turbo version in the next 10 years. There are some interesting papers written about 'iconicity' which are worth a read, about how and what defines an icon and thus creates value.
-
How comes the view on the NA? Because most cars are going turbo nowadays? Supra and R32 made it off the back of being turbo charged.